• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

My money is a little better these days, so it may be time to go purchase a few authentic jerseys, instead of the replicas.

Yup. I stopped buying replicas in 2005 or so. I still have a bunch in my closet but get the authentic these days.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not saying that OO will be successful at it, but.......we do have our very own John Collins as reference who took only ONE 3 pointer in college and now has developed a reliable 3 point shot 

Based on his free throw shooting and just the eye test of watching of him,  I don't see him becoming the shooter JC is. Sounds like over optimistic  homerism to me. Think he will be a solid small ball big either way. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Based on his free throw shooting and just the eye test of watching of him,  I don't see him becoming the shooter JC is. Sounds like over optimistic  homerism to me. Think he will be a solid small ball big either way. 

Collins was a 69% and 74% freethrow shooter in College, 71% in his first NBA season. OO was 72% and 63% in his one year in college and NBA.

He may never, but I just think it's too soon to tell.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

A guy who has absolutely no history shooting threes , will sudden be knocking 40% of them down on three to four attempts a game? Do you care to make an avatar bet on that?

Yes, in the 2023 season he will shoot 40%

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Do you how many qualifying Hawks are currently 40% or above from three? None. 40% from three is actually a pretty high bar. 

A testament to my belief in not only OOs shot but his work ethic.  Also, I don't believe it will be on much volume, just 1 to 3 attempts per game.

• Like 1

Just now, Final_quest said:

Is Trae that good?  Got a feeling none of these guys would be as highly rated without him.  This is why I’m all in with Trae.  The dude gets results.  

YES! He's generational on the offensive side of the ball.  The league will take notice soon.  How many players his size have been able to do what he does offensively?  Not many that I can think of....generational.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Classic trap game. Stay on the gas Hawks. There's no way the Knicks aren't going to be up for tonight's game. I fully expect Mitchell and Randle to be extra physical with Capela and Collins on both ends. The backcourt will have to keep guys like Burks and Quickley in check as well. This won't be a cakewalk. 

Randle's defense and offense has been putrid.  He struggles whenever he plays in front of crowds.

I expect John to be Randle's main defender with Hunter out and John should do a good job. 

I'm interested to see how Robinson plays against Capela.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

Randle's defense and offense has been putrid.  He struggles whenever he plays in front of crowds.

I expect John to be Randle's main defender with Hunter out and John should do a good job. 

I'm interested to see how Robinson plays against Capela.

I feel like Collins will be ok against Randle. If Cap can keep Robinson off the offensive glass and the backcourt can keep guys like Burks or Quickley from having career nights, the Hawks should be ok.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Da hell ATL  isn't  resting  anyone,  and they  too had to fly in  on a back to back,  shorter  distance though. Don't be a yellow  belly,  thibs.

Kemba still has a knee injury and hasn't been playing on back to backs.  The other players are injured and old..lol

• Like 4