• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks locker room is not healthy after "quiet" trade deadline

Sothron

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

OKC finally shipped Westbrook after everyone else left or was traded to keep him happy.

They didn't leave because of Westbrook.  They left to get more money.

Harden chased the bag.  So did Ibaka.  Durant chased the ring.

Westbrook would STILL be in OKC, if they didn't force him out.

The player you're trying to dog, went to 1 NBA Finals, 3 Western Conference Finals, had a winning record 10 years in a row, and made the playoffs in 9 of the 11 years he was in OKC.  Oh . . and he won a league MVP and is one of the 75 best players of all time.

If Trae did that in Atlanta, he becomes FAR bigger than Dominique.

Stop it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Trae Young is gonna run everyone off in the Hawks organization before he is finished.  Travis hitched his wagon to  him with the Luka trade and is stuck with Trae and whatever he wants.  The Hawks have young players who know HOW to play the game:  Hunter, Collins, Okongwu, Bogi, Huerter and formerly, Reddish.  They came from programs with coaches who taught you HOW to play the game THE RIGHT WAY.  Then, they get to the pros and a ball dominant player like Trae is running the ship and folks wonder WHY the Hawks are a mess?

So what you are saying is that Trae is going to run everybody off the team.

raw

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Trae Young is gonna run everyone off in the Hawks organization before he is finished.  Travis hitched his wagon to  him with the Luka trade and is stuck with Trae and whatever he wants.  The Hawks have young players who know HOW to play the game:  Hunter, Collins, Okongwu, Bogi, Huerter and formerly, Reddish.  They came from programs with coaches who taught you HOW to play the game THE RIGHT WAY.  Then, they get to the pros and a ball dominant player like Trae is running the ship and folks wonder WHY the Hawks are a mess?

Thats Cap Youre Lying GIF - Thats Cap Youre Lying False - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Trae COULD be a very good point guard if he cut back on his shooting.   He has great handles, is a fabulous passer, and can see the court like a point guard.  He just dominates the ball too much.  I'm tired of the excuses for it. I'm not buying that the rest of the Hawks players are not good enough offensively.  Great offensive stats in itself doesn't make a great player. Its when and how you score points.  I barely watch the Hawks anymore because of the ball dominance of Trae.

We'll see you come playoffs.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The player you're trying to dog, went to 1 NBA Finals, 3 Western Conference Finals, had a winning record 10 years in a row, and made the playoffs in 9 of the 11 years he was in OKC.  Oh . . and he won a league MVP and is one of the 75 best players of all time.

Stop it.

Trae is already better than Westbrook due to the scoring efficiency.  I agree with almost all of what you wrote other than the implication that Westbrook is better than Trae.  Swap Trae and Westbrook on those teams and OKC wins a ring.

18 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Stop it.

Harden didn't chase the bag. He was traded because OKC owner didn't want to pay him because he was cheap.

Ibaka was traded to Orlando while under contract for Oladipo, he didn't want out

Durant did chase the ring. That's actually factual.

• Like 3

Locker room not healthy after no giant trades?  Why?

Is there someone on the roster that everyone wanted gone?  We all know that there was no trade for an NBA allstar player.  We can all be sad about that.  But, personally I can't be sad because someone is still a Hawk.  Two teams must come to an agreement for a trade to happen.  They didn't.

Multitude of free agents abound as teams re shuffle after trades.  Hawks could still release a player and sign another.  Perhaps more than once.  Still, smile and be happy.  Finish the season with a florish!

:sun:

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Harden didn't chase the bag. He was traded because OKC owner didn't want to pay him because he was cheap.

Ibaka was traded to Orlando while under contract for Oladipo, he didn't want out

Durant did chase the ring. That's actually factual.

I thought Harden rejected OKC's extension offer because he wanted the max.  OKC didn't want to pay it, so they traded him to Houston . . and he even got more money.

So in essence, because Harden wanted the max ( i.e. - chasing the bag ), OKC traded him to avoid paying luxury tax.

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I thought Harden rejected OKC's extension offer because he wanted the max.  OKC didn't want to pay it, so they traded him to Houston . . and he even got more money.

So in essence, because Harden wanted the max ( i.e. - chasing the bag ), OKC traded him to avoid paying luxury tax.

Don't know if he was looking for a max but:

"They had already locked down both Durant and Westbrook to max contracts. Due to this, they were left with two options, sign either Ibaka or Harden, or pay a huge luxury tax.

The Thunder didn’t want to pay it. This had a lot to do with the new penalties launched in the NBA for exceeding luxury tax. Thunder instead had to could sign either Ibaka or Harden.

Oklahoma stuck with Ibaka and, as they say, the rest is history. Later, Harden revealed that Thunder tried to lowball him with a 4-year-contact worth $54 million.

The Beard‘ clarified that he was dissatisfied with the organization’s offer and was unwilling to take a pay cut. After the Rockets trade, Harden signed a massive 5-year-contract worth $80 million, significantly higher than the Thunder."

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yup they were never keeping him. People say it's one of the worst trades but no team ever is capable of keeping three MVPs who all want max money and want to be the number 1 option. I guess they could have gotten a la better return but easier said than done when you are trading a pending FA. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't know if he was looking for a max but:

"They had already locked down both Durant and Westbrook to max contracts. Due to this, they were left with two options, sign either Ibaka or Harden, or pay a huge luxury tax.

The Thunder didn’t want to pay it. This had a lot to do with the new penalties launched in the NBA for exceeding luxury tax. Thunder instead had to could sign either Ibaka or Harden.

Oklahoma stuck with Ibaka and, as they say, the rest is history. Later, Harden revealed that Thunder tried to lowball him with a 4-year-contact worth $54 million.

The Beard‘ clarified that he was dissatisfied with the organization’s offer and was unwilling to take a pay cut. After the Rockets trade, Harden signed a massive 5-year-contract worth $80 million, significantly higher than the Thunder."

Durant's max was 5yr/$86 mill.....Ibaka signed for 4yrs/$48 mil.....Ibaka got more per than what they offered Harden.