• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Delon Wright

TRW

• Premium Member

We were sold a bill of goods on this bum.  Every single poster on GB said he was a great pick up and a really solid player.   All I’ve seen all season is a guy who sucks ass.

• Like 2

Wright:  If you read this, please quit passing up open shots and trying to force the ball into a space where it won't fit.  A missed shot is preferable to a certain turnover.  Some of your shots are sure to go in.  Not all of them.  But, some will go in.

When you miss a shot there is a chance of a friendly rebound.  When you create a turnover, all hope of scoring that time down the floor is lost.  I don't know who has made you scared to shoot.  Get over it!

:hi:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It's clear at this point he's a 2 who can guard 1s. 

I thought he'd be fine next to Lou, but the latter's decline was sudden.

Wright fills a role that is pretty minor (defensive guard). Plus, I think you have two guys on the roster who can do that in a pinch in Cam and Mays.

I'd try to move him for a P&R ball handler and just use Lou only when he's hot.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Wright:  If you read this, please quit passing up open shots and trying to force the ball into a space where it won't fit.  A missed shot is preferable to a certain turnover.  Some of your shots are sure to go in.  Not all of them.  But, some will go in.

When you miss a shot there is a chance of a friendly rebound.  When you create a turnover, all hope of scoring that time down the floor is lost.  I don't know who has made you scared to shoot.  Get over it!

He had a few Ben Simmons moments last night.  He just froze at times and passed out of opportunities.  Against G League players. 

I've been saying for a while the emergence of the right starters at the wing is difficult and could be trial and error for a couple years.  Solid and effective backup PG is low hanging fruit that could make a huge impact.  Right now we are dependent on either Gallo, Cam, or Lou to get a hot hand with the second unit.  That's not a reliable formula.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Idk what this GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

I've already covered how his shooting rates are basically all career lows this season and dramatically worse than the last several seasons - both in terms of his willingness to shoot (such as FGA/36 minutes) and his accuracy.  

But every time I look at his numbers it is discouraging in a new way.  His assist rate is the lowest it has been in 5 years.  His turnover rate is the highest of his career by a LARGE margin (18.8% versus career average of 13.1%).

This isn't a case of us being sold a bill of goods on a player who had weaknesses we didn't see as casual fans.  This isn't someone who has regressed because that would imply he is moving towards his career average (maybe after playing over his head the prior season) but these are new lows.  At least Rondo had been on the decline.  Delon's career was moving in the absolute right direction prior to this season.

He is just a shell of what he has been and that is a rare kind of decline at age 29.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2