• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

8 minutes ago, shakes said:

Bally Sports f-ing sucks!  With their obnoxious sports ticker that takes up 1/4 of the screen.   I've got a $15,000 home theater and you're filling my beautiful TV with a f***ing billboard.

Sports tickers are for cities that are so insecure about their team that they feel like if they don't supply out of town scores they are just going to lose all their viewers.   Meanwhile, big city teams like NY, Boston, Chicago, LA...they don't even have a f-ing sports ticker!

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the sports ticker?

Ballysports is terrible as far as their game production too.  They don't ever show replays anymore.  They are late to come back for interviews and I hate the stupid app.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ballysports is terrible as far as their game production too.  They don't ever show replays anymore.  They are late to come back for interviews and I hate the stupid app.

They love showing replays of lame boxing matches though. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Right now.. this is the order of the top 10 of the East:

Given my druthers, I would like to occupy the spot that gets Cleveland in the first round and Chicago in the 2nd.

So top 8 would be (after playin):

1.  Chicago

2.  Philly

3.  Milwaukee

4.  Cleveland

5.  Atlanta 

6.  Miami

7.  Brooklyn

8.  Charlotte. 

Playoffs:   

Atlanta 4-1 over Cleveland.    Atlanta 4-2 over Chicago.    Atlanta  4-3 over Philly....

Finals Baby...

that means... Chicago def Charlotte...    Milwaukee def Miami. Philly Def Brooklyn and Milwaukee.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Just to clarify. I mean replays of in game tough calls by the refs. 

I'm glad they don't show replays because when they do show replays it is usually at the expense of missing some live action.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shakes said:

I'm glad they don't show replays because when they do show replays it is usually at the expense of missing some live action.

Which is worse.  That or the 3rd quarter interview I KNOW they took during halftime shootaround but, for some reason, they gotta bleed it into game action on split screen rather than just coming back early from commercial to show it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, shakes said:

Bally Sports f-ing sucks!  With their obnoxious sports ticker that takes up 1/4 of the screen.   I've got a $15,000 home theater and you're filling my beautiful TV with a f***ing billboard.

Blah, blah, blah ....

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the sports ticker?

Nah bro, tell us s'more.

And I'm still waiting for my invitation to the Super Bowl par-tay in the shakes casa.

You bring the $15,000 home theater, I'll bring the chips.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47znol23ss3enxupc5woc

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah bro, tell us s'more.

And I'm still waiting for my invitation to the Super Bowl par-tay in the shakes casa.

You bring the $15,000 home theater, I'll bring the chips.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47znol23ss3enxupc5woc

Love to have you over @kg01  Only problem is I don't watch the Super Bowl.   Wasn't exaggerating when i said basketball was the only sport I watch.   That said, I love the Olympics and will be watching 6 hours of that per day over rthe next couple weeks.

You can still come over.  No football, but you can experience being mauled by the Twin Terrors, my two 16 month old yellow lab puppies.  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I read that as heater and pictures you and @shakes cheering on ATL while shivering 🥶 and yelling ICE TRAE DA GAME BOI!!!

:laugh1:

Also I was thinking if that’s some new style express heater? :indifferent:

I want one..

you live in Georgia, you don't need a heater.      Have you ever even shoveled snow in your life?

1 minute ago, shakes said:

you live in Georgia, you don't need a heater.      Have you ever even shoveled snow in your life?

Yes I lived in DC and my unc had a long a$$ driveway, we had to shovel to go to work, like at 7am. I hated it at the time, now I kind of smile thinking about it.

That was 20+ years ago though, why whatchu got fa me?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes I lived in DC and my unc had a long a$$ driveway, we had to shovel to go to work, like at 7am. I hated it at the time, now I kind of smile thinking about it.

That was 20+ years ago though, why whatchu got fa me?

Nothing, I hire a plow guy for the winter.  Learned my lesson years ago when I shoveled my car out of a 50 foot alley with 3 feet of snow on the ground.  That resulted in one of my many back surgeries.  Haven't shoveled since.

• Like 1

Feb 2 practice roundup: https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/atlanta-hawks-news-roundup-practice-injuries-interviews

Cliff Notes:

• Nate talking with Trae while rebounding his FTs. 
  • Speculation of JC and/or Gallo being moved in the next few days. 
  • JC wearing a wristwatch during practice. 
  • Trae states shoulder is still sore (but improving) and that it's too early to say whether or not he'll play against Suns. 

Just thinking out loud here, but...

• If Trae doesn't play against the Suns, the silver lining is it could help TS better determine if any moves need to be made (such as another playmaker) before the trade deadline.
  • Wonder what Trae and Nate were discussing, considering there could potentially be major roster changes soon.
  • Is JC wearing a wristwatch or a smartwatch? If a smartwatch, does he always wear that during practice? If not, could it be deadline related so he gets alerted if/when something happens?

If Trae is out for additional games... I hope Nate starts Mays or even Cooper... Delon should continue to come off the bench... There's a chemistry with him, Bogi, Gallo, Lou & OO that doesn't need to be tampered with!!!!

Come on Nate....Think!!!!!

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Right now.. this is the order of the top 10 of the East:

Given my druthers, I would like to occupy the spot that gets Cleveland in the first round and Chicago in the 2nd.

So top 8 would be (after playin):

1.  Chicago

2.  Philly

3.  Milwaukee

4.  Cleveland

5.  Atlanta 

6.  Miami

7.  Brooklyn

8.  Charlotte. 

There are roughly 30 or so games left for all teams in the East.  We are roughly 7 games back of 5th place. All of those teams are playing well right now except for Brooklyn. We would not only have to get hot again and stay hot, but you are looking for Miami to fall off of a cliff in order for us to pass them.

I think 6th is our ceiling only because of the hole we put ourselves in to. And that's assuming the Nets continue to fall far enough that KD's return cannot push them back over us. 

I can see us passing everyone to get to 7th easily. Anything else above that is going to require help from those teams. As in they have to play sub .500 and we have to finish like 25-7 or so.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Nothing, I hire a plow guy for the winter.  Learned my lesson years ago when I shoveled my car out of a 50 foot alley with 3 feet of snow on the ground.  That resulted in one of my many back surgeries.  Haven't shoveled since.

On bball

As much as i want to make it to 6th we really have to play out of our minds to get there.   We've done it before though.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

There are roughly 30 or so games left for all teams in the East.  We are roughly 7 games back of 5th place. All of those teams are playing well right now except for Brooklyn. We would not only have to get hot again and stay hot, but you are looking for Miami to fall off of a cliff in order for us to pass them.

I think 6th is our ceiling only because of the hole we put ourselves in to. And that's assuming the Nets continue to fall far enough that KD's return cannot push them back over us. 

I can see us passing everyone to get to 7th easily. Anything else above that is going to require help from those teams. As in they have to play sub .500 and we have to finish like 25-7 or so.

Diesel's Checklist:

1.  Get hot again - Yep.. we can do that. 

2.  Move up - That's the plan. 

3.  Miami move down - Hmm.  I think this can happen.  They are tough but they keep getting injured.  Chicago has this same problem but as long as their guards are playing, I think they maintain. 

4.  KD's return.  Will be well after the allstar break.  I expect BKLN to keep falling... aside from injury, they have some dysfunction. 

I think that we can make it to 5th.  It will take us getting Hot.. but I feel like our 2nd half should be easier than the first and as long as we stay healthy, we are a very tough team. 

1 hour ago, shakes said:

Love to have you over @kg01  Only problem is I don't watch the Super Bowl.   Wasn't exaggerating when i said basketball was the only sport I watch.   That said, I love the Olympics and will be watching 6 hours of that per day over rthe next couple weeks.

You can still come over.  No football, but you can experience being mauled by the Twin Terrors, my two 16 month old yellow lab puppies.  

I can't lie, I don't watch the NFL either (boring AF).  I'll watch some of the super bowl but I ain't goin' to no super bowl party.  Watch a buncha people sittin' around actin' like that game is exciting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1