• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks locker room is not healthy after "quiet" trade deadline

Sothron

30 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I actually give Hawksquawk a lot of credit for handling the racism topic with class.  

For me, it's one of those things where unless I know exactly who said it and what was said, I can't really have a strong opinion about it. If a player feels the need to go public with their remarks then I will weigh in. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

For me, it's one of those things where unless I know exactly who said it and what was said, I can't really have a strong opinion about it. If a player feels the need to go public with their remarks then I will weigh in. 

You already weighed in when you insinuated it was Trae Young. 

Wait....they hate playing with each other, but no one wants to leave? I can't reasonably accept that as valid. Why do the guys want to stay if they think Trae and others are not pulling their weight? Why wouldn't Capela want to play with a good team like the Suns? It makes no sense.

• Like 1

Trae Young is gonna run everyone off in the Hawks organization before he is finished.  Travis hitched his wagon to  him with the Luka trade and is stuck with Trae and whatever he wants.  The Hawks have young players who know HOW to play the game:  Hunter, Collins, Okongwu, Bogi, Huerter and formerly, Reddish.  They came from programs with coaches who taught you HOW to play the game THE RIGHT WAY.  Then, they get to the pros and a ball dominant player like Trae is running the ship and folks wonder WHY the Hawks are a mess?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

And another thing.  A lack of another playmaker is ZERO excuse for Trae to take the logo 3s and shots in the paint against 3 or 4 defenders with open Hawk players on the wings.  He makes the game harder than it is.  The Hawks problem is the other players have no cache with the front office.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is craziness.  We finally have a HOFer and we are saying he made a mess out of Reddish who was a disaster at Duke?  Whose fault was that?  Whose fault it is that he has done nothing in NY?  Good grief.

Trae led the Atlanta Hawks to the first playoff wins in the conference finals in Atlanta history last season.  But he is ruining Collins and OO who have steadily improved and excelled during their time with him?  And he is ruining Bogi who put up the best numbers of his career with Trae?  And ruining Huerter who gets tons of space and quality shots from Trae?  Etc.

You see what this team does when Trae isn't on the floor, right?  

OKC finally shipped Westbrook after everyone else left or was traded to keep him happy.

NBA news: Russell Westbrook and Trae Young attends UCLA-Oklahoma game

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

First, I'm not a Westbrook fan just like I'm not an AI fan and it isn't because they are high scoring point guards. It is because they are inefficient scorers.  MJ would have sucked if he took all those shots and wasn't efficient.  But he was very efficient and so him scoring like a madman made him the GOAT.

Second, in defense of Westbrook his teams have had more playoff success than any team in Atlanta Hawks history that didn't start Trae Young.  1 NBA Finals appearance and 3 conference finals appearances.  That doesn't make a compelling case against him when the Atlanta Hawks have never won a game past the second round before Trae arrived and Westbrook's teams have done it numerous times.

Third, I'm sure you don't need to tell me how much more efficient a scorer Trae is right?  I mean, Westbrook puts up a career .527% TS%.  That is why him shooting the rock like that is bad.  Trae's TS%s the last three years are .595%, .589% and .592%.  That is great and worlds better than Westbrook.  MJ's prime years were around .600% TS%.  Trae keeps good company as a volume scorer.

In short, Trae >> Westbrook as a scorer and as a passer  (Westbrook has been a dramatically better rebounder but that is about it).  So I don't really compare the two of them just like I wouldn't compare MJ with Isiah Rider.

Trae COULD be a very good point guard if he cut back on his shooting.   He has great handles, is a fabulous passer, and can see the court like a point guard.  He just dominates the ball too much.  I'm tired of the excuses for it. I'm not buying that the rest of the Hawks players are not good enough offensively.  Great offensive stats in itself doesn't make a great player. Its when and how you score points.  I barely watch the Hawks anymore because of the ball dominance of Trae.

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Trae COULD be a very good point guard if he cut back on his shooting.   He has great handles, is a fabulous passer, and can see the court like a point guard.  He just dominates the ball too much.  I'm tired of the excuses for it. I'm not buying that the rest of the Hawks players are not good enough offensively.  Great offensive stats in itself doesn't make a great player. If when and how you score points.  I barely watch the Hawks anymore because of the ball dominance of Trae.

How much time is Cam getting now that he is free if ball hog Trae? Must be putting up all star #s. 

collins, cap and huerter have outright said they want to stay in Atlanta. Boy is trae chasing all those guys out of town. 

Are there things he needs to be better at? Yes.

admit it. The ECF run last year broke your heart seeing this ball hog bum taking this team to a level we haven’t been. In his 3rd year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

This is craziness.  We finally have a HOFer and we are saying he made a mess out of Reddish who was a disaster at Duke?  Whose fault was that?  Whose fault it is that he has done nothing in NY?  Good grief.

Trae led the Atlanta Hawks to the first playoff wins in the conference finals in Atlanta history last season.  But he is ruining Collins and OO who have steadily improved and excelled during their time with him?  And he is ruining Bogi who put up the best numbers of his career with Trae?  And ruining Huerter who gets tons of space and quality shots from Trae?  Etc.

You see what this team does when Trae isn't on the floor, right?  

Ignoring the obvious trolls is the way to go. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

How much time is Cam getting now that he is free if ball hog Trae? Must be putting up all star #s. 

collins, cap and huerter have outright said they want to stay in Atlanta. Boy is trae chasing all those guys out of town. 

Are there things he needs to be better at? Yes.

admit it. The ECF run last year broke your heart seeing this ball hog bum taking this team to a level we haven’t been. In his 3rd year.

It would be great to see the Hawks win a championship with Trae Young.  No player is above constructive criticism.  Trae DID play a major part in getting the Hawks to the ECF last season and deserves credit for that.  My point is that type of play isn't sustainable over a whole season.  The Hawks record reflects that.  They need a new offensive philosophy so that the game comes easier.  That may entail getting more help OR in my opinion, just changing the flow of the offense.

Edited by Hawkmoor

4 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Wait....they hate playing with each other, but no one wants to leave? I can't reasonably accept that as valid. Why do the guys want to stay if they think Trae and others are not pulling their weight? Why wouldn't Capela want to play with a good team like the Suns? It makes no sense.

Why do you think?  This is Atlanta, man.

Adult Entertainment Club «Magic City», reviews and photos, 241 Forsyth St  SW, Atlanta, GA 30303, USAAtlanta Adult-Entertainment Club Sued Over Labor Day Carjacking, Robbery  During Gunfight | Daily Report

image.jpeg