• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 hour ago, LucastheThird said:

If N.O. accepts Randle + Grimes + 1st for Zion, then they are flat out stupid. That does nothing but help the Knicks sell out MSG every home game with the Duke 3 playing together. 

Randle has been exposed in the NBA and should never be the headline of a trade package. *IF* Zion is healthy and we make an attempt, we can give a monumentally better package. 

Randle has negative value right now and and a Zion move will be very costly to anyone who wants in. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I've avoided any Zion to anywhere news still he gets a clean bill of health. That's easier said than done. 

Likelihood is very small that he gets a clean bill of health anytime soon.  The real interesting trade time is before his health situation is clarified.  He still has the potential to be healthy or damaged goods right now which means that a clarified situation where he is long-term damaged goods is off the table.  But any team trading for him does it with a ton of red flags.  Just really interesting.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

It's that slow time after All Star Weekend, let's have a bit of fun. 

Assuming he has a clean bill of health (foot is completely healed and he's already losing weight)

What would your trade package look like for Zion?

It would have to be a ton of draft picks, seeing that Zion is still on his rookie deal.  They would probably at minimum want Collins + about 3 - 4 draft picks.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It would have to be a ton of draft picks, seeing that Zion is still on his rookie deal.  They would probably at minimum want Collins + about 3 - 4 draft picks.

I wouldn't be against it as long as Zion is healthy. I'm as big of a JC fan here as anyone, but Zion is another superstar and I don't see JC ever breaking that ceiling. 

• Like 3

• Admin

Going after Zion will be a mistake we will be losing a lot of assets and overpaying for a guy that is constantly overweight and injured.

It will be a longterm setback.  He will always be injured.  His explosiveness will be gone and then you are left with a shell of what his potential was supposed to be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've avoided any Zion to anywhere news still he gets a clean bill of health. That's easier said than done. 

Ah so you were Ukraine'ing us?

Agree the health thing is too hill a climb at this point and, imho, going forward too.  Sure the guy can keep it in the road long enough to seem healthy. But how could anyone trust he won't balloon a month after arriving.

Not worth it.

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah so you were Ukraine'ing us?

Agree the health thing is too hill a climb at this point and, imho, going forward too.  Sure the guy can keep it in the road long enough to seem healthy. But how could anyone trust he won't balloon a month after arriving.

Not worth it.

It made no sense to talk about it. It was a stretch and his price too great is what teams are saying across the league. 

Teams are comparing his value to KPs from NY

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Going after Zion will be a mistake we will be losing a lot of assets and overpaying for a guy that is constantly overweight and injured.

It will be a longterm setback.  He will always be injured.  His explosiveness will be gone and then you are left with a shell of what his potential was supposed to be.

I agree. I see the benefit of Zion if healthy. He's an offensive machine in the post, he can be a point forward, he's also is versatile offensive player but the reality is, he has a negative defensive value too in terms of intangibles like Trae. That might be too much to overcome.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

The #1 ability is availability.

You just swoop in on my lines huh. I guess greats take from greats look at Jordan and Kobe. 

Ps Speaking of Kobe, did anyone watch the ultimate draft during the all star weekend? Don’t remember at what point but somebody make a remark to Jerry West about having them take a private plane ✈️ then giggling 🤭 and saying “too soon”.. not sure if this was on social media haven’t checked but that’s kinda messed up. It might have been D Wade, I honestly don’t know who said it. Hoping Jerry didn’t hear it cuz I don’t think that’s cool. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

When I hit the ATL I’m having varsity burger 🍔 

If the 1st thing you have is a varsity burger, the 2nd thing you're gonna have is the squirts.

100.webp?cid=ecf05e476zv9d5h70yj31u3cg4c

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You just swoop in on my lines huh. I guess greats take from greats look at Jordan and Kobe. 

Steel sharpens steel, baybee.

• Haha 3