• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

No joke: I had a dream last night where the Hawks traded for Zion and we gave up JC, Bogi and some firsts to make it happen. I can't remember what else we got besides Zion. Everyone was up in arms on the Squawk but as the dream played out it was a great thing for us. Trae and Zion had a threepeat world championship going and we were debating on the Squawk if we got a fourth straight world championship would that make those Hawks the best team ever outside the 60's Celtics.

My alarm woke me up before I got to see if we got the fourth straight or not. 

It's a good thing Zion plays basketball and not hockey cause if he ever won the Stanley Cup I can't even imagine how much ice cream he would cram in there during his day with the Cup.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Can't I get a little sympathy here? I mean I am the injured party here.

I debated with myself over Zion vs Randle.  Turned out to be one of those lesser of two evils decisions since Randle has at least played even if he has been a huge bust.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

No joke: I had a dream last night where the Hawks traded for Zion and we gave up JC, Bogi and some firsts to make it happen. I can't remember what else we got besides Zion. Everyone was up in arms on the Squawk but as the dream played out it was a great thing for us. Trae and Zion had a threepeat world championship going and we were debating on the Squawk if we got a fourth straight world championship would that make those Hawks the best team ever outside the 60's Celtics.

My alarm woke me up before I got to see if we got the fourth straight or not. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952938d24e55be407229e

• Haha 3

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Skylar Mays is strong, like single mother working two jobs strong. He's not that dynamic but he has shown the ability to go get a bucket in stretches. I would have liked to see him on the floor when the Hawks were struggling vs Boston. I don't know what else Skylar has to do to prove he's valuable.

Yes!  He's proven himself in CP.  I know that's not the NBA but he consistently makes the right plays and shows he's a cut above most of the Gleague players.   

Honestly i'm most concerned about Kevin.  I've never seen a guy dribble away from contact so much.   He looks lost on the offensive side of the ball if he's not catch and shoot.  

Hunter i think really is probably not 100%.  He's shown he can drive before. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, thecampster said:

There is one guy in my mind that can do this and I was really unhappy to see him not get any play after Trae's injury.  Skylar Mays is strong, like single mother working two jobs strong. He's not that dynamic but he has shown the ability to go get a bucket in stretches. I would have liked to see him on the floor when the Hawks were struggling vs Boston. I don't know what else Skylar has to do to prove he's valuable.

He could have been getting minutes with Lou out. Smh.

• Like 2

I would like to know why hasn't Travis talked to the media, since the day after the trade deadline?  I have not seen any comments from him since he addressed the "non moves" for the trade deadline.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I would like to know why hasn't Travis talked to the media, since the day after the trade deadline?  I have not seen any comments from him since he addressed the "non moves" for the trade deadline.

Schlenk has a weekly radio interview every Tuesday morning on 92.9 The Game.  Latest from Tuesday March 1st.

Travis Schlenk: Only really had one bad month - The Morning Show w/ John and Hugh - Omny.fm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Schlenk has a weekly radio interview every Tuesday morning on 92.9 The Game.  Latest from Tuesday March 1st.

Travis Schlenk: Only really had one bad month - The Morning Show w/ John and Hugh - Omny.fm

Yeah, this is what I was looking for, thanks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 3/3/2022 at 11:49 AM, thecampster said:

"They're making everyone drive because the 1/2 court game is more prevalent in the playoffs and they feel we need to be more ISO capable come playoff time. As for Hunter, maybe he's just not good at it."

So take that for what you will.  One non-committal and 1 philosophical answer that its a team dynamic they are trying to develop but only certain players are succeeding at.

My thoughts, they can flip the switch back to ball movement at any time so as long as they sneak into the playoffs it isn't a bad strategy to see who can go get you a bucket on their own now.

Circling back to this campts........ won't matter if we don't make it into the playoffs. They'd better switch back the offense now so they can start playing better going into the playoffs, if they get there.

I am not the schematic expert that Glen is, but I cannot fathom an explanation for how little the Hawks have been running pick-and-rolls lately.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Circling back to this campts........ won't matter if we don't make it into the playoffs. They'd better switch back the offense now so they can start playing better going into the playoffs, if they get there.

I am not the schematic expert that Glen is, but I cannot fathom an explanation for how little the Hawks have been running pick-and-rolls lately.

My first thought is the defense knows we like PnR so they 'do stuff' defensively to attack it so we're trying to counter.  But then I see us run it, have success ... then just ... don't do it anymore.

DET was woefully inept at stopping any version of it but we decided to ... just not run it after Stewart went down?  Bagley has the bbiq of a (insulting comment redacted).  He would have no clue what to do.  Yet we chose not to run it?  I guess.  Weird.

Speaking of weird, how 'bout Collins being dominant for stretches in the 1st quarter then we decide just not to play him late in the 4th?  Well not until DET was rolling and we remember Collins is on the roster I guess.  smh  And these folks told me Pierce was the problem (singular).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

My first thought is the defense knows we like PnR so they 'do stuff' defensively to attack it so we're trying to counter.  But then I see us run it, have success ... then just ... don't do it anymore.

DET was woefully inept at stopping any version of it but we decided to ... just not run it after Stewart went down?  Bagley has the bbiq of a (insulting comment redacted).  He would have no clue what to do.  Yet we chose not to run it?  I guess.  Weird.

Speaking of weird, how 'bout Collins being dominant for stretches in the 1st quarter then we decide just not to play him late in the 4th?  Well not until DET was rolling and we remember Collins is on the roster I guess.  smh  And these folks told me Pierce was the problem (singular).

I think we ran it two times vs. Bagley.  The second time, it worked and Trae hit Clint with the pass coming out of a late timeout. 

The first time, I think Trae got blocked by Bagley.   I don't know if Trae just didn't feel like trying or if Bagley's lankiness was a discouragement.  Later it looked like Trae was discouraged by the lankiness.

My problem last night with Trae's play was the poor turnovers.   there were about 3 passes that were terribly ill advised.   Throwing directly into defenders.  We need to be more mindful of that going forward.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think we ran it two times vs. Bagley.  The second time, it worked and Trae hit Clint with the pass coming out of a late timeout. 

The first time, I think Trae got blocked by Bagley.   I don't know if Trae just didn't feel like trying or if Bagley's lankiness was a discouragement.  Later it looked like Trae was discouraged by the lankiness.

My problem last night with Trae's play was the poor turnovers.   there were about 3 passes that were terribly ill advised.   Throwing directly into defenders.  We need to be more mindful of that going forward.

The thing that makes Chris Paul great is the fact that he does not waste possessions.

Apparently the two worked out together during the whole State Farm commercial thing this offseason - at least that's what I vaguely remember being said during our last PHX game - so I hope that's something they discussed.

The long 3's don't upset me so much.  The timing of them is all that ever gets my attention.  Same with ill-advised passes.  Gotta 'try' sometimes.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained .. and all that.  But there's nothing wrong with being measured on each.  Makes them more devastating for the opposition.  Right now, there is a legitimate percentage of the time these shots/passes are bailing out the opposition.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The thing that makes Chris Paul great is the fact that he does not waste possessions.

Apparently the two worked out together during the whole State Farm commercial thing this offseason - at least that's what I vaguely remember being said during our last PHX game - so I hope that's something they discussed.

The long 3's don't upset me so much.  The timing of them is all that ever gets my attention.  Same with ill-advised passes.  Gotta 'try' sometimes.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained .. and all that.  But there's nothing wrong with being measured on each.  Makes them more devastating for the opposition.  Right now, there is a legitimate percentage of the time these shots/passes are bailing out the opposition.

Like you.. The hero ball doesn't make me think.. the worse.  I still say.. "I hate that shot" when it goes up.. but I'm not bothered as much by it.   What does bother me is bad passes.   You can see if there are three long defenders back when you try that pass.  He made a fourth long pass that worked last night.  It was to Hunter and Hunter was alone on the side..  Great pass.   But I think the bad passes are trying to make up for our lack of a fast break. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Dang, Diesel had his wheaties today wtf. He’s got a fire 🔥 on his head and a lil sum sum in his bag for us.

image.gif.ac631093bb1428b3bdad1b6bb44b7099.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And kg joins in..

image.gif.5699afb9145d7b24d326d4c99c5127f9.gif

Woke up wanting a regular squawk convo these fools going squawk ball 🏀 PHD on me early am.. I need some food. Lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just drivin, this some drivin funk (and shooting 🏀)

Push me I’ll go to Vegas now I don’t give a .. @hazer let’s roll where you at? 

@kg01 mini road trip shhh 🤫 take the wheel right quick.

We in trouble against the Bucks I ain’t gonna lie, then again we play to the level of the competition. We guuuud.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Just drivin, this some drivin funk (and shooting 🏀)

@kg01 mini road trip shhh 🤫 take the wheel right quick.

"How you naked on the gram but in person you ain't showing nothing?"  Hmm??

This is the philosophical Question of the Day!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1