• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No love lost between Hawks players

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There's a difference between losing the team and accusing the coach of intentionally undermining the team. If you think he was a bad coach, that's fine. If you think he was actively trying to destroy Trae, that's absolutely  ridiculous. 

Riddle me this Lloyd.  How do you put a positive spin on Pierce's refusal to publicly respond to Steve Nash's "that's not basketball" comments last year?     We all saw what happened league wide to Trae after that.    what possible "good motives" could Pierce have for leaving his star player out to dry like that while his college teammate dragged him through the mud?

Love to hear you talk your way out of this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, shakes said:

Riddle me this Lloyd.  How do you put a positive spin on Pierce's refusal to publicly respond to Steve Nash's "that's not basketball" comments last year?     We all saw what happened league wide to Trae after that.    what possible "good motives" could Pierce have for leaving his star player out to dry like that while his college teammate dragged him through the mud?

Well you see Jeffrey Dahmer just wanted to bring the homeless men off the street so they didn't freeze to death. It was MUCH BETTER for them to be murdered while warm. At least they didn't freeze to death, right? 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
Just now, shakes said:

He clearly agreed with Nash as he made the same type of comments during the league meetings by going out of his way to call Trae out as a bad actor on this topic.  Normally I'd expect a coach to use other players as his example so I think the fact that LP used Trae and used the word "hate" signals he probably thought Nash was right and wasn't going to go out to the media and lie about it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You can't be serious. I've watched the NBA since 1979. I played Division III college basketball as a starting point guard. My father coached basketball. I have never heard of a coach telling other coaches not to vote for their team's best player for the ASG let alone telling the USA Olympic team to leave Trae off the roster for such SUPERSTARS like Mason f***ing Plumlee. 

You are clearly trolling, a relative of Pierce or a clown. No coach would ever sabotage his OWN PLAYER and think he was doing it for the player's best interests or the team's best interests. Your saying his heart was in the right place is like saying Jeffrey Dahmer's heart was in the right place, he just wanted to give poor homeless men a place to stay in his house. The fact he killed them later had nothing to do with his intentions. GTFOH.

I don't know why you are personally attacking me but that's a violation of board rules and I suggest you stop. I don't know what exactly was said by CLP, but he's a stand up guy I doubt the claims of nefarious behavior have much merit. I never said he didn't deserve to be fired. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

I don't why you are personally attacking me but that's a violation of board rules and I suggest you stop. I don't know what exactly was said by CLP, but he's a stand up guy I doubt the claims of nefarious behavior have much merit. I never said he didn't deserve to be fired. 

I am not attacking you. I honestly think you are trolling because no one, literally no one, could possibly believe what you are typing about Pierce the backstabbing ex coach. He is the farthest thing from a stand up guy. I've seen and played for a coach that was a ball busting mean SOB (not my dad just FYI) and he would never, ever stoop to what Pierce did to Trae. Or call Collins "selfish" for wanting to know what his role was on the team. 

If you think I am attacking you personally then I do apologize. I think you are trying to get a rise out of people with these outlandish posts defending our ex-coach that more than deserved to be fired.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shakes said:

First of all Steve Nash didn't say that.  He made no comments of the like of any kind ...publicly. Lip reading a coach arguing with a ref is not fair game. Coaches argue with refs, that's their job. If Steve Nash had made those remarks at a press conference however, then yes CLP should have defended Trae in that instance.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I don't know why you are personally attacking me but that's a violation of board rules and I suggest you stop. I don't know what exactly was said by CLP, but he's a stand up guy I doubt the claims of nefarious behavior have much merit. I never said he didn't deserve to be fired. 

Mod Cap On

Yeah, let's not turn this into a personal issue.  People can have different interpretations of the facts and that doesn't make them trolling and I don't think this is trolling at all.  

It seems to me that at the end of the day that Peo is skeptical of some of the claims but thinks LP did what he did to teach Trae a lesson and that makes it ok (or at least not nefarious).  

Soth doesn't think there was any such "good" motive while others view blasting your own star player as a betrayal even if for "good reasons."

It is ok for posters to see issues differently.  Let's focus on the facts, interpretations, and gaps in knowledge and leave the characterizations of the individual poster alone.  I.e., respond to the post not the poster. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I am not attacking you. I honestly think you are trolling because no one, literally no one, could possibly believe what you are typing about Pierce the backstabbing ex coach. He is the farthest thing from a stand up guy. I've seen and played for a coach that was a ball busting mean SOB (not my dad just FYI) and he would never, ever stoop to what Pierce did to Trae. Or call Collins "selfish" for wanting to know what his role was on the team. 

If you think I am attacking you personally then I do apologize. I think you are trying to get a rise out of people with these outlandish posts defending our ex-coach that more than deserved to be fired.

On this one, let's just leave out the assessment of whether bleach is trolling or not (i.e., don't worry about poster motive) and just respond to the points (which presumably you think are unsupported as this is what leads you to the conclusion about trying to get a rise out of people).  With that tweak, the thread should move on smoothly and everyone can have their say.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, AHF said:

He clearly agreed with Nash as he made the same type of comments during the league meetings by going out of his way to call Trae out as a bad actor on this topic.  Normally I'd expect a coach to use other players as his example so I think the fact that LP used Trae and used the word "hate" signals he probably thought Nash was right and wasn't going to go out to the media and lie about it.

so he consciously refused to support his star player from an attack from an opposing coach IN BETWEEN back to back games vs the Nets.  And as a result his star player stopped getting calls for a pretty long time which of course greatly affected not just Trae but the entire team including the idiot coach.

So you are basically saying that Lloyd Pierce is the single dumbest moron to ever coach a professional sports team.  Let's his own personal bias get in the way of doing his job properly.   As we all know it is coaching 101 to stick up for your player there.  Doesn't matter if you agree with your player or not.   You stick up for your guy no matter what.   

your comment actually makes Pierce sound even more incompetent at his job than we previously thought.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Calling Pierce a stand up guy should be a violation of board rules.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

No I wasn't. The fire CLP crew was bonkers and a few others. 

Then I cordially apologize for lumping you in.  I could've sworn, in all our battles, that was one thing you and I sparred about.  Don't fret though, we'll lock horns many more times im sure.

1 hour ago, shakes said:

OMG, I just realized what iirc means!  Thanks KG!   If I recall correctly.  Who knew?  Not me.

Haha, there's a couple of those little internet things I dont fully understand either so I won't act like an eggspert. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Good Coaches don’t undermine or collude against their players.

+1000 to this^. I've been around for a while and I've never heard of a coach doing this to their players all the years I've been following sports. There's absolutely no way to normalize or defend this. 

• Like 2

Sometimes I feel like we argue here just for the sake of arguing. There should be no Hawks fan dedicated enough to come to an online message board that still thinks CLP was a good guy for the Hawks. He never stood up for his players in the media and behind the scenes, denied his best players the chance at Team USA even though he knows guys take another leap after having that summer of international basketball, etc. CLP is a good man who did good things outside of basketball, but was a horrible coach for the Atlanta Hawks and I'm glad he's gone.

• Like 3

It’s not LP as a person or even coach. Well maybe the latter but sometimes it’s the chemistry that doesn’t work between two or even multiple parties. I mean that’s how  Elle and I split. We are both hot 🥵 but couldn’t mesh. Isn’t that right Elle?

image.gif.f8eb4a0cb3ad6be1066555f0b8c86b3f.gif

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

FWIW my source confirmed it is true that Pierce told coaches not to vote for Trae to "teach him a lesson" and that Pierce told the US team not to invite Trae to it.

What kind of “lesson” was he trying to teach him?  Pierce is a huge goon.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

LP decided that tough love was the way to go, but that only works if you stand up for your guys against the outside. Like a big brother saying Im the only one allowed to pick on my younger brother. But if you are being a hard ass behind the scenes and letting your guys get dragged then why would they ever trust you? 

This^.

I have nothing against tough love behind the scenes, during games etc., but you go to bat for your players against EVERYONE else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shakes said:

LP didn't respond to Nash's comments, because he agreed with Nash.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...