• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Moderators
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

I think what we get back for Gallo will give us a good indication on whether we are punting the season or not. If it's another Kevin Knox deal we are punting.

Eh, Gallo isn't doing much for the team right now either.  He took a step back last year but was still a value add.  This year...it has kind of moved in parallel with the team's overall performance (hint: last really good game was over a month ago).  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Eh, Gallo isn't doing much for the team right now either.  He took a step back last year but was still a value add.  This year...it has kind of moved in parallel with the team's overall performance (hint: last really good game was over a month ago).  

I agree he hasn't been good, but he's still 57% TS this season, and he's always been streaky so he can get hot at any time. He was playing very well before his COVID absence. Point is he's still a player. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

I agree he hasn't been good, but he's still 57% TS this season, and he's always been streaky so he can get hot at any time. He was playing very well before his COVID absence. Point is he's still a player. 

He's honestly the only player on the bench that can create his own offense besides K'von (1/5 games). Lou is completely done and the rest of the bench can hardly take more than a couple dribbles without getting stripped or fumbling away the ball.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

This trade is going to be remembered for years, Cam will be a star

Has there ever been a player that had such an awful first three seasons of their career which turned into a star? I can't think of any, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Steve Nash, Jermain O'neal, Stephen Jackson off the top of my head.

Wow I just looked up Steve Nash and you are absolutely right. He was AWFUL for his first three seasons. He saw a big jump in production in his 5th season. Hopefully, like Nash, he comes back after he gets some seasoning and (unlike Nash) leads us to the promised land 😄

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah if Cam is gone, than I'm eyeing Gallo and Bogi since they have been iffy all year. Clint as well, but he can't be traded yet.

Here is the order of guys remaining in my opinion from lowest impact to highest. Dre. not included cause he was out.

• Lou - Unplayable and a ball stopper
  • Dieng - Smart player with a variety of skills, but doesn't fit. Inconsistent.
  • TLC - Ugh garbage. I hate him.
  • Gallo - Unable to contribute on offense like last season and putrid on defense.
  • Delon - Good defense and plays well when aggressive, but doesn't provide what is needed of him. Unfit for his role.
  • Bogi - Inconsistent and tasked to do too much than he can handle.
  • Kevin - Inconsistent and not aggressive enough. 
  • Clint - Regressed from DPOY level last season. Touch is doodoo, but still an impact player. No longer superhuman
  • OO - I love him. High impact with room to grow.
  • JC - Great all around and floor raiser. Still has holes in areas, but usually reliable. 
  • Trae - Superstar, has weaknesses but usually reliable.

Clint, Bogi, Gallo are probably all gone next season.

JC and Kev gotta watch their backs. Both guys' intangibles and character are their saving grace. They impact winning but have a limited ceiling compared to others.

Dre and OO are impact players who have high potential on both sides of the court. The highest value players outside Trae. Possible All-NBA defense. They're gone only for a superstar.

When you look at the team, a shakeup might be inevitable. Not enough impact play from key vets who you would expect it from.

1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

Cam is 388/588 players in VORP.

156 in BPM

172/184 qualifying players in WS/48

161/184 AST%

162/184 TRB%

118/247 Ftr

127/187 TS%

129/184 PER

61 in USG%

He has been awful at nearly every aspect of the game but needs the ball in his hands to even be engaged. Sorry, but it was time to move on.

These players can’t hide from Basketball Reference can they man?!  Everything is there.

But yeah, the rebounding is the most damning for a player so athletic with good size and high energy.  Unfortunately below-average rebounding for their size/ position plagues all of our guards and wings.  Part of the reason Miami is gonna mop us up again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That may be true. 

Or it may be false and people don't want to hear the truth.

The truth is selective and all about perceptions.

I perceive this. 

Nah, truth is the truth.  

Your personal reality is what you want it to be though.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Yeah if Cam is gone, than I'm eyeing Gallo and Bogi since they have been iffy all year. Clint as well, but he can't be traded yet.

Here is the order of guys remaining in my opinion from lowest impact to highest. Dre. not included cause he was out.

• Lou - Unplayable and a ball stopper
  • Dieng - Smart player with a variety of skills, but doesn't fit. Inconsistent.
  • TLC - Ugh garbage. I hate him.
  • Gallo - Unable to contribute on offense like last season and putrid on defense.
  • Delon - Good defense and plays well when aggressive, but doesn't provide what is needed of him. Unfit for his role.
  • Bogi - Inconsistent and tasked to do too much than he can handle.
  • Kevin - Inconsistent and not aggressive enough. 
  • Clint - Regressed from DPOY level last season. Touch is doodoo, but still an impact player. No longer superhuman
  • OO - I love him. High impact with room to grow.
  • JC - Great all around and floor raiser. Still has holes in areas, but usually reliable. 
  • Trae - Superstar, has weaknesses but usually reliable.

Clint, Bogi, Gallo are probably all gone next season.

JC and Kev gotta watch their backs. Both guys' intangibles and character are their saving grace. They impact winning but have a limited ceiling compared to others.

Dre and OO are impact players who have high potential on both sides of the court. The highest value players outside Trae. Possible All-NBA defense. They're gone only for a superstar.

When you look at the team, a shakeup might be inevitable. Not enough impact play from key vets who you would expect it from.

The problem with unloading Clint is our wing rebounding is practically non-existant. Clint is a top3 rebounder in the league and we desperately need that when most nights our wings are lucky to have 5 rebounds between the entire rotation. This was front and center in the Miami game where we were out-rebounded 54-37 by the likes of Yurtseven, Herro, and Caleb Martin. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Supes Podcast: Cam Reddish Trade

1. Cam Reddish Thoughts

2. Kevin Knox Thoughts

3. Overall Trade Thoughts

4. Potential Ben Simmons trade? 

5. Potential Ben Simmons fit? 

6. Potential fit for PHI with Collins and Hunter? 

7. Will the Hawks improve? 

8. If so, how much and can we end up potentially losing both deals? 

https://vocaroo.com/1joFtz69TSCM

I'm scared to listen ..... but I will.  This is probably an explosive ep.  

12 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

It’s a beautiful day

You're so nice, ma$e.  Never change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

The problem with unloading Clint is our wing rebounding is practically non-existant. Clint is a top3 rebounder in the league and we desperately need that when most nights our wings are lucky to have 5 rebounds between the entire rotation. This was front and center in the Miami game where we were out-rebounded 54-37 by the likes of Yurtseven, Herro, and Caleb Martin. 

That's true. But Clint can't really cover ground or protect Trae on D the way OO can. It's a sticky situation to be in.

OO gives up size and rebounding but improves our transition and perimeter defense. Travis has his hands full on the best way to handle this roster construction.

• Like 4