• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The last guy I remember having great season by season improvement to this degree was Kawhi Leonard. He didn't become a superstar until year 6.

I'm excited to see what the future holds for JC.

Edit- Forgot about Giannis.

• Like 4

Nice!  And, when our opponent sends two to defend Trae, that leaves the Hawks playing four against three on offense.  Last night they trapped Trae.  That leaves a Hawk with no defender.  Great!

If any one wondered, NO, Hawks are not a one player team.  In fact, the 10 point lead didn't change a lot, regardless of who the Hawks had on the floor.  Ain't winning fun !!

🥰

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

WHERE MY CAM HATERS AT!!!!!

Right here!  Good luck to Cam and all his fans.  It's like getting excited when you win $50 playing lottery scratch offs right now.  You have to believe in his occasional good games vs weeks of bad games.  Seriously hope he has sustained success.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Some nice comments on radio this am.  Scalabrine expects us to be a tough team.  Says we're better than our record, which is depressed due to strength of schedule and all the road games.

Says he thought they did a good job on Trae.  Other guys hit shots.  Is not worried about Trae come playoff time.

On Cam, says he had a monster game.  Thinks he's gonna be a good player.   Isola days he called that when Cam was in college.  Both think he needs to stop taking 3s.  Stop going away from what's working.

Wanted to offer that unbiased opinion on Cam for those who think only homers see something there.

I watched the BOS telecast and Scali had nothing but good things to say about the Hawks all game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shakes said:

I watched the BOS telecast and Scali had nothing but good things to say about the Hawks all game.

Not surprising.  He and Isola have been fans for a while now, which was not originally the case.

Good on them for actually watching play and drawing opinions based on that rather than taking a stance and defending it even when proven wrong.  That's what most eggsperts do nowadays. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shakes said:

I love their show, but I'm not going to give them that much credit.  They were very late to the bandwagon despite what they are saying now.  They both had Knicks in 5 and even the morning after the Hawks won game one they both said Knicks would win that series in 6 games max.

Yeah I guess it's all relative.  Most of these eggsperts still out here acting like Trae is some ref-made anomaly.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Is there a more boring player to watch then Tatum? 

One thing about him I noticed as far a defensive tactics go, he does really make moves to the basket directly, he likes to circle ⭕️ around himself with moves, I think defenders need to let him do his solo dance 💃 and then guard him, that’s like 5-7 seconds off the shot clock lol.

I can’t stand this guy. Ok fine I can stand him he’s not Carmelo but Trae>Tatum.. another thing I said on realgm and was boo’d.

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

One thing about him I noticed as far a defensive tactics go, he does really make moves to the basket directly, he likes to circle ⭕️ around himself with moves, I think defenders need to let him do his solo dance 💃 and then guard him, that’s like 5-7 seconds off the shot clock lol.

I can’t stand this guy. Ok fine I can stand him he’s not Carmelo but Trae>Tatum.. another thing I said on realgm and was boo’d.

That's kinda what I meant when I said watching their games is like watching 3 teams play.  Him, the opponent, and the Selltics.  While he's going through his little dance, both teams are just watchin' and waitin'.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's kinda what I meant when I said watching their games is like watching 3 teams play.  Him, the opponent, and the Selltics.  While he's going through his little dance, both teams are just watchin' and waitin'.

His efficiency is putrid this season.

If you look at his career stats, his most efficient season was his rookie year when he was the number 2 guy to Kyrie. He's not a superstar, he's like AD, a good offensive talent that can't carry his team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aali34 said:

His efficiency is putrid this season.

If you look at his career stats, his most efficient season was his rookie year when he was the number 2 guy to Kyrie. He's not a superstar, he's like AD, a good offensive talent that can't carry his team.

Eggsactly.  Good player, but got way too much credit when they were doing well.  I saw some people giving him the 'potential MVP' treatment in prior years.  He's nowhere near that.

• Like 1