• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

The best part will be if the Mavs lose after Luka returns you'll have some big ammo to continue the trolling.

Both Morant and Luka obviously make their teams better but their teams' performance without them sure does speak to the depth and talent outside of those stars.  Going 2-1 against Utah is legit impressive for Dallas.  Brunson and Kleber have been pretty great but it has truly been a collective effort.  (Notice I didn't mention Dinwiddie as being great since his 20 ppg is driven by FGA and FTA, not efficient scoring).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I have to ask this. We need to talk about it since I know the Hawks FO has been talking to the Jazz about Gobert. Gobert literally disappears in the playoffs. You guys knock KAT if you want but KAT isn't out there winning DPOY award year after year after year and just disappear on defense like Gobert does. 

Gobert would help our regular season win totals but what about the playoffs? What are Gobert's career playoff numbers? Has Utah even made out of the second round with him?

Some thoughts:

People use playoff results to both write off good players and overpay for mediocre players.  "Don't sign DeRozan, he always folds when it counts."

Gobert hasn't played with Trae yet.  Could be a lethal screen and roll combo that no team can answer.  

He might be the most impactful player available.  We could get another no defense all offense player, but that doesn't help us as much.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Soth you know you're my guy, right?  So don't take this call-out personally buuuut...

I didn't watch that game, so I had no idea how egregious your premature Nique-ism was.  I mean what TF was MIN doing?  I guess you have to give them some credit for almost winning a game where Towns didn't play but still.

I mean, there was a 'Towns' in the boxscore but he had that bigtime triple-single goin', so I figured that was Otis Towns or somebody.

Since you didn't watch the game  you missed KAT making the right reads and getting the ball out to wide open shooters who just missed shots. I like DLO but he has some of that Westbrook in him where he wants to shoot too  much versus getting the ball to KAT to let him get his shots. KAT did not play poorly. He hardly shot the ball because he was passing out to guys who were wide open.

I hope they will tell him to be more selfish and to still take his shots.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Meanwhile… 

Wut? I’m tryin to have some fun! :indifferent:

💣 incoming Texaschick! 

E9FF7AC8-5A91-4888-A8CE-F7D99A1DB6BF.png

I was just about to post the 'kitti enough internet gif' and drag you outta that cesspool....but alas as expected 🔒 :laugh1:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like Borrego got a lot out of that team though.   I don't think coach was the problem.

I guess they couldn't stomach the manner in which they lost their play-out games.

I thought he did a good job, overall but you can't deny they got molly-whopped by teams that may/may not be all that much better than them.  They weren't even competitive.

Yes, I mainly just wanted to use 'molly-whopp' in a sentence.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I guess they couldn't stomach the manner in which they lost their play-out games.

I thought he did a good job, overall but you can't deny they got molly-whopped by teams that may/may not be all that much better than them.  They weren't even competitive.

Yes, I mainly just wanted to use 'molly-whopp' in a sentence.

It's true they got mw'd but i think Hawks and Nets are a lot better than them.  I think their roster way overachieved this season.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like Borrego got a lot out of that team though.   I don't think coach was the problem.

Blowout Play-in games 2 years in a row will do that.

The main thing is Gordon Hayward in street clothes and a real center.

• Like 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's true they got mw'd but i think Hawks and Nets are a lot better than them.  I think their roster way overachieved this season.  

I could see them regressing firmly into the lottery next year - especially if Hayward is out for most of the year like he was for those playoff games.  Will be interesting.  I'm not a big believer in Miles Bridges as a real star.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sothron said:

I have to ask this. We need to talk about it since I know the Hawks FO has been talking to the Jazz about Gobert. Gobert literally disappears in the playoffs. You guys knock KAT if you want but KAT isn't out there winning DPOY award year after year after year and just disappear on defense like Gobert does. 

Gobert would help our regular season win totals but what about the playoffs? What are Gobert's career playoff numbers? Has Utah even made out of the second round with him?

I'd add, that the Jazz literally ignore him when he has his man sealed.  Like maybe I'm just used to watching Trae, but Trae would get him so many more points in the playoffs with his passing alone. 

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd add, that the Jazz literally ignore him when he has his man sealed.  Like maybe I'm just used to watching Trae, but Trae would get him so many more points in the playoffs with his passing alone. 

In fairness, Collin Sexton's not a facilitator.  He's really just there to get hizzz.

Ohhh, my bad.  That was a Freudian slip.  I didn't mean to call Monta Ellis, 'Collin Sexton'.  Silly me.

Ohhhh, my bad.  That's another Freudian slip?

🤠

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Sothron said:

What are Gobert's career playoff numbers? 

FWIW:

Regular Season Gobert

12.4 ppg on .671% TS%

11.7 rpg

2.2 bpg

Playoff Gobert

13.3 ppg on .670% TS%

11.2 rpg

1.93 bpg

Pretty consistent.  And Utah has never gotten past the 2nd round with him.  (In the 2nd round, they lost to the eventual champion Warriors; to the #1 seed Rockets; and then last year to the less imposing Clippers [against whom they went 2-2 with PG & Kawhi and then 0-2 against the Clippers without Kawhi]).

• Thanks 4