• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Screw it.  There are a few offers on the table for JC and the JC is available after Friday talk is valid.....but....there are a number of possible moves out there right now and this can go a few ways. 

As I stated 2 weeks ago, Bogie has been inquired about by a few teams and its possible he could be moved as well as part of a big deal with filler or possibly JC.....

okay Camp...exhale, breathe....go on.

The Philly thing is very hot and the move on Cam was about gathering assets that would be used in that or another deal. But know that pick and or both could/should be moved in a subsequent deal (nothing imminent tonight).  There is a multi-team deal that is possible but other teams aren't as hot to get something done as we are.

The rooks are not safe in this talk.  Teams want one thrown in....interestingly Coops name comes up more than JJ's.

There is very little interest around the league in Dieng or Wright except as salary filler but both have been discussed. The league seems to be in some state of belief that we're in a fire sale.

The phone can't stop ringing about Kevon. He's as hot a commodity as anyone. He's as close to safe as Trae/Capela but can be had if wow'd.  The league loves Huerter.

If a Philly trade goes down with us do you think we trade both hunter and Collins?  Or will we be able to keep one of the 2?  Thanks

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

All I'm saying is that its a good thing I don't drink or I'd be typing all sorts of crap late at night on here.

Come on, all of the cool ‘squawkers are doing it.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Thibs is not going to just hand Cam minutes. He's a very demanding coach.

From the article:

The Knicks acquired Reddish without freeing up playing time, which means the team will be crowded once everyone is healthy. So whose minutes does Reddish take? He was averaging 23.4 minutes per game so far this season in Atlanta to go with 11.9 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.1 assists on 40/38/90 shooting.

The Knicks need offensive help. They are 23rd in points per possession. But when everyone is healthy, they have a lot of guys who like to create.

Once Derrick Rose and Kemba Walker are back (and Walker could return from his left knee injury soon), they man the point. Barrett is beginning to show why he went third in the same draft as Reddish. He’s averaging 24.6 points per game over his last seven games.

Alec Burks has filled in at point guard and creates off the dribble. So does second-year spark plug Immanuel Quickley. Evan Fournier just signed an expensive, four-year contract this past summer and has been locked in as a starter. Obi Toppin is barely a year removed from the Knicks selecting him with the No. 8 pick, and he has the second-best on-off numbers on the team behind Quickley. Julius Randle, meanwhile, is the league’s reigning Most Improved Player and the squad’s leading creator.

That’s eight players — 10 once you add the two centers, Mitchell Robinson and Nerlens Noel. Taj Gibson is on the outside. So is Grimes, who is knocking down 3s and playing physical defense during his first NBA season. No question, with the addition of Reddish, at least one of those 10 will join Gibson and Grimes on the bench.

Reddish will play. You don’t trade a first-round pick for him not to. The question then becomes, do the Knicks view Reddish’s ideal role as the one he filled in Atlanta — spot-up shooting and guarding different-sized wings? Or do they believe he can play more like his high-school self?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Thibs is not going to just hand Cam minutes. He's a very demanding coach.

Exactly… if Cam has the same attitude up there that he did here then Thibodeau will just let him rot on the bench like Knox. Hell even Kemba was benched for awhile.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

I keep wondering how people see Cam as a "1st option". Dude doesn't pass the ball and shoots ~40% from 2.

He takes about 25% of his shots from 10ft to the 3pt line and is hitting a whopping 25% on those shots.

Cam is a volume kind of guy. Imagine if we already had a star player when we drafted Trae and told him that he had to not only play without the ball, but he could only get 10 shots a night. Remember Trae's shooting % before this season and apply that to coming off the bench and playing off of another player who gets to hunt 20+ shots a night and finds another 20 or so looks for his big men each game. Then there is a log jam at the same position.

Im not saying that Cam is Trae, but what I am saying is that he needs a TON of shots for his efficiency to climb to even respectable. He is not a pure shooter, but he can get hot and put up buckets when allowed to miss a couple and still get the ball back. 

I think with an expanded role and focus on him, he is easily a Brandon Ingram type player. But as long as he shares the court with multiple guys that are ahead of him in the pecking order, he won't get the kind of volume attempts that will make him worth your while.

I don't see that happening in NY. He needs to be on a rebuilding team that will let him play through his mistakes and get him the ball. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Cam and Dre are like best friends and reportedly INSEPARABLE off the court. I wonder if Cam was so unhappy, what does that mean about Dre, with whom Cam would have been confiding in this whole time?

Nothing because the only reason Cam was unhappy was because of contract negotiations.  Dre knows he's going to get that bag now. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, phoostal said:

So let's give him a pass to curse constantly at people,  put people on list and ridicule people that have different opinions than him (like he is the be all end all on the hawks). Cool now that I know the rules. 

It will not be continuing. I'm trying to let people get over the trade for a day or two, but that's it. And I don't care who they are or who their sources are.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Cam and Dre are like best friends and reportedly INSEPARABLE off the court. I wonder if Cam was so unhappy, what does that mean about Dre, with whom Cam would have been confiding in this whole time?

Nothing because that's one less guy in his way. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think with an expanded role and focus on him, he is easily a Brandon Ingram type player.

I think this is how people get evaluated wrong.  There is nothing easy about being Brandon Ingram.  Cam makes similar plays, and can look like Ingram when he's hot, but then he falls back to earth for a bunch of games.  A lot of bench players in the NBA can get hot, like anytime they play us, but there are very few Brandon Ingrams who bring it every night.  I think Cam gets projected as a Brandon Ingram, but he's not really that guy.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Chet will bust.  Mark my words.

Normal I’d agree with you but look at what that frail lil pip squeak scurry did with that 11 year old body. Just saying this ain’t your uncle’s Oakley and Willis days, you can be a skilled 🐀 and make it.