• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hunk-o'-Hawks at Lakers

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Pretty sure he's wanting to trade the vets who aren't producing before the draft picks.

Who wants Gallo or Lou?  Lou was the worst signing ever... lol..Bogi might get some interest though..

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Brace yourself, they will win against the Clippers to give us a glimmer of hope.

Actually, if we beat the Clippers we'd be 3-3 on the road trip.  

And going 3 - 3 on this road trip, with most of our guys hurt, is actually a win.

Because when you lose, you actually win, if you don't lose too much.

But if you don't win enough, you actually lose.

And if you win and lose at the same rate, you actually tie.

White Men Can't Jump (1992)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I get the frustration right now but Travis built a team in 4 years that literally made it deeper into the playoffs than any team in franchise history.  No doubt we're experiencing a bump in the road right now but he's put together what should be a winning roster imo.  I'll hold judgement for the end of the season after seeing how we can gel in the 2nd half given the multitude of injuries/covid absences.

We need a vocal leader on defense badly -- someone will hold everyone accountable, including Trae.  I just watched the replays of all their made 3s and half of them are due to miscommunications/late rotations.  Those should in theory improve as the guys play more together.  Our transition defense will never be very good but we should be decent in half court when Hunter is back.  We were a second slow on all our zone rotations tonight as well which was leading to easy buckets.

The 2nd half of the season is fast approaching.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The 2nd half of the season is fast approaching.

And we should be fully healthy for it so we'll see.  Although if we make moves at the deadline we'll need to rebuild chemistry with the new guys... 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's so frustrating. I've never seen nothing like this. When I get the report, we will see how many frontcourt touches he got outside of the rebounds from D. He might have gotten 7 touches tonight. All that I can say.... do do do do do do dooo!

Remember how engaged Cam was in Sactown? He was missing shots, but still played within himself, and hit that big 3 late..Compare that with tonight.  What changed?

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, terrell said:

As long as hes the starting PG here, expect random guards to go on us off almost every game.. LIke I said we have to put the BEST perimeter defenders possible around Trae.. And I mean every position....Or..................................................

I detailed this years ago and it’s still a fatal flaw with building around him.  I’ll never understand making a player a focal point who can’t guard the 1 nor play the 2.  Just too much stress on the team defensive chain and little room for injuries.  

The second half of his rookie season was phenomenal, the playoff run absolutely sensational.  But the record speaks for itself, he’s lead a poor brand of ball in his tenure here for the most part.

I’m not sure but I’m guessing the Hawks’ winning percentage in games he’s missed is about the same as when he’s starting.  If someone can pull those numbers I’d appreciate it.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Remember how engaged Cam was in Sactown? He was missing shots, but still played within himself, and hit that big 3 late..Compare that with tonight.  What changed?

His role. He got the corner boy treatment. This time it was to Trae and Kevin. Once Trae left, he was really didn't get much touches. Like I've said, touches especially quality touches matter in the NBA, he only has 2 quality touches and 7 altogether 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I honestly enjoyed the 10 day guys games more than this shit

All day.....I miss BG too.. At least he played defense at the point of attack and fought over screens...Trae would rather call for switches.. smdh.

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I detailed this years ago and it’s still a fatal flaw with building around him.  I’ll never understand making a player a focal point who can’t guard the 1 nor play the 2.  Just too much stress on the team defensive chain and little room for injuries.  

The second half of his rookie season was phenomenal, the playoff run absolutely sensational.  But the record speaks for itself, he’s lead a poor brand of ball in his tenure here for the most part.

He is even worse off the ball than on the ball but he's awful against the PnR which forces you to play him off the ball. Man, Hunter and Reddish will be looked in a completely different light if they leave Atlanta. I think all wings we acquire will take a drop effectiveness due to Trae. Trae is for big men. If you a guard or wings forget about it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I get the frustration right now but Travis built a team in 4 years that literally made it deeper into the playoffs than any team in franchise history.  No doubt we're experiencing a bump in the road right now but he's put together what should be a winning roster imo.  I'll hold judgement for the end of the season after seeing how we can gel in the 2nd half given the multitude of injuries/covid absences.

We need a vocal leader on defense badly -- someone will hold everyone accountable, including Trae.  I just watched the replays of all their made 3s and half of them are due to miscommunications/late rotations.  Those should in theory improve as the guys play more together.  Our transition defense will never be very good but we should be decent in half court when Hunter is back.  We were a second slow on all our zone rotations tonight as well which was leading to easy buckets.

OMG not the fluke Playoff run thing again.. smh

14 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Kyrie Irving: Nets Star's Five Most Iconic Moments

Kyrie wouldnt come here.. lol. He'd rather sit out.. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

People talk about Ben Simmons, his defense will regress with Trae. Everyone defense does.

Been trying to tell em.............Its CONTAGIOUS...Players get tired of covering for his sorry arse lazy defense...

Edited by terrell