• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, swanlee said:

Are Cam and Hunter always going to be injured? Bogo is starting to get to that point now as well. I hope these guys can gets past these issues before they become busts.

Sprains are part of a season, happens to anyone. The only one I'm genuinely scared about long term health-wise is Hunter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Hunter

Ya same. Hoping it’s not chronic hes way too young for that, maybe just more fragile bones 🦴, I dunno cuz dude always seems in shape and a strong body that works. It’s a shame he keeps missing big chunks of time as he can’t build any momentum that way. Specially with basketball being such a rhythm game.

• Like 1

Knicks getting embarrassed at home...Fournier and Randle are having words on the sideline.....Good times....lol..

Bulls are a problem btw....Lavine is sick and Vucevic would be a nightmare matchup for Capela... 

They also have good defense on the perimeter with Ball and Caruso..

Edited by terrell

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Bulls pulled out the win, but are showing why they're fool's gold come playoff time.

Not Caruso the savior new age Spunk Skiles of the 80’s. He belongs on the Mavs of today and the Bucks of yesterday. Don’t @ me if you know you know. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not Caruso the savior new age Spunk Skiles of the 80’s. He belongs on the Mavs of today and the Bucks of yesterday. Don’t @ me if you know you know. 

Haha, Caruso is good though.  I know a grumpy kat is gonna pounce on your post though.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Scott Skiles was good too.  

Still that 30 dime record. Trae is gonna break that within 3 years.

Then again, I could see Trae getting 24-28 dimes, I know it’s only a couple more but 30 is pretty ridiculous. 

HE DIDN’T EVEN HAVE SHAQ YET!!! 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 2

Hawks are only 4 games (lost column) out of first place in the east.

Despite the fact we're missing important pieces, Atlanta is hanging around.  We don't expect to have it easy for the rest of the season.  But, we will fight.  Next man up.  

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Still that 30 dime record. Trae is gonna break that within 3 years.

Then again, I could see Trae getting 24-28 dimes, I know it’s only a couple more but 30 is pretty ridiculous. 

HE DIDN’T EVEN HAVE SHAQ YET!!! 🤦‍♀️ 

That season, he averaged 17.2 points on 44.5% FG%/40.8% 3pt%/90.2% ft% to go with 3.4 rebounds, 1.1 steals and 8.4 assists per game.  That is pretty solid.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haha, Caruso is good though.  I know a grumpy kat is gonna pounce on your post though.

I'd take Alex Caruso over Delon Wright seven days a week. We already know Spud doesn't like non Hawk White players, so nothing new there.  

Edited by bleachkit
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'd take Alex Caruso over Delon Wright seven days a week. We already know Spud doesn't like non Hawk White players, so nothing new there.  

That’s not true. Wait, so I like white Hawk players but not other white guys around the league? I’ve never..

Jokic and Sabonis are two of my favs in the entire league who are not Hawks.

Caruso is having an outstanding year though. I thought his confidence mainly came from being surrounded by Lebron and Ant 🐜, apparently not the case.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, AHF said:

That season, he averaged 17.2 points on 44.5% FG%/40.8% 3pt%/90.2% ft% to go with 3.4 rebounds, 1.1 steals and 8.4 assists per game.  That is pretty solid.

See those are crazy numbers he should have gotten more recognition at the time. People praised Mark Price a lot more and deservingly so but I didn’t have any idea those were his season numbers. I didn’t think he was a scrub but 17.2 on 45/40/90 is really underrated. Even on the expansion Magic, or was it the year after. I forget if it was 1989 or 90. I remember 89 was Illinois Nick Anderstud. 90 was 3D Scott from kg’s school and 92 was Shaq and 93 was Webber/Penny.

I don’t recall 91 for them in the draft. I’m slippin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrell said:

How so?

I think they're heavily reliant on a few guys.  I think they're not a consistent team defensively.  Recipe for building then losing leads.

I also think people have forgotten derozan has a well earned rep as a playoff choker so he shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt the way most have when they assess the Bulls' chances this year.

Same with Lowry.  Check the tape.  It's not just vs Lebron as many are assuming.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Haha, I knew it was coming.  And your statement isn't accurate about spud here.

• Thanks 2