• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Brogdan (can't be traded for during the season), Turner or Sabonis (this is tougher).

No idea who I would give up, but a man could wish.

Id take Turner..Our spacing would be insane....

Sabonis is a bad fit imo, as he cant shoot or play defense...You kinda have to gear your team around him because of his playstyle...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Tolliver need to sit down somewhere.  He look like he’d buy a struggling Nissan dealership.

This is one of the best takes I have seen in awhile as I continue to lurk the Squawk lol. I’d love to see the cheaply produced commercials with him too.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who do you want and what would you give up?

Spud will give up Solo, Mays, bag of practice balls, 3 second round picks for all 3.  😛

• Haha 3

Makes Turner may be the most overrated, no-impact player in the league.

"Bbbbut he blocks 3 shots a game and hits 3s, kg!"

And?  Whys he always on the trade block then?  Whys his team always fighting to be a middle/low tier team?

On top of that, his family is allegedly meddlesome.  Allegedly.  No interest, whatsoever. 

He's NBA pyrite, folks.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1

I'm watching Nets vs Mavs.  I'm not one to fat shame, but Luka is huge.  Stories are out that he's over 260 pounds.  Zion has been taking a lot of flack for not being in shape, but dude is injured.  What's Luka's excuse and I'm glad Reggie Miller mentioned that if Luka wants to be his best version he needs to be in the best shape.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm watching Nets vs Mavs.  I'm not one to fat shame, but Luka is huge.  Stories are out that he's over 260 pounds.  Zion has been taking a lot of flack for not being in shape, but dude is injured.  What's Luka's excuse and I'm glad Reggie Miller mentioned that if Luka wants to be his best version he needs to be in the best shape.

Capela and Collins should feast inside vs the Nets....And Trae should be able to get anywhere he wants to. I expect a lot of lobs on Friday........I thought I heard they had an improved defense?  Mavs are getting any shot they want tonight.....And yeah Luka looks a little chunky.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I honestly thought Turner three years ago was going to be a dominant big and be like a poor man's Embiid. But @kg01 is right. There's the box score and highlight videos you can watch on Turner and be like WOW! he can block shots AND his three's as a legit center OR....you watch the full games and see how little impact he has in games. We would give up Capela to get him I'm assuming and despite Clint's faults he still has more impact than Turner especially on defense.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, marco102 said:

"The great one" is huge.  He is supposed to be better than Cam Reddish and Trae Young combined.  I couldn't see that last night.  He's not even the best player on his team.  Their center is a better player and I would take him first if I were choosing.

:hi:

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, marco102 said:

People will argue he's still good despite it, but the weight is a precursor to injury.

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Blah, blah, blah ... But @kg01 is right. Yack, yack, yack .....

This is what I heard.

Seriously though, I'd take Turner in addition to Capela.  Certainly wouldn't take him instead of Capela.  And that's even with his ham-fisted layup'ing.  I mean, really.  Guy shoots layups like he's doin' it with his feet.  The heyul?  I'd rather he miss dunks every time tryna be aggressive.

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae calls out Kirschner on his unprofessionalism

LOL.   Yeah Trae and Chris had a slight issue earlier in the weak when Chris asked him why he missed some long 3s early in the shot clock.  Lots of folks on twitter went after him for such a dumb question and Trae kind of brushed it off but you could tell it didn't sit well.   Chris has the 'I'm here to ask the tough questions' attitude but the question imo was just moronic.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

LOL.   Yeah Trae and Chris had a slight issue earlier in the weak when Chris asked him why he missed some long 3s early in the shot clock.  Lots of folks on twitter went after him for such a dumb question and Trae kind of brushed it off but you could tell it didn't sit well.   Chris has the 'I'm here to ask the tough questions' attitude but the question imo was just moronic.   

The problem is he has no tact when asking those questions and doesn't know how to build actual relationships with the players to get the good will to ask it.  He just constantly has skeptical and negative takes on the team and then tries to go Tom Brokaw on Trae in post game pressers after losses.  The implication of the question was clear that he feels Trae threw the game

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Looks like Trae and Chris have beef. 

Chris probably said something in an article Trae didn't like. The truth is as a journalist , if athletes like you all the time you're probably not doing your job. Sometimes you have to criticize. I think he's generally pretty fair.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It was a legit question and I don't understand why everyone was so defensive about it.  Trae was making some bad decisions.  When you have John and Kevin hot, why are you hoisting up a shot with 16 seconds on the clock and not moving the ball for the best shot. 

Chris does stir some controversy, but I don't like the pile on for him doing his job.  

However, what Chris said to that potential subscriber was unprofessional and Trae should have called him out.  However, it's Chris fight or flight response because he's been taking so much heat lately. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The problem is he has no tact when asking those questions and doesn't know how to build actual relationships with the players to get the good will to ask it.  He just constantly has skeptical and negative takes on the team and then tries to go Tom Brokaw on Trae in post game pressers after losses.  The implication of the question was clear that he feels Trae threw the game

Come on. Are you really gonna cry for Trae because the media has to gall to ask him a tough question or criticize certain aspects of his game when warranted? If he played in NY or Philly he would get way more of that. I think Trae is making a mistake by going after him, you have to pick your battles and going after media isn't worth it unless they are crossing the line with personal stuff.