• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I heard about it this morning from my source and didn't believe it. I was told to keep mum because deal wasn't finalized. 

I hate this trade. I would have much rather used Cam as the sweetener on a Gallo/Bogi type deal to get a big name. But this return is so low. We now have to hope the Hornets have the 19th or worst pick in the first round just to get a first rounder back. Knox is a complete bust and won't get any run here barring injuries. 

For those throwing Travis under the bus I know this. Travis wouldn't have done this trade if he honestly believed he could get a better deal in a couple of weeks. As @NBASupes and @thecampster have said, I think I mentioned this but I'll say it again: this is a seller's market. There are so few teams willing to make a big trade that has dried up the market in a lot of ways. 

If you told me before the season this is what we would get for Cam I would have laughed in your face. Cam has a real chance to at least be an above average NBA starter. What are we getting with the AT BEST 19th pick in the draft? Another rookie that Nate refuses to play?

Yeah just a few months ago, the narrative was "the Hawks have ruined the process in Philly"...Well the Sixers are still rolling, and we've fallen apart....smh

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Guys and gal please give @NBASupes some space on this trade. Everyone knows how highly he rated Cam. This trade is painful for all of us but especially him. There's no need to attack him or each other because we don't like the returns on the trade.

I'm mean I'm just as high on Cam and I'm pretty rationale about it. Supes is just really emotional and if you've posted here a while you know that.   He'll calm down in a few days I hope. 

It's the bringing Luka into this that's really grinding my gears. If you mad at Travis, doesn't mean you have to shit on Trae.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, phoostal said:

So let's give him a pass to curse constantly at people,  put people on list and ridicule people that have different opinions than him (like he is the be all end all on the hawks). Cool now that I know the rules. 

I never said that. He's obviously emotional about the trade of his favorite player. Cut the guy some slack. Is that too much to ask? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Guys and gal please give @NBASupes some space on this trade. Everyone knows how highly he rated Cam. This trade is painful for all of us but especially him. There's no need to attack him or each other because we don't like the returns on the trade.

I agree.  This is not the time to be ragging on Supes. 

Talk about Cam all you want, but leave his biggest fans out of the convo.

Wish Cam luck, seeing that there are no hard feelings toward him.  Whether we believed in him or not, we were all hoping that he would succeed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, phoostal said:

So let's give him a pass to curse constantly at people,  put people on list and ridicule people that have different opinions than him (like he is the be all end all on the hawks). Cool now that I know the rules. 

I had to LOL @ this . . because he's definitely cussed me out a few times.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, phoostal said:

Supes has received appropriate responses when he has jumped the rails in the past and he has apologized and wheeled it back in.  If you missed it, we had a new poster go after him immediately as the trade broke.

I'm not sure what you think him putting you on the "list" is supposed to mean but I'm pretty sure it is a statement that you and he value the players differently rather than him sitting around with a sniper rifle.

You are free to speak your mind.  Sothron basically said you know he is raw right now so speak your opinion but don't try to troll him to provoke a fight.  

Not seeing the big deal here.

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

I never said that. He's obviously emotional about the trade of his favorite player. Cut the guy some slack. Is that too much to ask? 

I understand.   But maybe reach out to him and tell him to call it a day since he is emotional.  Why should everyone on this site walk on eggshells for him?  Like everyone else, I'm here to get some info and opinions.  I've got emotional as well, so I do understand.  But this Hawksquawk not Supessquawk.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, phoostal said:

I understand.   But maybe reach out to him and tell him to call it a day since he is emotional.  Why should everyone on this site walk on eggshells for him?  Like everyone else, I'm here to get some info and opinions.  I've got emotional as well, so I do understand.  But this Hawksquawk not Supessquawk.

Literally just speak your mind and share your opinion on the trade and don't @ him or quote him is all Sothron suggested.  You can address him as long as you aren't trolling like we saw earlier but I think the suggestion is sensible here just as a matter of common courtesy towards a fellow squawker (i.e., I personally see good reason to just give your own $.02 and engage in a back and forth with someone who isn't as emotional on the topic).

Nobody has said this is Supessquawk and nobody is trying to stop you from giving your opinion on Cam or the trade.  You and he are both part of the Squawk community.

• Like 2