• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I don't see how the Rockets expect to get anything for Eric Gordon with another year after this left at $20 million.  

Not much love around here for Bogi?  He's our best wing right now.  I know we have high hopes for Kev, Cam, and Hunter but they aren't there yet in terms of consistency or health.   Bogi has been hurt twice in two years but comes back quicker than any of them.   If you ship out Bogi then we have to have an upgrade at the 2.   

To me Bogi is our only hope at the wing.  He's been a disappointment so far, but at least historically he's shown he can be a consistent major threat over long periods. 

Cam is the darling that everyone projects to be THE guy, but he is shooting 41% with a -7.5 net rating, the lowest net rating of ALL of our rotation players.  I am much more interested in seeing what Hunter can bring when he gets back.  Huerter is more consistent, but his ceiling seems limited.  Maybe Huerter can improve more than we expect.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

To me Bogi is our only hope at the wing.  He's been a disappointment so far, but at least historically he's shown he can be a consistent major threat over long periods. 

Cam is the darling that everyone projects to be THE guy, but he is shooting 41% with a -7.5 net rating, the lowest net rating of ALL of our rotation players.  I am much more interested in seeing what Hunter can bring when he gets back.  Huerter is more consistent, but his ceiling seems limited.  Maybe Huerter can improve more than we expect.  

Maybe.  But what's Kev's ceiling?  Is it Bogi basically?

Cam and Hunter have had tough luck but we can't pretend that they are what we hope they become.  Looks like this season is a good chance for Cam to break out though. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

So 22 year olds don't show improvement?

We know you don't like our young wings but to make this one sided argument like he is not improving and not consider how early he is in his development is disingenuous.

He is a league average player right now. Previous years he was one of the worst young players in the NBA as far as efficiency. Not sure why you want to write off young players before they even reach 25. A players prime starts around 26 or 27.

• Like 1

Yeah, Kev’s ceiling is probably not discussed enough.  That game 7 where he consistently abused Seth Curry is a good example of what he could become.  The guy who punishes a weaker defender because they don’t want Trae to have the ball.

Cam has been MUCH better.  The catch and shoot numbers are good, and he might be figuring out how to finish drives.  Still need to see more.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So 22 year olds don't show improvement?

We know you don't like our young wings but to make this one sided argument like he is not improving and not consider how early he is in his development is disingenuous.

He is a league average player right now. Previous years he was one of the worst young players in the NBA as far as efficiency. Not sure why you want to write off young players before they even reach 25. A players prime starts around 26 or 27.

Main reason I have less hope for Cam is it’s hard to find someone who started off with numbers like him, and has gone on to be an all NBA type player.  He’s played a lot of minutes when healthy, too.  

I think NorthCyde made a good case for an 18 ppg ceiling.  I’m looking for Trae to find his Malone or Shaq.  Projecting a 41% FG and -7.5 net rating player for that role is too unrealistic in my view.  Why does that opinion bother you so much?  

Edited by Final_quest

• Moderators

I think Cam's journey is very unique and can explain a lot of his struggles.   I'm very high on him but I also don't want a wing rotation of Cam/Kev/Hunter/Mays or Lou this season given the inconsistencies and trouble getting on the court.   

I think he's going to be a great player in the league though.   Shawn Marion with a respectable jumper.

27 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Main reason I have less hope for Cam is it’s hard to find someone who started off with numbers like him, and has gone on to be an all NBA type player.  He’s played a lot of minutes when healthy, too.  

I think NorthCyde made a good case for an 18 ppg ceiling.  I’m looking for Trae to find his Malone or Shaq.  Projecting a 41% FG and -7.5 net rating player for that role is too unrealistic in my view.  Why does that opinion bother you so much?  

Because you aren't adding context. Consider injuries, shortened seasons and games played. He has improved his field goal percentage 4.6% from his second to third year. How many players have done that? It is more to it than the -7.5 too. Who is he playing with at the time. Is he turning the ball over? Is he allowing people to score on him at will? 

You just seem to say all the negatives about the young wings because you want to trade them for someone you can never name. Give them time to prove they are always going to be injured and not improve.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Because you aren't adding context. Consider injuries, shortened seasons and games played. He has improved his field goal percentage 4.6% from his second to third year. How many players have done that? It is more to it than the -7.5 too. Who is he playing with at the time. Is he turning the ball over? Is he allowing people to score on him at will? 

You just seem to say all the negatives about the young wings because you want to trade them for someone you can never name. Give them time to prove they are always going to be injured and not improve.

I have said positive things about Cam.  He needs to perform better over a longer period to earn explaining poor results with context.  He had a poor net rating the past two seasons.  Poor shooting and turnovers previously.  It’s hard to find all stars who started with numbers like Cam.  You are asking me to project him as an all star anyways.  

I think the Cam fans believe his reality is only his best moments.  If you ignore his overall numbers, and only believe his highlight reel, you would come to some of the insane conclusions people make.  To me the numbers say nothing extraordinary, and the agenda is forcing people to only look at highlights to make a conclusion.  

14 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I have said positive things about Cam.  He needs to perform better over a longer period to earn explaining poor results with context.  He had a poor net rating the past two seasons.  Poor shooting and turnovers previously.  It’s hard to find all stars who started with numbers like Cam.  You are asking me to project him as an all star anyways.  

I think the Cam fans believe his reality is only his best moments.  If you ignore his overall numbers, and only believe his highlight reel, you would come to some of the insane conclusions people make.  To me the numbers say nothing extraordinary, and the agenda is forcing people to only look at highlights to make a conclusion.  

How can he peform better over a longer period of time if you ship him out?  Where did I say he'd be an All Star?  Please don't say what a few people have said into this discussion. I said be patient to see what he is!  That's it. He's showing improvement. I don't know what he will be, but I sure want to take a little more time to see his development before trading him. 

Do you think he'll be 39% shooter and 32.% from three his entire career? That's what the stats say he is and if that's the case he shouldn't be getting any NBA minutes.  Again, it's not simply looking at the stats and saying on blah blah this is how it will project.  Development isn't linear for all players. 

He doesn't have to be an all star  on his rookie contract to keep him.

Edit: You have given Cam some back handed compliments. 

Also, you're always projecting stats. Is a 112 NBA games enough to project what someone is?  That's an extremely small sample size when considering the other extenuating circumstances he's faced with injuries and covid shortened seasons and protocols limiting summer training. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Yeah, Kev’s ceiling is probably not discussed enough.  That game 7 where he consistently abused Seth Curry is a good example of what he could become.  The guy who punishes a weaker defender because they don’t want Trae to have the ball.

Cam has been MUCH better.  The catch and shoot numbers are good, and he might be figuring out how to finish drives.  Still need to see more.  

I didn't see this post.  This is what I'm saying. Just want to give him more time for development instead of thinking this is what he is. 

It very well could be, but I want a bigger sample size than 112 games.

I'm also a Huerter stan.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I didn't see this post.  This is what I'm saying. Just want to give him more time for development instead of thinking this is what he is. 

It very well could be, but I want a bigger sample size than 112 games.

I'm also a Huerter stan.  

Cam will get plenty of shots these next couple games. Let's hope he makes the most of it.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

How can he peform better over a longer period of time if you ship him out?  Where did I say he'd be an All Star?  Please don't say what a few people have said into this discussion. I said be patient to see what he is!  That's it. He's showing improvement. I don't know what he will be, but I sure want to take a little more time to see his development before trading him. 

Do you think he'll be 39% shooter and 32.% from three his entire career? That's what the stats say he is and if that's the case he shouldn't be getting any NBA minutes.  Again, it's not simply looking at the stats and saying on blah blah this is how it will project.  Development isn't linear for all players. 

He doesn't have to be an all star  on his rookie contract to keep him.

Edit: You have given Cam some back handed compliments. 

Also, you're always projecting stats. Is a 112 NBA games enough to project what someone is?  That's an extremely small sample size when considering the other extenuating circumstances he's faced with injuries and covid shortened seasons and protocols limiting summer training. 

Reddish gives me head case vibes.  I think he will be inconsistent.  He does have upside, but this is the NBA.  There's a lot of talented players that can't quite put it together.  That's what I see for Cam.  

I'm not stopping you from believing anything you want.  Enjoy being a Cam fan.  

• Premium Member

at this point the only path I see for this team to a title is if Cam becomes our clear second best player on the team.   He's the only player with a high enough ceiling to be that guy on a championship team.   If we ever get to the point where Cam is our second best player, JC #3 and Hunter #4 we will have a title contender.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Reddish gives me head case vibes.  I think he will be inconsistent.  He does have upside, but this is the NBA.  There's a lot of talented players that can't quite put it together.  That's what I see for Cam.  

I'm not stopping you from believing anything you want.  Enjoy being a Cam fan.  

Cam was better than Jaylen Brown last night..lol

I'm still willing to let things play out with Cam his upside is pretty high.

Also needs to improve his efficiency from 2. The three has come around so far this season.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Cam was better than Jaylen Brown last night..lol

I'm still willing to let things play out with Cam his upside is pretty high.

Also needs to improve his efficiency from 2. The three has come around so far this season.

Big ups to Cam.  For real.  I literally thought he was the next Marvin Williams that people believed in star potential based on hype.  Happy for him. 

Still not sure where he actually is as a player, but he is definitely getting better.  A few more nights like this and I will believe he actually can be a star.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Big ups to Cam.  For real.  I literally thought he was the next Marvin Williams that people believed in star potential based on hype.  Happy for him. 

Still not sure where he actually is as a player, but he is definitely getting better.  A few more nights like this and I will believe he actually can be a star.  

He gotta score 30's for you to believe in him, FQ?  Geez.  High bar, mayne.

My gentle pushback is that, on most nights, we shouldn't need anyone to score that much. At full strength, we're strength in numbers. We should (emphasis on 'should') only need him to play like that for stretches of certain games or quarters where offense bogs down.

So, ideally, he won't be at 30 but could still be a 'dude'.  Make sense?

Also, nobody saw 'star' potential in Marvo.  Those were wishes and hopes based on nothing.  The 'star' ship (heh, get it?  starship) sailed quite early on ol' Marvo.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He gotta score 30's for you to believe in him, FQ?  Geez.  High bar, mayne.

My gentle pushback is that, on most nights, we shouldn't need anyone to score that much. At full strength, we're strength in numbers. We should (emphasis on 'should') only need him to play like that for stretches of certain games or quarters where offense bogs down.

So, ideally, he won't be at 30 but could still be a 'dude'.  Make sense?

Also, nobody saw 'star' potential in Marvo.  Those were wishes and hopes based on nothing.  The 'star' ship (heh, get it?  starship) sailed quite early on ol' Marvo.

I’m good with Cam getting 16-22 a night consistently in the flow with efficiency and a cherry 🍒 on top :smile:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

My agenda is thriving today.

Again, I just want to let this season play out to see what we have with the Young wings.

• Like 1