My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

2 hours ago, shakes said:

do you first have your mommies cut them into bite sized pieces?

No but she did used to dice 🎲 them puppies up with some scrambled eggs 🍳 veggies and a sprinkle of cheese and call it breakfast back in the day. I remember we got the store bought cheap brand too and it was great. Oscar’s Meyer :indifferent: I believe. 

She did have to dive bomber ✈️ with my mash potatoes to get me to eat them when I was like 2 though..

These days I just feed myself.

image.gif.dd14da77da831cab6adaebcfb614e3e1.gif

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
Brooklyn Nets guard Ben Simmons suffered a setback in his attempted return to the court, but there is reportedly “hope and optimism” he will return before the end of the regular season, The Athletic’s Shams Charania said Monday on The Pat McAfee Show (around the 2:30 mark): “He had a flare-up with his back, I’m told, during his ramp-up process and so now he’s going to need to strengthen that back area before he can make his return to the floor,” Charania explained (around the 1:50 mark).

Charania also had an update on Williamson’s outlook for the rest of the 2021-22 season. He doesn’t anticipate the former No. 1 pick playing anytime soon. “I haven’t gotten any sense that Zion Williamson is gonna play this season, and that definitely is alarming,” Charania added.

– via The Spun
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wait.  Someone actually thought Zion was going to play this season?   

Well, David Griffin did promise everyone that "Zion would be back this season".

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Well, David Griffin did promise everyone that "Zion would be back this season".

You know what really pisses me off is Griffin said Zion would play and would be ready for the start of the regular season. I drafted Zion in our Hawksquawk 2 yahoo league as a result. He is still on my roster taking up an IL spot all season. I am still in first place because I drafted like a grandmaster (check my hawksquawk rank!) but I'm still pissed about this. Griffin knew Zion was nowhere near to starting the season and here we are in March and it is obvious he's going to miss the entire season. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You know what really pisses me off is Griffin said Zion would play and would be ready for the start of the regular season. I drafted Zion in our Hawksquawk 2 yahoo league as a result. He is still on my roster taking up an IL spot all season. I am still in first place because I drafted like a grandmaster (check my hawksquawk rank!) but I'm still pissed about this. Griffin knew Zion was nowhere near to starting the season and here we are in March and it is obvious he's going to miss the entire season. 

@kg01 would tell you don't trust Griffin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

that's your fault Sothy.  You didn't listen to Griffin closely as he was lawyering you.  He never said Zion would be ready for the "start" of the regular season.  He said, Zion would be return IN TIME for the regular season.      

And you drafted Zion based on that?  Face it, you've been Griffined.  

Edited by shakes
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, shakes said:

that's your fault Sothy.  You didn't listen to Griffin closely as he was lawyering you.  He never said Zion would be ready for the "start" of the regular season.  He said, Zion would be return IN TIME for the regular season.      

School 'em, shakes.

I'm paid to recognize bullsh*t, which is why I don't trust any word coming out of that guy's mouth.  NOP will be better off once they get rid of him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, shakes said:

Can't I get a little sympathy here? I mean I am the injured party here.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

And you have to go next level.  Did he specify which regular season?  He might not return this year but he will return in time for the regular season (the 2022-23 season).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

"Well, I did get a fantastic deal on some beachfront property in Topeka so....." - soth

That was BEFORE the season when I drafted him 😛   Everyone thought he would play at some point this season.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

That was BEFORE the season when I drafted him 😛   Everyone thought he would play at some point this season.

13 years ago.  A wide-eyed kg was driving north through Alabama.... on some rando highway, not an interstate.

He saw a billboard that read "Popeye's 2.4 mi ... blah, blah .. buffet"

He said aloud, "They got Popeye's buffet over here?  Dayum."

Then a strange thought went across his eager mind, "Zion got no chance."

13 years ago.

I had no idea what that phrase meant until ....

Fast forward 12.5 years into the future, and kg told ya'll as soon as that dumb arse "update" came across David Griffin's lips that Zion was not going to play this year.

Remember your past premonitions lest your future recollections are doomed. (huh?)

This has been a true story ... or truly a story.

I really did see a Popeyes buffet 13 years ago.  The rest .... is up for interpretation.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

13 years ago.  A wide-eyed kg was driving north through Alabama.... on some rando highway, not an interstate.

He saw a billboard that read "Popeye's 2.4 mi ... blah, blah .. buffet"

He said aloud, "They got Popeye's buffet over here?  Dayum."

Then a strange thought went across his eager mind, "Zion got no chance."

13 years ago.

I had no idea what that phrase meant until ....

Fast forward 12.5 years into the future, and kg told ya'll as soon as that dumb arse "update" came across David Griffin's lips that Zion was not going to play this year.

Remember your past premonitions lest your future recollections are doomed. (huh?)

This has been a true story ... or truly a story.

I really did see a Popeyes buffet 13 years ago.  The rest .... is up for interpretation.

No joke: I had a dream last night where the Hawks traded for Zion and we gave up JC, Bogi and some firsts to make it happen. I can't remember what else we got besides Zion. Everyone was up in arms on the Squawk but as the dream played out it was a great thing for us. Trae and Zion had a threepeat world championship going and we were debating on the Squawk if we got a fourth straight world championship would that make those Hawks the best team ever outside the 60's Celtics.

My alarm woke me up before I got to see if we got the fourth straight or not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No joke: I had a dream last night where the Hawks traded for Zion and we gave up JC, Bogi and some firsts to make it happen. I can't remember what else we got besides Zion. Everyone was up in arms on the Squawk but as the dream played out it was a great thing for us. Trae and Zion had a threepeat world championship going and we were debating on the Squawk if we got a fourth straight world championship would that make those Hawks the best team ever outside the 60's Celtics.

My alarm woke me up before I got to see if we got the fourth straight or not. 

9AU3Qq.gif

Wake UP!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

And you have to go next level.  Did he specify which regular season?  He might not return this year but he will return in time for the regular season (the 2022-23 season).

good point.  Would've been awesome if Griff said "a regular season"  instead of "the regular season".   

And I might need to go back and look at the quote.  Did Griff even specify he was talking about the NBA's regular season?