• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If we are forced to go that deep into the bench, I feel like we might as well just give JJ burn.  Last night's rotations weren't terrible and if we get even just one of Cam/Hunter/OO/Bogi back I doubt we'll need to give that roster spot minutes.

I get that but after last season and now this season - leaves me nervous about their dependability.

Example: A player like Wesley Matthew's would have been an ideal add. (Bucks just picked him up 2 days ago)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get that but after last season and now this season - leaves me nervous about their dependability.

Example: A player like Wesley Matthew's would have been an ideal add. (Bucks just picked him up 2 days ago)

Fair, I'm just in denial that the Hoxpital is back only 20 games in

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wes was perfect because he D’s up. Dang Bucks.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mike Scott (33)

:party:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why can’t he stick? He was coming on in his last stint with somebody I recall, the scrubs I think.

Both GR3 and Justin Jackson would be decent here. No reason for them to be out of the NBA.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Soooo.......does this force Nate's hand in playing Jalen? (Even spot minutes). He did say he'll play with more injuries.

You know the answer to this. Nope.  No need because Jalen is a four and our 4 rotation still has John and Gallo.

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You know the answer to this. Nope.  No need because Jalen is a four and our 4 rotation still has John and Gallo.

Yeah, the problem is Jalen can't play team defense.  I feel like him and Cooper should be in College Park spamming PnRs together and working on their defense.  If they can build chemistry together our bench rotations will stay nice the next couple years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Always liked dude even if his shot was dead.  Injuries ruined him, there’s always a spot on any roster for .516 eFG shooters with great size, length, and a career 106 defensive rating.  

I thought Doumbaya was pretty decent until I looked at his numbers like nah.

Always liked Aminu and Illy too but they’re both seemingly cooked.  Tolliver need to sit down somewhere.  He look like he’d buy a struggling Nissan dealership.

Edited by benhillboy

I was listening to the Athletic NBA Show Podcast this morning.  They only mentioned the Hawks for like 10 seconds and believe we will make the playoffs. 

HOWEVER, one of the hosts said that LUKA is putting up MVP type numbers!  Okay, but when Trae puts up those numbers on better efficiency, he's not in the MVP conversation?  They can't stop pushing their agenda. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I was listening to the Athletic NBA Show Podcast this morning.  They only mentioned the Hawks for like 10 seconds and believe we will make the playoffs. 

HOWEVER, one of the hosts said that LUKA is putting up MVP type numbers!  Okay, but when Trae puts up those numbers on better efficiency, he's not in the MVP conversation?  They can't stop pushing their agenda. 

lol seriously, Trae's stats are better, better efficiency, better record, and he's played in more games.  He has us at #2 best offense in the country... but for me, I don't even care if Trae is all over the media with how well he's playing, it's more so that Luka doesn't really deserve the credit he's getting for playing just above average.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol seriously, Trae's stats are better, better efficiency, better record, and he's played in more games.  He has us at #2 best offense in the country... but for me, I don't even care if Trae is all over the media with how well he's playing, it's more so that Luka doesn't really deserve the credit he's getting for playing just above average.

That's where I'm at.  They just want to heap praise on him because of their previous prognostications. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

If we are forced to go that deep into the bench, I feel like we might as well just give JJ burn.  Last night's rotations weren't terrible and if we get even just one of Cam/Hunter/OO/Bogi back I doubt we'll need to give that roster spot minutes.

JJ may be "raw" but he is a better player than a lot of young guys that are getting minutes right now. He is more than capable of being a reserve for us. You never know when we may have an emergency injury or foul trouble. He should definitely be around as an option.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, the problem is Jalen can't play team defense.  I feel like him and Cooper should be in College Park spamming PnRs together and working on their defense.  If they can build chemistry together our bench rotations will stay nice the next couple years.

You know I've been thinking about this - yes his team defense may suck, but he could provide a lift in areas where may be struggling - like scoring 9 points in a quarter?

I'm not saying give him a plethora of minutes - spot minutes, if he plays well enough give him a little more. Give him the Nathan Knight role - he may hit a few shots, a chase down block here, a weak side block there - just see if he gives a positive contribution.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But Solo has subbed in at the 4, play Gallo at the 3.

Who is Gallo guarding at the three?  I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to force Jalen into a role the coaches have determined he isn't ready for. 

He could surprise us and excel, but to me the chances of that are very unlikely.  We don't need help on the offensive end, we need to find someone who plays average defense at worst.  TLC handles that role and when Cam gets back he should help with that too. 

During rebuilding years, I'm all for getting rookies their playing time, but we are in a fight for our lives for playoff position.  Shorten the rotation if you have to, but we need to make sure this defense improves. 

Also, OO will be back in the next couple of weeks.  I don't see a reason for Jalen to have PT then.