• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, Wretch said:

If I have the option to trade cam for a stupidly protected first round pick and loose change or keep him and see how things develop with the RISK of losing him for nothing.... I'd just take the risk to see how everything shakes out. This deal is like getting nothing in return.

Nobody can make it make sense to me regarding dealing with the Knicks. Not unless Kevin Knox is the deal... This is just a bad look on all fronts.

We all know that Knox isn't the deal.   Something else is coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I try not to be short sighted when it comes to picks in terms of their immediate use.  We used a non-lotto pick to trade for Capela.  We used a non-lotto pick to trade up for Hunter.  We used a non-lotto pick acquired from the Minny to draft Huerter.

The Hunter and Capela trades were Travis's best moves imo

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Cam is 388/588 players in VORP.

156 in BPM

172/184 qualifying players in WS/48

161/184 AST%

162/184 TRB%

118/247 Ftr

127/187 TS%

129/184 PER

61 in USG%

He has been awful at nearly every aspect of the game but needs the ball in his hands to even be engaged. Sorry, but it was time to move on.

Truth bomb here.  He can't fit with Trae, that much is sure.  Knicks will probably let him go all JR Smith, to their detriment.  I'm actually glad it's the Knicks.  Hope they pay him too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

That's a valid point, but notwithstanding it's not like Dallas is lighting the world on fire atm. Have they won a playoff series since trading for Doncic? I think it's still completely up in the air who will be the better player and centerpiece. 

Stop acting like the Hawks wouldve beat Kawhi and the Clippers.. lol. 

• Like 1

Literally, WTF did I walk in to today. I was so pissed after the game last night that I shut down all my basketball news until just now out of sheer boredom.

I tried to keep up with this thread and everyone's takes. Here is mine:

Cam was expendable to me. But not for nothing. I felt like he was the best bargaining chip that we had available based on upside and ability. I thought he was worth way more in a package deal for a big time player than what we got for him straight up (and Solo)

I am not particularly worried about him going to NY and killing it, mainly because he has always shrunk in the presence of RJ. RJ makes Cam turn in to a Beta dating back to their Duke days. I do not expect this to change now.

My money is on Cam going off against us every time we play him for the rest of his career, but that's about it. Until he gets a shot to be the main guy, he won't ever reach his full potential. Doesn't look like that will be he case in NY either. Thibs will totally unleash him defensively though. That much is for certain.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong. And good for him if so.

Either way, I'm not happy about this at all. All this chatter about teams calling for Cam over the last year or so, and this is what materialized.... yikes.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Literally, WTF did I walk in to today. I was so pissed after the game last night that I shut down all my basketball news until just now out of sheer boredom.

Cam was expendable to me. But not for nothing. I felt like he was the best bargaining chip that we had available based on upside and ability. I thought he was worth way more in a package deal for a big time player than what we got for him straight up (and Solo)

I am not particularly worried about him going to NY and killing it, mainly because he has always shrunk in the presence of RJ. RJ makes Cam turn in to a Beta dating back to their Duke days. I do not expect this to change now.

My money is on Cam going off against us every time we play him for the rest of his career, but that's about it. Until he gets a shot to be the main guy, he won't ever reach his full potential. Doesn't look like that will be he case in NY either. Thibs will totally unleash him defensively though. That much is for certain.

Either way, I'm not happy about this at all. All this chatter about teams calling for Cam over the last year or so, and this is what materialized.... yikes.

I keep wondering how people see Cam as a "1st option". Dude doesn't pass the ball and shoots ~40% from 2.

He takes about 25% of his shots from 10ft to the 3pt line and is hitting a whopping 25% on those shots.

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Simmons and Capella. Not one, but two non shooters on the floor. Have fun with that.

Our shooters cant hit the broad side of a barn most of the time anyway, so.................. Might as well try to stop the other team...   lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I try not to be short sighted when it comes to picks in terms of their immediate use.  We used a non-lotto pick to trade for Capela.  We used a non-lotto pick to trade up for Hunter.  We used a non-lotto pick acquired from the Minny trade the year prior to draft Huerter.

That's a good point about those previous deals, but Cam and 1.5 years on his contract is worth more than fodder to me. Unless he wanted out and Schlenk accomodated him before more drama ensued, this trade is just unnecesary. This puts more pressure on us to do another deal or else we just got worse for nothing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If Cam gets minutes in NY, i fully expect him to go score 18ppg on 40% shooting with zero defense and lots of cheers in the stands.  He'll get extended for some stupid number and I will laugh and laugh.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

That's a good point about those previous deals, but Cam and 1.5 years on his contract is worth more than fodder to me. Unless he wanted out and Schlenk accomodated him before more drama ensued, this trade is just unnecesary. This puts more pressure on us to do another deal or else we just got worse for nothing.

There is no stat you can show me that justifies this sentiment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I dont even think Simmons with our funky bunch will even work much less he will be crying about touches till the playoffs when he goes into his yearly shell. That said, at least, he's a baller in the regular season 

Well since Trae is bored oin the reg season, this might be a match made in heaven..  lol