• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting or not that only Mays has been recalled? Practice body?

Skyhawks have another game on Tuesday, maybe Coop and JJ will be back after this game?

We need help on the wings and I guess Mays is our best in-house option at the moment. But JJ is apparently ill so that could have something to do with it, IDK. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

We absolutely need Bogi... he's become a decent defender and having a wing who can dribble without turning it over is a necessity.  Kevin can do this because he knows his limits but he's very limited.  We need to run more Wright/Trae backcourts.

I love Lou as a person and respect him as a player but we're not going to win games fielding him for any amount of significant minutes.  Same goes for Solo.  TLC didn't play well Saturday but I feel like he CAN play well, and he's not afraid to shoot open 3s.  His defense is underrated as well

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

We absolutely need Bogi... he's become a decent defender and having a wing who can dribble without turning it over is a necessity.  Kevin can do this because he knows his limits but he's very limited.  We need to run more Wright/Trae backcourts.

I love Lou as a person and respect him as a player but we're not going to win games fielding him for any amount of significant minutes.  Same goes for Solo.  TLC didn't play well Saturday but I feel like he CAN play well, and he's not afraid to shoot open 3s.  His defense is underrated as well

Kevin is a better at dribbling and getting to his spots than Bogi imo. Bogi is a great off ball mover though and Kevin is improving on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TLC was a starter for Brooklyn last year before the Harden trade. Not saying we should start him, but expanding his role should not be a scary proposition.

I like Mays coming back up, he gives us some good offense, isn't afraid to attack the basket and get to the line, and can function as a ball handler as well.

I know Nate loves to keep his rotations in tack not to disrupt the chemistry, but I would totally shuffle some things around to help us balance the lineups out. Wright would get the starting nod in place of Bogi for me. He gives you the secondary creator/ball handler option that you had with Bogi, obviously is a good defender at the point of attack to take on the best guard. And I believe that his offense will come around playing next to the starters. He becomes the 5th option, the guy that will be left wide open. He can knock down open shots historically, this may boost his shooting.

Off the bench, its not pretty but I like Williams, Mays and TLC as a unit until Cam returns. Mays gives you the option so that you don't NEED Lou to be PG offensively. Mays can spread the ball around as well as knock down open shots. He has never played scared since day 1. He attacks the basket and doesn't just settle for jump shots, which we always could use more of if you ask me. That gives you 2 shot makers and a primary defender in TLC on the wing off the bench.

Also, I know we are short on bigs but do ya'll remember how effective that Gallo-JC- Clint lineup was in the playoffs? What if we used more of that while Cam is out and gave Jalen some more minutes as supplement? Just a thought

• Like 2

Trae Young has entered the top-10 in the NBA in PER with a mark of 25.3 while Nikola Jokic continues to hold the top slot at 35.1.

NBA PER (Week 6)
1. Nikola Jokic: 35.1
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo: 31.4
3. Jimmy Butler: 27.9
4. Stephen Curry: 27.8
5. Montrezl Harrell: 27.6
6. Kevin Durant: 27.1
7. Joel Embiid: 25.7
8. Trae Young: 25.3
9. Anthony Davis: 25.1
10. Ja Morant: 24.8
11. Rudy Gobert: 24.8