• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks locker room is not healthy after "quiet" trade deadline

Sothron

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't disagree with what you posted except to point out that Kevin is no longer a cheap option. He is getting paid starter money and he is not delivering especially on defense. 

I think 16.5Mill is fair value for Huerter, of course he has played below that level lately, won't argue that. Problem with BOTH Bogi and Huerter is that they are not consistent at all. They will have a great 3-4 game stretch and then disappear. I think there is some big time redundancy with those two players and both would benefit by getting the bulk minutes. Considering Huerter's age and the fact we have control of him for many years to come I think it's natural to favor him in our long term plans over Bogi, though of course I can see why Bogi is not happy about that. 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I think I need to do the right thing and just become a mod.  I'm the hero the city of Atlanta needs.

I'll be running on the 'No mo' play in GA' ticket and I can be $urely be bought.  Can I count on your vote?

#kg4Mod'22

But are you the hero we deserve????

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, shakes said:

well, it sounds like the players agree with me based on the OP.    And maybe I brought it up because I noticed what the players have noticed, that the white guys seem to get a pass.  And I thought it was interesting to bring that up.

And here we are, a few weeks later and in fact it is an issue apparently.

Sorry you don't like it, but (no I'm not going to say the truth hurts) there's no denying that it has become part of the story today and I was just ahead of the game.

Who is giving anyone a pass? Shameful that you or team members are playing the race card. Makes me not want to root for this team. Go ahead and lose and all the remaining games and break up the team. 

• Like 1

I don't think huerter is consistent enough to not atleast put bogi back in starting for a bit, esp if he's this upset about it , ok then playa, make your point.  Kevin huerter has no leverage here, and team chemistry needs to get better anyway.  

Edited by hylndr11

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Who is giving anyone a pass? Shameful that you or team members are playing the race card. Makes me not want to root for this team. Go ahead and lose and all the remaining games and break up the team. 

I think you are getting a little carried away here. The players in question here aren't saying it is "us vs them" or anything like that. They are mostly concerned with the local media giving the white players a pass and to a lesser degree fans doing it. That's not really playing a race card except in their eyes they feel everyone should be held accountable from both local media and the fans.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think you are getting a little carried away here. The players in question here aren't saying it is "us vs them" or anything like that. They are mostly concerned with the local media giving the white players a pass and to a lesser degree fans doing it. That's not really playing a race card except in their eyes they feel everyone should be held accountable from both local media and the fans.

What local media? Is Sarah Spencer or Mike Conti supposed to say Kevin sucks on defense? That isn't what they do. Bogi, Gallo and Kevin were all signed for their offense. Lou sucks at defense too. Why are we giving Lou a pass? Because Lou's job is to get buckets and he has always sucked at defense. I know youre just reporting, not opinionating. If I was White player on the team, I would say "what media media are you referring to and can you specifically cite any instances." It's almost like people just reflexively make things about race, even when they aren't.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think I need to do the right thing and just become a mod.  I'm the hero the city of Atlanta needs.

I'll be running on the 'No mo' play in GA' ticket and I can be $urely be bought.  Can I count on your vote?

#kg4Mod'22

Maybe we should stop looking at the actual players and coaches.  The real influence is Hawksquawk mods.

All the players got paid, and the mods are letting dysfunction rule until TS puts them on the payroll.

I can be bought, too.  If any player wants me to be their hype man send me a DM.  

• Haha 4

Just now, shakes said:

so are you saying we will avoid fight with our wives if we tell them they should buy more makeup?

Do not tell her I told you this, but I take her shopping for girl stuff and support her pink hair for this very reason.

Buy your girl perfume you like is a lesson an uncle taught me and it has served me well.

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think it would be fun to read folks' posts and guess which player paid them to be their mouthpiece.  I suspect some-a ya'll may already be on the payroll.  Supes is an obvious one (laugh, supey. we're just joking).

Mine might be Bogd 👀

No wonder Supes was so mad when the trade went down.  If Cam got a big contract, that would have been a serious payday for him.

I tried really hard to bait Jalen after summer league, but see what happens buddy?  You're stuck in G League and DNPCD territory now.  No cash for me means I'm agreeing with your lack of PT in the comments.  Jalen, I can get you some minutes and maybe in the rotation with a few donations....   Or I can just wait for the next draft pick.  Your choice.   

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What local media? Is Sarah Spencer or Mike Conti supposed to say Kevin sucks on defense? That isn't what they do. Bogi, Gallo and Kevin were all signed for their offense. Lou sucks at defense too. Why are we giving Lou a pass? Because Lou's job is to get buckets and he has always sucked at defense. I know youre just reporting, not opinionating. If I was White player on the team, I would say "what media media are you referring to and can you specifically cite any instances." It's almost like people just reflexively make things about race, even when they aren't.

I agree 100%. Who is "the local media"? What hitpieces on black players have the written? I am literally drawing a blank here. I refuse to believe this specific bit of rumor because if the players actually care about a virtually non existent media and a handful of people on an internet forum then this team is completely lost and broken beyond repair. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I agree 100%. Who is "the local media"? What hitpieces on black players have the written? I am literally drawing a blank here. I refuse to believe this specific bit of rumor because if the players actually care about a virtually non existent media and a handful of people on an internet forum then this team is completely lost and broken beyond repair. 

Exactly. Thank you. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Exactly. Thank you. 

I get why people on the forum enjoy the idea that players pay attention to this forum. But the very notion that any player on the team is reading the forums and gets offended by anything on here, a community of what? 20 consistent contributors tops?, all anonymous internet randos... That sends a f***ing chill down my spine... Of course it can't be true, I refuse to accept anyone who has risen to the level of pro NBA player would be so fragile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I played college basketball. Every player knows his stats in a game or a season. Trust me. Trae is very proud of his personal stats, when he sets or ties a record and his game stats when he has a good game like last night. Trae is not unique in talking about his stats or when he sets or ties records. John will mention it as well. So does Bogi. There's more but you get the point. Trae is the most talkative about it because, frankly, he's the one putting up the most numbers and records.

My point in mentioning that is that Capela would rather Trae and everyone else talk more about good defensive plays/effort than offensive stats.

And that's because Capela sucks offensively, if he doesn't have the PG setting him up.  If he had Okongwu's offensive moves and ability to finish around the rim, the Hawks might be a top 4 team right now and he'd be in the All-Star game.  The bunnies that he misses around the rim are starting to become a huge problem.

• Like 2