• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Red Velvet, Ivan the Terrible, Plastic Man, Lemon Pepper Lou, Mount Motumbo.......the list goes on

Well I have a Mutombo jersey from 96, black road. Love Deke. Love Augmon too. Both my top 10 Hawks ever.

Thats tough.. tie. 🏔 Mute and Plastic 👨 

@AHF I’m in the sun ☀️ hyphy but if I record hitting 17 3’s in a row on Instagram can I post it to squawk? Don’t worry I’ll be wearing a bag 💼 or hood on my head and body. I’m ready when called upon. 

Spud was here. 🏀 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF I’m in the sun ☀️ hyphy but if I record hitting 17 3’s in a row on Instagram can I post it to squawk? Don’t worry I’ll be wearing a bag 💼 or hood on my head and body. I’m ready when called upon. 

Spud was here. 🏀 

If you post it on twitter or instagram or whatever out in the public sphere, I don't see any issue with you posting it here.  No posting naked runs through the park to get around the normal content requirements or anything but you are all good (bag, hoodie, or not).  My recollection of your prior pick was that I suggested you not post self-identifying info for your own protection but that it wasn't an absolute ban or anything.  Either way, let those 3's fly and we can all celebrate with you if you want.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

No posting naked runs through the park to get around the normal content requirements or anything but you are all good (bag, hoodie, or not).

No never I’m shy ☺️.. if anything I’d wear a body suite. Thanks! 

image.gif.ae9e02e4e3c0631dbdac82e1f599d803.gif

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

And so the seas continue parting for the sHeet.

This is the easiest path to the ECF since… a while.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Ressler quote from Kirschner's article:

“I think some of the great franchises out there that are performing beautifully have mixed quality young players with quality older players more effectively than maybe we have in the last couple of seasons,” Ressler said.

Another way to put this -- Nate plays old crappy vets over young promising talent, something we have continually complained about.  At least the owner of the franchise acknowledges this even if some fans cannot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The only issue was not incorporating Johnson and Cooper. The core of our team is still very young.

Yes, Nate did not incorporate the only two young players that were optional -- he didn't really have a choice with anyone else.  And where he did have a choice regarding rooks/vets, he played washed Lou Will (statistically one of the worst players in the league last year) instead of Delon Wright for most of the season.

By the way, I have 4 more months to keep complaining about the same couple of things!!  Hoping to see some more versatility from Nate next year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

GSW started 19 year old Jonathan Kuminga in a playoff game tonight.

Nate's an idiot for not finding minutes for our rookies. Didn't prepare them at all. I'm getting pissed off again.

And he was promptly benched to start the second half.

No need in getting upset over something you can't change.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, marco102 said:

No need in getting upset over something you can't change.

I think that logic would mean never getting upset over anything Hawks related because none of us can change any of it.

Trade Trae for Mario West?  Can’t change it.

Nate decides to finally play Sharife but does it by starting him and Lou at PF and C?   Can’t change it.

TS takes Danny Ferry’s repeat of a scouts very flawed take on Deng and adds some John Rocker level stupidity?  Can’t change it.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think that logic would mean never getting upset over anything Hawks related because none of us can change any of it.

Trade Trae for Mario West?  Can’t change it.

Nate decides to finally play Sharife but does it by starting him and Lou at PF and C?   Can’t change it.

TS takes Danny Ferry’s repeat of a scouts very flawed take on Deng and adds some John Rocker level stupidity?  Can’t change it.

Nah my overall arching point is why sit there watching GS and make your self upset over something so inconsequential.

I didn't want to get into all the details of my thoughts, but here you go. JJ was raw as hell and needed time to develop in the G league to develop.  His and Kuminga's situations were not the same.  The Warriors could work Kuminga in because they had a hell of a cushion. Should Nate have played him more?  Sure, but Nate was trying to win as much as he could with the disastrous start we had. 

Just thought it was random to say look Kuminga's playing I'm upset with Nate. 

I didn't want to say that to make it seem like I was throwing Jay under the bus or anything. 

Edited by marco102