• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: reading all the reviews scared me straight! :indifferent: Maybe I’ll just head to a fried chicken 🍗 place instead… :cool:

come down to Columbus and I will take you to all the places I posted about earlier. All great places to eat. There's some places here in Columbus as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I never thought I would share this story but...

When we were still dating because we met online when few were doing it I went to go see her in Yorkville outside Chicago. We went into Chicago with her parents to see the city and have some fun. We went to a crowded restaurant in Chicago that was famous for its cheeseburgers and hot dogs. I was starving so I ordered one of each.  

The burger comes in just as I ordered it with ketchup on it. There is no ketchup at the table. I looked at my hot dog and it was just a cheese dog with a little it of spicy brown mustard but not ketchup on it. I look up at the waiter and politely ask if he could bring me some ketchup to put on my hot dog. 

The entire side of the restaurant went completely quiet. I was immediately the subject of the most angry stares I had gotten outside of playing college basketball. I look around absolutely bewildered as table after table started whispering harshly "He asked for KETCHUP for his HOT DOG!" and grown ass men and women were shaking their heads or fingers at me Dikembe style. 

My table with my future Mrs. Sothron and her parents quickly stood up and apologized TO THE RESTAURANT and the WAITER. "Please don't get mad at him, he is from Georgia. They don't know any better down there." 

The waiter was somewhat mollified and gave me a curt nod and said in a very angry voice "I will bring this...this SOUTHERN person a bottle of ketchup for his hot dog" and stormed off. The rest of the restaurant stopped staring and shaking their heads or fingers at me. "Go back to Georgia! We eat hunnerds and hunnerds of dogs here with no ketchup!" one very fat white guy told me before he sat back down and shook his head one last time at me.

I look around the table as Mrs. Sothron and her parents sit back down. "Son, do not ever do that again," her dad told me and he was legit furious. "We don't eat ketchup on hot dogs. No one here does. Don't ever do that again while you are here."

I look at my wonderful girlfriend, my future bride, expecting sympathy and some kind of explanation for what I can only describe as a hot dog cult that I had no idea existed. She reached her hand under the table and pinched the ever loving Jesus out of my leg. "Don't ever do that again. I love you but don't be an ass."

I could only stare in shock and trying not to show how much it hurt when she pinched me I tried to make small talk. "Hunnerds and hunnerds of dogs, no ketchup here!" the fat guy shouted at me as his table got up to leave the restaurant. 

The waiter returned, slammed the bottle of ketchup in front of me and said in an icy cold voice "I hope this ketchup was worth it, Mr. Georgia" and he flounced off before I could do anything.

I put the ketchup on my cheese dog and relished every bite of it. I was now branded a hot dog heretic in Chicago and I could not care less. Hot dogs exist to put ketchup on them. This religious division has been the source of many battles between myself, Mrs. Sothron and her entire family ever since then. 

When I would go back to Chicago Mrs. Sothron and her family refused to take me back to that restaurant because of the hot dog shame I brought onto their family. They took hot dogs something serious in Chicago, baby.

Great story.  I still like you even though you are clearly the villain of that tale.    It’s just too bad the valuable lesson those nice people were trying to teach you didn’t stick.   

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm wiping away tears.  @Sothron ........ you are my hero. 😪

And you better not let them hot dog snobs change you!

We’re not hot dog snobs here in Chicago, we just happen to know this one irrefutable truth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I never thought I would share this story but...

When we were still dating because we met online when few were doing it I went to go see her in Yorkville outside Chicago. We went into Chicago with her parents to see the city and have some fun. We went to a crowded restaurant in Chicago that was famous for its cheeseburgers and hot dogs. I was starving so I ordered one of each.  

The burger comes in just as I ordered it with ketchup on it. There is no ketchup at the table. I looked at my hot dog and it was just a cheese dog with a little it of spicy brown mustard but not ketchup on it. I look up at the waiter and politely ask if he could bring me some ketchup to put on my hot dog. 

The entire side of the restaurant went completely quiet. I was immediately the subject of the most angry stares I had gotten outside of playing college basketball. I look around absolutely bewildered as table after table started whispering harshly "He asked for KETCHUP for his HOT DOG!" and grown ass men and women were shaking their heads or fingers at me Dikembe style. 

My table with my future Mrs. Sothron and her parents quickly stood up and apologized TO THE RESTAURANT and the WAITER. "Please don't get mad at him, he is from Georgia. They don't know any better down there." 

The waiter was somewhat mollified and gave me a curt nod and said in a very angry voice "I will bring this...this SOUTHERN person a bottle of ketchup for his hot dog" and stormed off. The rest of the restaurant stopped staring and shaking their heads or fingers at me. "Go back to Georgia! We eat hunnerds and hunnerds of dogs here with no ketchup!" one very fat white guy told me before he sat back down and shook his head one last time at me.

I look around the table as Mrs. Sothron and her parents sit back down. "Son, do not ever do that again," her dad told me and he was legit furious. "We don't eat ketchup on hot dogs. No one here does. Don't ever do that again while you are here."

I look at my wonderful girlfriend, my future bride, expecting sympathy and some kind of explanation for what I can only describe as a hot dog cult that I had no idea existed. She reached her hand under the table and pinched the ever loving Jesus out of my leg. "Don't ever do that again. I love you but don't be an ass."

I could only stare in shock and trying not to show how much it hurt when she pinched me I tried to make small talk. "Hunnerds and hunnerds of dogs, no ketchup here!" the fat guy shouted at me as his table got up to leave the restaurant. 

The waiter returned, slammed the bottle of ketchup in front of me and said in an icy cold voice "I hope this ketchup was worth it, Mr. Georgia" and he flounced off before I could do anything.

I put the ketchup on my cheese dog and relished every bite of it. I was now branded a hot dog heretic in Chicago and I could not care less. Hot dogs exist to put ketchup on them. This religious division has been the source of many battles between myself, Mrs. Sothron and her entire family ever since then. 

When I would go back to Chicago Mrs. Sothron and her family refused to take me back to that restaurant because of the hot dog shame I brought onto their family. They took hot dogs something serious in Chicago, baby.

Dang Soth, the reaction of those people at that restaurant was about like the KKK in the Clayton Bigsby skit on the Chapelle Show, when Chapelle's character took off his hood, LOL!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Dang Soth, the reaction of those people at that restaurant was about like the KKK in the Clayton Bigsby skit on the Chapelle Show, when Chapelle's character took off his hood, LOL!

:laugh1: I love that skit. I’ve watched it a million times and I still die laughing. Chappelle when keepin it real goes wrong Brenda and the corp dude :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Great story.  I still like you even though you are clearly the villain of that tale.    It’s just too bad the valuable lesson those nice people were trying to teach you didn’t stick.   

I know it is a Mid West thing to say "hunnerds" instead of "hundreds" but every time I hear it all I see in my mind's eye is that big fat guy yelling about eating hunnerds and hunnerds of hot dogs with no ketchup.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

I've never understood the "no ketchup on a hotdog" thing. It doesn't make sense.

I think this might be the first thing we've ever agreed on. Anyone tries to tell me what I can or can't put on my food they can eat a big bag of dicks.

Had to walk out of a hotdog place in Chicago a few years ago. Tried to order one without onions, because I can't eat em, and the owner said no, they come how they come and looked at me like I just kicked his dog. OK, you don't want my money then you don't get my money. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

I've never understood the "no ketchup on a hotdog" thing. It doesn't make sense.

I legit just had to look it up because I didn't get it either. 

If you haven't already been initiated into the Chicago dog cult, you may be in need of a little explanation regarding the components of this delicacy. According to Chicago's NPR station WBEZ, a true Chicago dog consists of an all-beef wiener in a steamed poppy seed bun topped with seven classic condiments: yellow mustard, chopped onions, sweet pickle relish, tomato slices (exactly two of these), sport peppers (two of these, as well), a dill pickle spear, and a sprinkling of celery salt.

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/184844/the-real-reason-chicagoans-dont-put-ketchup-on-their-hot-dogs/?utm_campaign=clip

Apparently all the toppings together emulate ketchup and it isn't needed. 

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Good for her!!!! You like ketchup on your hot dog 🌭, you don’t like the volt in the past Hawks uniforms or prolly the current Wolves alternate, you are in 27 fantasy leagues, you kick your feet up while you watch Hawks games and you like gabbing but never knitting 🧶 and somehow with all your quirks, you’re a married man.

You are one fascinating man 👨 Mr. @Sothron

If you do a movie 🎥 I wanna oversee costumes.

Is nobody else getting slightly worried about @Spud2nique filling out profiles on us Squawkers? 

I'm on to you Spud 🤣

seth-meyers-late-night-seth.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

I think this might be the first thing we've ever agreed on. Anyone tries to tell me what I can or can't put on my food they can eat a big bag of dicks.

Had to walk out of a hotdog place in Chicago a few years ago. Tried to order one without onions, because I can't eat em, and the owner said no, they come how they come and looked at me like I just kicked his dog. OK, you don't want my money then you don't get my money. 

I also can't eat onions thanks to GERD. Makes ordering anything that has them a fun thing to do to ask them to not put them on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Great meat does not need sauce, be it a ribeye steak or a gourmet hot dog. 

True...however you are talking to the guy that almost got beat up trying to put sauce on A5 wagyu steak. 😆

( side note: I didn't know any better at the time)

Edited by HawksNWaffles