• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks locker room is not healthy after "quiet" trade deadline

Sothron

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Typical Hawks.

Hawks are the friggin Frankie Muniz or Macacauley Culkin of the league.  Were once a cute, precocious lil' story that warmed everybody's widdle hearts.

Well now they're in their 30's, have a ratty 5 o'clock shadow, are on their 3rd "marriage" - this time to a skechy instagram "model", and haven't had a job in years.  They live in a crappy apartment but are a couple months away from gettin' evicted and to make ends meet they're doing autograph signings and appearances on the 'strip'.  No, not the Vegas strip.  They're doing the strip malls and strip clubs career plan.

Yeesh, life comes at ya fast......

Blade WTF?? GIF | Gfycat

53 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What local media? Is Sarah Spencer or Mike Conti supposed to say Kevin sucks on defense? That isn't what they do. Bogi, Gallo and Kevin were all signed for their offense. Lou sucks at defense too. Why are we giving Lou a pass? Because Lou's job is to get buckets and he has always sucked at defense. I know youre just reporting, not opinionating. If I was White player on the team, I would say "what media media are you referring to and can you specifically cite any instances." It's almost like people just reflexively make things about race, even when they aren't.

Lou's defensive metrics, believe it or not, are actually good this season.

Probably because he's playing alongside Wright and Okongwu . . . who should possibly be playing alongside Trae.

I wanted to ask Campster or Sothron about the rookies.  Have you heard anything about how they are taking not getting any playing time with the main club?  Does Jalen feel slighted that as a 1stound pick he can't even get minutes on the court when the guys in front of him get injured?  Any resentment towards the coaching staff with either of them?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

There is one other major distinction to make between Kevin and Bogi. Kevin is available. Stupid I know but its really important. Over the last 2 years, Bogi has missed 36 more games than Huerter.  This season, statistically, Kevin has a minor edge in efficiency despite the ole eyeball test.  There 36 more games and mildly more efficient for less money. That's my problem with Bogi over Kevin. We can have a Kevin discussion if you want, but I'd like to have the Bogi discussion first.

image.png

Kev has been better than Bogi on the floor.  He doesn't always defend WELL but I rarely see him giving poor effort, whereas Bogi gives poor effort routinely.  That weak side 3 is wide open often because he can't be bothered to stop ball watching or marking his guy.  Gallo is atrocious on defense as well and that is not lost on anyone.

I agree that Hunter gets the pass more than anyone, including myself.  He's been objectively bad most of this year but we always make excuses for him (injured, getting back into shape, etc.).

Either way, our defense is a team issue.  One or two guys being good defenders doesn't help much at all in the NBA without complete team buy-in, and that includes trae who plays hard on some possessions and plays lazy/aloof on others.  I think this forum is not representative sample of how the media/fans view the players though.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I wanted to ask Campster or Sothron about the rookies.  Have you heard anything about how they are taking not getting any playing time with the main club?  Does Jalen feel slighted that as a 1stound pick he can't even get minutes on the court when the guys in front of him get injured?  Any resentment towards the coaching staff with either of them?

I do not have any info on that.

12 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Just imagine this scene:

*Trae Young arriving back home to his mansion on his Lambo, fresh off signing a mega max extension that will make him 100s of millions of dollars, voted starter to the All Star team...

Traes wife "What's wrong boo, you look down"

Trae *brooding: Nah it's nothing...

Wife: C'mon Trae don't be like that, I can tell when something's eating you up.

Trae: *sigh, nah hon really it's nothin... Just well... ya know Terrell from Hawksquawk.net?

Wife: Oh God, not him again... what did he do this time?

Trae: Well, he says I dribble too much, too much Iso not enough ball movement this and that...and worst of all he says i don't give enough effort on defense.... DEFENSE! After all i'm asked to do offensively, can you f***in believe that?

Wife *looks shocked

Trae: Yea I know such BS... Can't believe everyone is on my ass and giving Huerter a pass becuase he's white. 

Wife *pouring Dom Perignon on Trae's solid gold bathtub: It's ok baby I know what you need, you just lay back and relax for your Domy bubble bath, that'll wash away all the mean things that one single Hawksquawk poster says about you.

Trae: I love you boo.

Wife: I know baby. 

This is pure genius 👍

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Kev has been better than Bogi on the floor.  He doesn't always defend WELL but I rarely see him giving poor effort, whereas Bogi gives poor effort routinely.

To me this is just splitting hairs and basically saying 'yeah garland (or whoever) blew by Kev repeatedly but at least he chased him'.   

I know you're talking defense but the passiveness on offense is poor effort too in my opinion.  They were both pretty bad for a while but seems like Bogi has at least flipped a switch on it.  Heurter's just standing around.  He's been put in a position to be a secondary playmaker but it feels like he's lost all confidence in his ability to do that.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Just imagine this scene:

*Trae Young arriving back home to his mansion on his Lambo, fresh off signing a mega max extension that will make him 100s of millions of dollars, voted starter to the All Star team...

Trae: *sigh, nah hon really it's nothin... Just well... ya know Terrell from Hawksquawk.net?

Trae: Well, he says I dribble too much, too much Iso not enough ball movement this and that...and worst of all he says i don't give enough effort on defense.... DEFENSE! After all i'm asked to do offensively, can you f***in believe that?

Wife *looks shocked

Trae: Yea I know such BS... Can't believe everyone is on my ass and giving Huerter a pass becuase he's white. 

Wife *pouring Dom Perignon on Trae's solid gold bathtub: It's ok baby I know what you need, you just lay back and relax for your Domy bubble bath, that'll wash away all the mean things that one single Hawksquawk poster says about you.

I mean ..... just ... glorious.  The whirlwind of emotions.  The suspense.  The shots.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47cb3qvehjxccx6qu2ff

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Just imagine this scene:

Wife *looks shocked

Bro!  This here is a classic!

• Like 3