• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We don't need help on the offensive end

9 points in a quarter says otherwise.  I'm not saying he becomes a part of the regular rotation, but with so many players out - Why not in spot minutes to see if he gives us something, anything?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

9 points in a quarter says otherwise.  I'm not saying he becomes a part of the regular rotation, but with so many players out - Why not in spot minutes to see if he gives us something, anything?

9 points was an anomaly. One game out of 25.  The hawks have scored less than 15 points in a quarter twice out of 100 quarters. Equates to 2% of the time.

We are second in offensive efficiency in the entire NBA.  The need wasn't offense for most of the season. It's been getting defensive stops.  

I believe if Gallo or John goes down he will get some playing time. We are hurting on the wing. Gallo didn't guard on the wing against the Sixers .  They had Ben Simmons out there with Embiid which allowed Gallo to stay in the paint and not get blown by consistently. John was out on the perimeter. I'd rather have John closer to the paint because he's a great help side defender.

I did want JJ to play against the Hornets and Knicks for energy purposes, but I don't know if he would have helped that much defensively. Have you been watching him in college park? I haven't seen much improvement as far as team defense while he's been playing there.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who do you want and what would you give up?

Brogdan (can't be traded for during the season), Turner or Sabonis (this is tougher).

No idea who I would give up, but a man could wish.

Edited by marco102

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I hope this Bogi thing isn't the old '2 weeks' ,  '2 weeks'

Reddish had the flu but was on the bench? 

Man i feel for Solo.   Honestly i think we have to replace him with someone right? 

Thats what I was thinking....Why was he on the bench if he had the flu? 

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Have you been watching him in college park? I haven't seen much improvement as far as team defense while he's been playing there.

I have not watched but snippets of about 2 games.  I won't let team defense be the only factor in not playing him.  If his man defense is ok (don't know that it is) and his rebounding can help - why not? and again I'm not saying put him in the regular rotation.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have not watched but snippets of about 2 games.  I won't let team defense be the only factor in not playing him.  If his man defense is ok (don't know that it is) and his rebounding can help - why not? and again I'm not saying put him in the regular rotation.

Again, the why not is because John and Gallo are in front of him.  Nate doesn't like playing people out side of their roles which is why Cam hasn't started even before he got the wrist injury. 

Team defense is what we need the most help with and that is Jalen's greatest weakness at this point.

Edited by marco102

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Who is Gallo guarding at the three?  I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to force Jalen into a role the coaches have determined he isn't ready for. 

He could surprise us and excel, but to me the chances of that are very unlikely.  We don't need help on the offensive end, we need to find someone who plays average defense at worst.  TLC handles that role and when Cam gets back he should help with that too. 

During rebuilding years, I'm all for getting rookies their playing time, but we are in a fight for our lives for playoff position.  Shorten the rotation if you have to, but we need to make sure this defense improves. 

Also, OO will be back in the next couple of weeks.  I don't see a reason for Jalen to have PT then.

I think when people see Mobley, Duarte, Cam Thomas, etc getting min on potential playoff teams, they want to sse their own guy get some burn....It's only natural.. lol..He''ll get his chance soon enough...Gallo will be gone after this season...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't see anyone from the Pacers fitting in here.  Turner is nice but he's not really much of an upgrade from a (...key word incoming....) healthy Capela.  No reason to give up assets for him imo and frankly I'd like to see how good OO is before we start looking at more centers.  IMO our biggest need right now is time and patience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who do you want and what would you give up?

None here. Would have loved Sabonis but Honline mentioned the Nate thing with him.

Plus, we have a stud in JC.

No interest in Turner or Levert. 

Having said that I’m about to upset folks possibly here @JayBirdHawk :laugh1:

it’s time … we have a few days off so we have enough time for people to yell at me 😂 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

None here. Would have loved Sabonis but Honline mentioned the Nate thing with him.

Plus, we have a stud in JC.

No interest in Turner or Levert. 

Having said that I’m about to upset folks possibly here @JayBirdHawk :laugh1:

it’s time … we have a few days off so we have enough time for people to yell at me 😂 

theres-just-never-enough-time-lance-geiger.gif

I could care less about Turner's family tbh. We let all that non-basketball stuff affect our opinions a little too much. He has been in Indy his whole career on decent teams that never really had a shot to win anything. If he was ever going to be a problem-child it would have happened. If the "rumors" that we have heard about his over involved family are true, than I can deal with that. It could be a lot worse.

Who am I giving up? Well the following players would not be safe at all.

Lou, Wright, Hill, TLC, Dieng

The following I would totally consider

Bogi, Gallo, Clint

I would have a hard time including the following, but one of them would likely always have to be included in a major trade:

Dre, Kev, Cam, OO.

What I like about a Clint trade is it really opens the floor up to have JC and Turner next to each other.  Imagine Trae, Kev, JC, Turner and any of the remaining wings we have left on the court together. Our spacing would be crazy beautiful.

• Like 3

On NBA radio 📻 @kg01 usually listens.. today give and go discusses the Pacers rebuild and proposed a Pacers/Celtics deal. With Sabonis/Jaylen Brown as the center pieces.

Made me wonder once again about us getting Jaylen Brown. He’s a hometown draw, a 2 way player and he WANTS IT.

I like the players on Indy a lot.

Love Sabonis, Malcolm and Duarte. Not high on Turner or LeVert. 

• Thanks 1