CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

New orleans got devante graham for their sign and trade... THAT IS HORRIBLE lmaooo.

they got a bad player for their sign and trade. You get much less value in a sign and trade then if you do a trade outright. This pick is more valuable then a sign and trade contract you take on

That's on them. They still gave Zo every chance to prove his worth to them. Atlanta could have did the same if the package is trash as f***. They literally got more than this shit for moving down in last year's draft from pick 18.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Don't trade him, keep him and develop him and when he's a FA, either do a SnT or let him go like NO did Lonzo Ball

NOP got Tomas Satoransky, Garrett Temple and a second-round pick in that RFA sign and trade. How is that looking for them?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You keep posting but that not going to make me happy or make me give a damn about your post on this. You done posted like ten times today why you like this shit and I've responded like not once at all to those posts of yours. 

Speak your peace, leave me the f*** alone. 

You think I care about your happiness LMAOOOO??

Go be a knicks fan.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Trae is 23

JC is 24

Huerter is 23

Hunter is 24

How are we not still a developing young team?

We are still young. But all those guys are impact players that didn't get the leniency Cam does. Only OO is really afforded that now. 

Cam is very provocative and polarizing. But he's so damn sexy when he plays you look the other way sometimes because of his high end potential. The other guys aren't like that.

When you trade the face of your development phase, it kinda indicates that you're serious about winning

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I've literally wore my black Cam jersey more than any this year because I've been supportive of Cam and his development.  He's been my favorite draft pick.  I've told ppl we won the Luke-Cam trade because we got Trae as a throw-in.  I got recognized at the MARTA station with my Cam jersey on from a guy who asked if i had season tickets.  I've posted our record and Cams stats with and without my jersey on because I've been a huge fan of his since he got drafted.  I fell in love with his potential just like a lot of Hawks fans.

You need to go take a nap or something because you're out of control right now fr, don't even know what you're saying.  Just because I understand why he's only worth a late first rounder does not make me a Cam hater.

IMG_20220113_150323.jpg

The 1st round pick is still officially a part of Cam's legacy.

Whomever we get with that pick we traded, is a part of drafting Cam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aali34 said:

We are still young. But all those guys are impact players that didn't get the leniency Cam does. Only OO is really afforded that now. 

Cam is very provocative and polarizing. But he's so damn sexy when he plays you look the other way sometimes because of his high end potential. The other guys aren't like that.

When you trade the face of your development phase, it kinda indicates that you're serious about winning

Cam is like driving a Ferrari on a quarter-mile dirt track.  He's going to be fast and good to look at, but he will be wildly out of control and might come in dead last when the race is over.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You think I care about your happiness LMAOOOO??

Go be a knicks fan.

What he asked of you is fair.  Give your view on the trade and stop trying to engage with him.

Supes - You may want to consider putting Mikey on ignore status.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Every reporter on this planet told you his value was a first round pick... and guess what they got a first round pick.

Just because your little brain values him like hes freaking lebron james does not mean they didn't get the value they were looking for.

[AHF Edit]

Mikey has been put in time out.  No need to respond.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Hawks have let enough players 'walk for nothing' in my lifetime.  The pick is an 'asset' going forward in potential trades.

Until that pick is used in another trade, it's not useful to us. A non-lotto pick isn't going to play next year and we need help now. Unless Cam became some unmanageable headache behind the scenes we didn't need to trade him for such a bad return. If another trade does happen then I'll give Schlenk whatever credit deserves for that deal. but right now he looks like a fool to me.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Don't trade him, keep him and develop him and when he's a FA, either do a SnT or let him go like NO did Lonzo Ball

If I have the option to trade cam for a stupidly protected first round pick and loose change or keep him and see how things develop with the RISK of losing him for nothing.... I'd just take the risk to see how everything shakes out. This deal is like getting nothing in return.

Nobody can make it make sense to me regarding dealing with the Knicks. Not unless Kevin Knox is the deal... This is just a bad look on all fronts.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I hope so.  We have one insider completly melting down and two others saying they knew this was coming.

None have seemed to indicate that we are in the works on something else.  Maybe they can't say anything, but seems like they would just post R-E-L-A-X, if they had info that this wasn't a standalone deal to get rid of someone the Hawks weren't planning on signing. 

I think there is more to it.  I saw a blurb that Travis was adamant about making this trade sooner rather than later, so it could be a few things:

1. Locker room issues

2. A precursor to another trade where that team wasn't interested in Cam and paying him

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love walk for nothing. It is always the best move. 

You didn't think that with Horford.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

If I have the option to trade cam for a stupidly protected first round pick and loose change or keep him and see how things develop with the RISK of losing him for nothing.... I'd just take the risk to see how everything shakes out. This deal is like getting nothing in return.

Nobody can make it make sense to me regarding dealing with the Knicks. Not unless Kevin Knox is the deal... This is just a bad look on all fronts.

Exactly! That's what's so frustrating about this. The value is awful. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think there is more to it.  I saw a blurb that Travis was adamant about making this trade sooner rather than later, so it could be a few things:

1. Locker room issues

2. A precursor to another trade where that team wasn't interested in Cam and paying him

You didn't think that with Horford.

Nope and you saw what happened. The ship sank. I would be the same way if Trae walked. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

The only scenario that makes sense to me is using the first round pick in another deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Cam is 388/588 players in VORP.

156 in BPM

172/184 qualifying players in WS/48

161/184 AST%

162/184 TRB%

118/247 Ftr

127/187 TS%

129/184 PER

61 in USG%

He has been awful at nearly every aspect of the game but needs the ball in his hands to even be engaged. Sorry, but it was time to move on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Until that pick is used in another trade, it's not useful to us. A non-lotto pick isn't going to play next year and we need help now. Unless Cam became some unmanageable headache behind the scenes we didn't need to trade him for such a bad return. If another trade does happen then I'll give Schlenk whatever credit deserves for that deal. but right now he looks like a fool to me.

I try not to be short sighted when it comes to picks in terms of their immediate use.  We used a non-lotto pick to trade for Capela.  We used a non-lotto pick to trade up for Hunter.  We used a non-lotto pick acquired from the Minny trade the year prior to draft Huerter.

• Like 4