• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks locker room is not healthy after "quiet" trade deadline

Sothron

I mean, I see tons of critique of white players here, and Im biracial since it seems its implied if someone says what your saying is potentially true based on what your hearing, but we literally very easily find critique on all these on squawk, I would argue Huerter has been getting crucified especially lately, I hear an entire monologue on this guy on the radio today. 

Good for Clint on stepping up and seeing the big picture, I can see everyones POV on why they are upset, It all makes sense, but Clint is right, the younger guys are going to be a little more self centered its apart of being a professional - we all went through this in our 20s I would imagine, if we went on to be successful in our careers, their is a time where it kinda clicks. 

Edited by hylndr11
  • Like 3

Who is saying this stuff? I mean Deandre Hunter does not seem like the type to air grievances, he barely even talks. Kevin would wash the ocean floor if the team asked him to.  Gallo is a pro's pro that has been on numerous teams, he is not a drama starter. Capella might say things, but they are always professional and well intentioned. Primary beef is probably between Trae and John, who both have somewhat strong personalities. Lobbying for a Ben Simmons trade with management was a sure way to alienate an important teammate. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Who is saying this stuff?

If I had to guess, it's the ancillary staff... the equipment guys... the trainer guys... maybe even custodians... people with access and who aren't all that tight lipped.

• Like 3

DAMN!

I knew something was up. That was a lot to take in. Lots of thoughts running through my mind after reading that so I will keep my points short as possible from a fan perspective.

1)  While I believe most true NBA stars are cocky, it kinda hurts to hear that our only superstar since Nique….Trae Young is cocky in the locker room spitting out his stats to his own teammates. As a big fan of the hawks and my favorite player being Ice Trae that part really upsets me that he throws his elite offensive weight around the locker room!….he’s a generational offensive talent but he’s not going to get far on any team if he’s cocky inside the locker room towards his own team….UNLESS we don’t know the full story and this is a self defense reasoning from Trae then I kinda understand why he’s doing it I guess. He’s young and excited still and it just hasn’t clicked yet that his stats will not generate wins alone.

2)   I should stay away from this one but I can’t. Ok I will admit it ….Many including myself has always given white players a pass on defense due to the widely false narrative that white players can’t defend. But I’m mature and grown now. I know This isn’t true at all and we’ve seen players like Divencio and the kid from Chicago (can’t think of his name ) defend at a very high level …

Typically in the NBA and NFL we see more black athleticism  then we do white athleticism throughout all these years, so unfortunately it’s apart of the narrative and its hunted both sports for a long time! That’s why Cooper Kupp on the LA Rams stick out so much. We aren’t use to a white WR being a top 3 WR in the nfl…we are use to white WRs being like a Wes Welker…again it’s the narrative of these sports that we’ve heard for so long that were never true.….

If JC, Hunter, Capela are truly mad at this and even Trae…..I do see why they’d be upset because ALL players should be held accountable. I’ve been preaching this for at least the last 2 months but you can’t blame the defensive woes on one person on this team that’s just crazy.

3)  I knew former players and writers read the squawk and hawks Reddit….I say that to say hey I’m honored if you’re a former player, coach, beat writer, FO member or current player, coach, beat writer, FO member  reading my comments ….that’s dope! 

4)  Back to Trae…i love that Trae takes that Kobe approach and screams get me some damn help!… I know some will find that negative but shit also staying quiet don’t get you any help….did not work for Joe Johnson, Horford, Millsap…so personally I think it’s good he ask for help and demands it! Good! Keep the front office on their toes…it took the hawks decades to get another star and Trae knows it so I’m not surprised he has a little power. Sucks we aren’t more of a historic franchise cause if we were say the lakers or Boston that shit wouldn’t work but hey this is the ATL home of very few stars in our franchise from an NBA perspective…..with that said he need to chill on showing his power towards his teammates! That will backfire in a heartbeat! He don’t want the harden reputation. He wants to be known as winner but doing that towards your team won’t get that done.

5)  Trae, Collins, Bogi have arrogant strong personalities …this wasn’t shocking honestly but we see it with Trae more because he’s public with it on the court which I think is dope (the kid is entertaining…don’t care if you don’t like it). I don’t mind arrogant players…my favorite player of all time Kobe Bean Bryant was arrogant and I loved it. But what I don’t like is when you’re arrogant and naive. Trae in my opinion is not naive about his lack of defense he knows that dark cloud has been over his head probably since his HIgh School days and he ain’t crazy, he knows he need to improve on that end…but Bogi and JC are arrogant and naive in my opinion  …Bogi and JC are not as good as they think they are offensively and if they were there wouldn’t be any need of an additional scorer/playmaker but there is because those two are limited offensively.

6)  EGOs….it’s good to check Egos and not run away from it.  I believe if Smart or Draymond was on this team Trae would feed off of that even if he barked with him a lot during practice. One thing I can’t stand in this generation are those with no thick skin and thinking they have to like everyone they work with! Sometimes you don’t have a choice and sometimes it’s best you work with someone you don’t necessarily like.

You can’t have a player with an ego like Traes and expect things to go well all the time especially if there’s no pusher on the other side. Curry, Klay, & Draymond all have egos but they use it to challenge each other and put their differences aside when it’s game time. 

Schlenk cannot make everything comfortable for Trae or any of the other players. We need a Marcus Smart type player in the locker room that demand respect and results just as much as Trae does.

• Like 2

This is usually par the course for a young team. It can make the Hawks better or it can make them worse. I don’t have a problem with Trae wanting another superstar here at the expense of some of his teammates. That’s usually what stars ask for.  No real comment necessary on JC. While we all like JC no one is going to miss him if he’s traded. Bogi can go because he like some of his teammates are inconsistent and sucks on defense. If the rest of the players don’t like what Trae did then they need to step up and play better consistently. As far as I'm concerned the whole team minus Trae and OO can go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Oh well. Trade everyone if they refuse to play defense. 

They seemed to play better tonight or maybe they were carried by Trae?

The defense still didnt look good tbh...

• Like 1