• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Improved shooting with OO's defense would be a welcome surprise this season. 

Man I miss him. I’ve said this before but I think he’s the 3rd of our 3 dogs.

1. Trae

2. Collins

3. Onyeka

I think Schlenk envisions Yek here to be the guy that he was once responsible for drafting 35th overall, one Draymond Green. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

OO's upside in incredible imo, and easier to realize than a guy like Cam.  His instincts on defense are better than anyone on the teams to me, including hunter.  And he has an unreal motor... and his shot is something that can continue to improve as he gets more games and reps.  Would not be surprised to see him at 40% from 3 on 3-4 attempts per game in a couple years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

And he has an unreal motor...

This is high praise for him but being a fan of the Detroit Lions for 30+ years, his motor and specially bottom half twitch fibers move like Barry. I don’t throw around Barry’s name in cross sport comparisons much but arcade pinball style lower half movement. I’m excited.

23 hours ago, marco102 said:

JC would be a good one. I have one Trae.

Need to get a Huerter Jersey.

But Okongwu was my boy since day 1 I wanted him to us from the first time I saw him at USC. Now he’s coming back.

Ok I may need 2 jersey’s. :laugh1:

Okongwu and Collins

Huerter got next… :peanut-butter-jelly-time:

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 1:28 PM, JeffS17 said:

OO's upside in incredible imo, and easier to realize than a guy like Cam.  His instincts on defense are better than anyone on the teams to me, including hunter.  And he has an unreal motor... and his shot is something that can continue to improve as he gets more games and reps.  Would not be surprised to see him at 40% from 3 on 3-4 attempts per game in a couple years.

A guy who has absolutely no history shooting threes , will sudden be knocking 40% of them down on three to four attempts a game? Do you care to make an avatar bet on that?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

A guy who has absolutely no history shooting threes , will sudden be knocking 40% of them down on three to four attempts a game? Do you care to make an avatar bet on that?

Not saying that OO will be successful at it, but.......we do have our very own John Collins as reference who took only ONE 3 pointer in college and now has developed a reliable 3 point shot 

• Like 3

On 11/23/2021 at 6:09 PM, marco102 said:

JC would be a good one. I have one Trae.

Need to get a Huerter Jersey.

Yeah, my next jersey purchase will be John Collins.  I've been rocking the Trae jersey since the 4 OT Chicago game back in 2019, so it's time for another jersey.

My money is a little better these days, so it may be time to go purchase a few authentic jerseys, instead of the replicas.

• Like 2