• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks locker room is not healthy after "quiet" trade deadline

Sothron

• Premium Member
On 2/8/2022 at 10:34 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

....did anyone think the team wasn't as 'happy' tonight?  usually when we are up big, they are yucking it up, lots of high five etc...they seemed a little subdued tonight.  I think the Trade deadline is weighing heavy on them.

This was my post after the Indy game a week ago, I guess it was more than just the trade deadline angst. 

One thing I noticed that game was Trae not doing his little hop when he tossed a lop to Clint or JC, he usually did the jump with them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I am concerned about Trae's leadership skills. It does not seem like players naturally gravitate to him, for whatever reason. 

Collins is considered more of a leader in the locker room than Trae is because Collins has sacrificed his stats in a contract year and going forwards to try and make the team better. He also plays good defense. Trae is willing to sacrifice touches/stats but he wants a talent he can really trust in to do that. 

• Like 3

Like me and a few others have been saying.. We have to find the right players to put around Trae.. Guys who dont care about touches, but are still willing to be a dog on DEFENSE...Now, I'm not saying Trae shouldn't be accountable for his defensive responsibility... it's a part of the game...He has to get better... But let me be Abundantly Clear.... He's not going anywhere. Hes our Star player and he knows it.....So  frankly everybody around him has to be TOTALLY committed to Defense to cover for his deficiency.....Because Lord knows without his offense ... I don't know where we would be....if his teammates don't understand that..then like Cam.... they have to go!!!! That's just how it is....

Supes was right.. A wing like Snell was perfect for Trae(too bad he's washed)....Hawks need to find some young wings like that.. Dont need alot of touches.. And can hit open shots, set screens, etc..without even really getting into rythym(handling the ball that much)..Also willing to play hard on defense EVERY night..Hell, even Solo is a good fit, if he could shoot.. lol.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I am concerned about Trae's leadership skills. It does not seem like players naturally gravitate to him, for whatever reason. 

Ive said it time and time again. We have no leader..Everyone says JC, but like I said Trae aint listening to no damn JC.. lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Ive said it time and time again. We have no leader..Everyone says JC, but like I said Trae aint listening to no damn JC.. lol

It is hard to have a team where the biggest voice isn't the superstar. You can do that and win but it is rare. GSW with Green is the best example of this. Trae is a leader in the locker room. He truly does want to win and he would rather lead the league in assists than any other personal stat. I think his biggest issue is his inability to keep his defense elevated for a season. You can't keep preaching at people to play harder on defense and not do it yourself.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

JC has the personality to be a leader. But does he have the game? It also must be hard for JC to totally buy in when he's constantly in trade rumors. With Ben Simmons off the market, no chance he gets traded. 

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Like me and a few others have been saying.. We have to find the right players to put around Trae.. Guys who dont care about touches, but are still willing to be a dog on DEFENSE...Now, I'm not saying Trae shouldn't be accountable for his defensive responsibility... it's a part of the game...He has to get better... But let me be Abundantly Clear.... He's not going anywhere. Hes our Star player and he knows it.....So  frankly everybody around him has to be TOTALLY committed to Defense to cover for his deficiency.....Because Lord knows without his offense ... I don't know where we would be....if his teammates don't understand that..then like Cam.... they have to go!!!!

Supes was right.. A wing like Snell was perfect for Trae....Hawks need to find some young wings like that.. Dont need alot of touches.. And can hit open shots, set screens, etc..without even really getting into rythym(handling the ball that much)..Also willing to play hard on defense EVERY night..Hell, even Solo is a good fit, if he could shoot.. lol.

We can do better than Tony Snell though. Yes, we need some dogs though. 

Kinda sucks reading this but it’s understandable… the team usually seems like a family in front of the camera but we never know what’s goin on behind closed doors. I wish the players had thicker skin but I guess they’re pissed because they all WANT to be in Atlanta and didn’t like finding out that their names were being floated like that. In all honest I knew we were never getting Simmons and didn’t want him. After reading about what Philly did f*ck them and f*ck Morey. They wanted Harden all along and threw other teams, including us, under the bus.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was my post after the Indy game a week ago, I guess it was more than just the trade deadline angst. 

One thing I noticed that game was Trae not doing his little hop when he tossed a lop to Clint or JC, he usually did the jump with them.

Damn . .. now I have to look for that from now on, because that used to be his thing.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I still can't believe how much of a positive impact Solomon Hill, who I always call Hobo, had on this team. I played college basketball. It is true you need a guy in the locker room that everyone is cool with and they can get guys to buy in and at least get along on the court. Solo did that for us. We need to bring him back or find someone else in that role. 

Why tf did NY even want him lol. Just to ef with us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Oh well. Trade everyone if they refuse to play defense. 

They seemed to play better tonight or maybe they were carried by Trae?

This idk about hurt feelings when you getting paid millions of dollars to do your assignment. If you can't bring it on a nightly basis then let's find someone who will. Can miss me with all that. Good win today though, I wasn't expecting that & at least they still showing fight.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's clear there is some stuff going on with the effort which translates into this incredible inconsistency and wouldn't shock me in the slightest if the source of some of it was the stuff in the locker room.

I don't know how much of the specifics I believe about the first post but the general gist is probably true. Trae has shown a lot of diva tendencies which I don't care for, none less glaring than his lack of effort on defense. Capella being disgruntled makes sense to me he is clearly not himself, around 30% of the player he was last year, pretty sure there is something going on with him and seems like a foregone conclusion he will be shipped at some point next year. Bogi not being happy about coming off the bench is obvious if you read between the lines of what he has said when asked. 

• Like 1