• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

On great efficiency too huh?  Looked at those advanced stats to see his effect on the game? Dallas is way worst with him on the court because he's not in good physical condition.  He shouldn't get a pass.  Harden has been torpedo for coming in out of shape the past couple of seasons. This season he had a legitimate reason with the hamstring for being out of shape.

I have noticed some NBA media starting to criticize Luka, but not the big boys that control the narratives. 

Dallas is 4th in the West. Their roster is very meh. If anything they are overachieving. Luka stated off slow with his efficiency last year, it'll come around. I don't really see anything worthy of harsh criticism to be honest. If your beef is folks were wrong about Trae I think that what you should emphasize. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No my beef is with people who always make excuses for Luka and don't give Trae the same benefit of the doubt.  

If Trae came in out of shape and playing mediocre, that's all they would be discussing. "He's not a winning player." "The Hawks will regret not trading for Luka." "Luka's generational and Trae is just an allstar."  "There is a significant gap between Trae and Luka." 

That's the shit we had to put up with for three years.  Now I'm going to talk my shit as much as possible. Just like they did. Trae got off to a slow start last year and was left off an Allstar team even though at the time Trae was playing much better.  

I want the same coverage for Trae and his "that's not basketball" and foul baiting as Luka coming in out of shape and playing like shit.  Yes, he is playing like shit by all advanced stats.  

Again, this isn't me hating Luka. I want these ass-hat NBA dipshits to cover them both objectively, but they refuse to.

Edit: My apologies for the cursing.  I started channeling my inner @NBASupes.

I mean,  I think Trae really silenced a lot of doubters last year. These things are impossible to predict. It would be nice if people admitted they were wrong instead of stubbornly adhering to previous opinions. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

It's not so much bias at RealGM (with the notable exception of Texas Charles) but over-moderation.

I mostly just use the trade forum to get a sense of what fans think about their own players. It's sadly worthless otherwise.

Over moderation is a problem at a lot of sites. Unless insults and threats are being hurled, let it go. 

• Like 1

If I print “I hate realgm” t- shirts 👕 will you all buy them out of @kg01’s white van 🚐 parked in the Sac? :indifferent:

We also sell ice cream 🍦 :stfu:

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I enjoy the Trade forum - I'm there to specifically say - Hawks pass. 

And you’re elite at it if I may say so myself! :applause:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Exactly.  Plus it's not like people are gonna dig up old posts to see if you contradict yourself.

On a totally unrelated note, ain't it great that I always believed in Trae even before we drafted him? 😉

I can lay claim to starting the first Trae thread at the Squawk, when he was at Oklahoma, not to brag or anything. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1