• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Schlenk could have had these games postponed

JTB

I was just made aware that schlenk could have had these recent games postponed! The nba rules are that if there are 4 or more players out due to COVID then the team must sign AT LEAST 3 players on 10 day contracts…..keep in mind we only had 4 regular rotation guys BUT nooooooo schlenk signs 9 players to 10 day contracts. 

Hawks have the MOST 10 day contracts with 9 players among all teams. 

i mean you guys tell me….is he trying to tank or something???…yeah it’s only 3 or 5 games but since we were already losing why sign a g league team when these games could’ve been postponed????….if I’m Resseler I’d demand a answer for this.

Also keep in mind you have to have at least 8 players to play the games 

• Thanks 1

I doubt he can simply choose not to sign more players to get to that 8-player mark. Regardless, last game was the first time we’ve been at 4 roster players and at the point we already had more than 3 guys signed up. We’re probably better off trying to get these 10-day guys acclimated to hopefully beat other weakened teams than trying to finesse a postponement. 

Not to mention it’s going to be funky trying to get these postponed games made up. We already have one with Cleveland.

9 hours ago, JTB said:

I was just made aware that schlenk could have had these recent games postponed! The nba rules are that if there are 4 or more players out due to COVID then the team must sign AT LEAST 3 players on 10 day contracts…..keep in mind we only had 4 regular rotation guys BUT nooooooo schlenk signs 9 players to 10 day contracts. 

i mean you guys tell me….is he trying to tank or something???…yeah it’s only 3 or 5 games but since we were already losing why sign a g league team when these games could’ve been postponed????….if I’m Resseler I’d demand a answer for this.

Not tank, but keep making money.

That's the only explanation that makes sense.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Not tank, but keep making money.

That's the only explanation that makes sense.

I'd be curious to see what our tv contract says in terms of how many games we can postpone or cancel before they're allowed to yank back money.  That dynamic has to be the driving factor.

And I'd say McMillan's latest comments are pretty telling in terms of him being opposed to how this is being handled.

• Like 2

Again, last game is the only one we could have theoretically gotten postponed based on these roster rules (but not practical). And if Lou is back then we probably *knock on wood* won’t have only 4 roster guys again. It’s a frustrating situation but not much to be done about it. 

• Moderators

I agree that this is on Travis.  And it's a slap in the face to the fans honestly.  We're supposed to pay money to cheer for some uniforms while watching our record tank?

Travis is the one who bears responsibility for it.   Other GMs are able to protect their teams so Travis can certainly do it.   

Look at this crap Denver just pulled.  They got a game postponed with 3 players in protocol.  Why?  Because they had a bunch of other players with nagging injuries.  Are you kidding me?

Trae is the only one speaking out.  It's shameful they are putting it on him to stand up.   Travis has been great but he's failing here.  

• Like 3

• Moderators

And another thing!   (sorry this is just getting me more pissed off everyday)

We've taken 3 league imposed Losses on our record already.  That sucks.   But remember the Bulls have 2 free wins also (and the knicks have 1).     We're taking hits but inflating the records of our competition at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, JTB said:

Not sure if you are being serious or not and I've been adding fuel to the fire about this too, however, these other teams with postponements have more players out with real injuries besides covid. The NBA has to give them an injured player exception. They signed all the players under the covid rules and are complying with those, but are still short the 8 man rule. Covid rules don't apply to the players who are injured like DeAndre Hunter.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree that this is on Travis.  And it's a slap in the face to the fans honestly.  We're supposed to pay money to cheer for some uniforms while watching our record tank?

Travis is the one who bears responsibility for it.   Other GMs are able to protect their teams so Travis can certainly do it.   

Look at this crap Denver just pulled.  They got a game postponed with 3 players in protocol.  Why?  Because they had a bunch of other players with nagging injuries.  Are you kidding me?

Trae is the only one speaking out.  It's shameful they are putting it on him to stand up.   Travis has been great but he's failing here.  

The only reason I'm not going after him is I truly believe the tv deal must be compelling them to allow this nonsense.  It's the only explanation. The guy's not an idioit ... I hope.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

The only reason I'm not going after him is I truly believe the tv deal must be compelling them to allow this nonsense.  It's the only explanation. The guy's not an idioit ... I hope.

Isn't this the old cutting your nose off....however that goes.  Forest for the trees. 

How much money are we going to lose if we don't get in or don't go far in the playoffs because we have a horrible seeding.   How much money are we going to lose when in 30 days the national narrative is 'I told you hawks were a fluke last year, look at their record'.   We're already seeing this shit that Lavine is better than Trae because 'winning matters'.  Are you friggin kidding me.   How much money do we lose continuing to have a star who gets zero respect.  And how much does the chance of losing that star go up when he's out there in the press saying 'it's bs we have to play these games' and his coach and GM are too scared to say crap.

Sorry i got carried away.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Schlenk is not the type to take on the league. He's a nice guy, a smart guy, but a Pat Riley gangster type he ain't. 

Yeah that's what scares me a little as it relates to Trae.   At some point you get tired of being on a maligned franchise if you're a true star.  The org needs to have his back.    He's already dealt with BS that he shouldn't have had to.     

Y'all are really being over the top about Schlenk in this thread. 

I like a GM that is going to play by the rules. You have no idea how that will reward us in the future. Just because Miami has a scuzz bucket as a GM doesn't mean we should be like them.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Y'all are really being over the top about Schlenk in this thread. 

I like a GM that is going to play by the rules. You have no idea how that will reward us in the future. Just because Miami has a scuzz bucket as a GM doesn't mean we should be like them.

Although I agree folks are being too hard on him, we gotta face fax.  Nice guys finish last and they lose their high-end players along the way.

It's not good enough to 'just' be good at the job.  Schlenk is good at the job but he's gonna have to be cut-throat even when it comes to his former mates in San Francisco.  One of the issues the Ferry/Budenz group had was they bent over for SAS more than once, to the Hawks' detriment.

That's NBA reality, marco.  I don't like it but IIWII.

• Like 3