• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Sothron said:

one of the realgm mods asked me to stop "hate posting" in the Trae/Luka thread on the general board over there. I haven't "hated" on Luka except to point out that Trae is a better player. Smh.

If you are comparing the players, you have to be either making the case that one is better than the other or that they are equal.  Are the mods messaging everyone who doesn't think they are equal to stop "hating" on the other player?  Seems a little crazy especially given your level-headed temperament and the shenanigans that happen on that board on a regular basis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Reddish injury concerns me a little because he was listed on the injury report before the Knicks game with a wrist injury and still decided/was allowed to play.
I don't know if he just aggravated it or made it worse, but I don't necessarily trust his pain judgment.
The same thing happened last year with the achilles. He was in and out of the lineup with the injury before they finally shut him down for what was basically the rest of the season.

I know he is listed as day to day but there is precedent of him having a seemingly mild injury become a prolonged issue. The best news is that the team took an MRI so they're not going strictly off of his testimony. But I don't want him rushing back just to miss more games with the same sore wrist later on. I hope he let's it heal fully before coming back this time.

• Premium Member

I’ve been banned from the general board since last April for making a G rated joke at the expense of the sacred cow WNBA.  They keep denying my appeal because I keep refusing to accept that I did anything wrong.    Some of the mods there are complete cancel culture loving asshats.  Cough cough jamalstar and Texas Chud.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, shakes said:

I’ve been banned from the general board since last April for making a G rated joke at the expense of the sacred cow WNBA.  They keep denying my appeal because I keep refusing to accept that I did anything wrong.    Some of the mods there are complete cancel culture loving asshats.  Cough cough jamalstar and Texas Chud.  

Why are message boards allowed to ban people merely for having contrarian opinions? It's not right, and with the prevalence of message boards, I really think there needs to be laws to protect users from unscrupulous moderators.

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why are message boards allowed to ban people merely for having contrarian opinions? It's not right, and with the prevalence of message boards, I really think there needs to be laws to protect users from unscrupulous moderators.

Bro, they should not make laws for this level of pettiness.  If you don't want to get banned, don't say contrarian things or create your own message board.  No need to legislate because of hurts feelings on a sports message board.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Just thought about this. You have a dry sense of humor and probably are joking. You need to put that in green or something. 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Just thought about this. You have a dry sense of humor and probably are joking. You need to put that in green or something. 😂

I'm being intentionally glib of course, I'm not proposing tossing anyone in prison. But it would be nice if the industry standard for message boards entailed due process and some sort of appeal process, so at least there was some measure to restrain out of control moderators. Instead it's  "I don't like you, so I will ban you."

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

If you are comparing the players, you have to be either making the case that one is better than the other or that they are equal.  Are the mods messaging everyone who doesn't think they are equal to stop "hating" on the other player?  Seems a little crazy especially given your level-headed temperament and the shenanigans that happen on that board on a regular basis.

I can only assume they believe Luka is the Jesus of basketball and anyone who disagrees that Trae is better is just "hate posting". 

• Like 2