• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Cam was the 10th pick from a stacked draft and we just traded him for a future pick in the 20s. 

A useful player and/or better pick is what i was expecting.

Based on his time with the Hawks, a pick in the 20s is probably fair value. He is not an established player, he is still an upside play three years in. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's crazy how you are the voice of reason on this. A lot of these Hawks fans tell themselves all of this negative about Cam to make themselves feel better about an awful trade. We did this when we drafted Marvin and Shelden. We did this when we traded initially traded Nique. This is what fans do till reality hits. 

I don't and never have bashed players who basically get hit pieces wrote on them as soon as they leave regardless of willingly or unwillingly. Atlanta been had this man on the trade block for over a year but he's the one with the hit piece written about him from someone who really never cared for him or anyone on the Hawks outside of JC and Baze in the first place. 

"Hawk fans" are disappointing me in this thread at this time. I could put you on the trade block, basically upheave your life constantly not knowing where you will be and come out as the good guy. Delusions of a fanbase you ask me. At least for Cam, his little brother plays in Albany, NY so he's gonna have fam close by. 

Cam wanted out.  He asked out.  What do you want of Travis?  Cam's value will only go down further and further the longer we hold him, especially since teams know he doesn't want to be here.  Cam clearly didn't want to develop into a plus-player while he worked on his game.  He could have taken the Jaylen Brown approach and been a very good 3&D guy while working on other aspects of his offensive game, but he didn't want to commit to playing defense and didn't want to be a spot up shooter. 

So genuinely asking, what would you have done if you were Travis Schlenk?

• Like 3

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Cam wanted out.  He asked out.  What do you want of Travis?  Cam's value will only go down further and further the longer we hold him, especially since teams know he doesn't want to be here.  Cam clearly didn't want to develop into a plus-player while he worked on his game.  He could have taken the Jaylen Brown approach and been a very good 3&D guy while working on other aspects of his offensive game, but he didn't want to commit to playing defense and didn't want to be a spot up shooter. 

Wait.  It's hard to imagine that the offers would be worse than this in the offseason.  I'm just not sure what we've accomplished here.   Are the Hawks better?  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Wait.  It's hard to imagine that the offers would be worse than this in the offseason.  I'm just not sure what we've accomplished here.   Are the Hawks better?  

No we are not better.   You are right, offseason offers would have been better.   Lakers pick, Memphis pick, even NY pick.

Right now, NY is laughing at us because we folded like a tent. 

Did you know that Cam led the team in deflections?

Today we are weaker...  Our lockerroom better be better. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We've removed a player that clearly refused to play within his defined role, wasn't happy, and seemingly causing some tension in the locker room because of the way he was playing (selfishly).

We also removed the player that was taking the 5th most shots on the team and had the worst net rating, so yes, we're literally better now by playing other guys instead of Cam... I would have loved for the situation to have been better, but I respect Travis for getting Cam into a situation that he wants to be in rather than hold him hostage for longer.  That's how you build a good reputation with other players as well.

All of this is either exaggerated or speaks to a bigger problem.   How in the world does a player who vocally wants to leave the team and refuses to play his defined role end up with the 5th most shots on the team?   I mean why is this guy getting his butt off the bench.   To me that's more concerning.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Travis put him on the block way before he asked out and keep him. Sabonis and Turner have asked out, do you see Indy trading him for scraps. The entire NBA knew Atlanta had him on the block, what do you expect his value to be? You keep Cam till he's a FA and you make 100% certainty you got the max you can out of him like NO did with Ball. When you do what Atlanta has done and bail early, it just shows weakness as a GM/POO. This is the pro sports, do you know how many times guys ask out for whatever reason? Kobe asked out of LA before, but has he played with any team outside of the Lakers? No. Stop this bullshit man. Hawks scabbed his name around in the last year and a half. Not the other way around. I understand you hate Cam, so you got it in your feelings to blame him but I am not. I think it's bullshit you make a hit piece once he's gone. You could have noted this before that he wanted out but you didn't. Zion has wanted out, do you see him being traded. Ben Simmons. So many players in this league have asked out but do you see them traded for scraps? 

Kill that noise. We got garbage back for value we paid a premium for. I don't see how you can make excuses on this shit. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aali34 said:

I don't know.

Travis usually knows when to cut bait on a guy thats not doing what is expected of them. Omari and Bruno being examples. He also honors trade requests and doesn't hold players hostage. Rondo and Baze are good examples of this.

The timing being so early instead of at the deadline makes it easy to see that Cam wanted out.

I don't think a bunch of people are bashing Cam, people are just disappointed in everyone involved.

Bruno and Omari can't come back to bite you in the ass. Cam can, that's why he's a dumbass for doing the deal in the first place. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

All of this is either exaggerated or speaks to a bigger problem.   How in the world does a player who vocally wants to leave the team and refuses to play his defined role end up with the 5th most shots on the team?   I mean why is this guy getting his butt off the bench.   To me that's more concerning.  

I heard that TLC wanted to leave too... but Nate keeps putting him in the game. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

No we are not better.   You are right, offseason offers would have been better.   Lakers pick, Memphis pick, even NY pick.

Right now, NY is laughing at us because we folded like a tent. 

Did you know that Cam led the team in deflections?

Today we are weaker...  Our lockerroom better be better. 

It's gonna be fun to see how the boys deflect once games start being played. @JeffS17 out here acting as if he's TS assistant. I hope he gets paid because (RECKONING ~lw3) season is starting real soon and I am not letting up. 

• Haha 2

Just now, marco102 said:

Just outrageous.

I read it this morning. It just continues to bring up, the desperation of Travis Schlenk and trade deals. TS fanboys can make excuses but he doesn't make smart trades. His negotiation is all that honesty BS and just telling it like it is, he is not shrewd. We hired a professional scout to run our organization. I hate Ferry cocky, entitled and bigoted ass but he runs circles around TS as a GM. If only he had an eye for talent and had balls like TS does, he would have landed Giannis and would still be here as well as good drafts. His eye for talent is trash. I could have drafted better with my eyes closed than him. He just doesn't have a feel for talent. TS does. I've give him that. He's special at that but running a team, trades, building a team. Man, TS is over his head. He's a damn scout. He's not a team builder. 

That's why I continue to say, he's the one GM, I know other GMs likely feel they can get over on him. 

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Look I'm upset too, but the way you are falling off the deep end is really just a bit much. 

It is not the end of the world. You are still here and im assuming your family is healthy. Put things in prospective. Cam Reddish getting traded is just a guy going to another team. We all will be alright.

No we won't and he's not a JAG. You are telling yourself that now but when this backfires and it will, we will be the ones with egg on our face. I've seen this story far too many times. You never trade extremely talented players for scrubs or middling assets. You NEVER do that. Because they aren't many extremely talented players around and the risk is much higher than the reward. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I read it this morning. It just continues to bring up, the desperation of Travis Schlenk and trade deals. TS fanboys can make excuses but he doesn't make smart trades. His negotiation is all that honesty BS and just telling it like it is, he is not shrewd. We hired a professional scout to run our organization. I hate Ferry cocky, entitled and bigoted ass but he runs circles around TS as a GM. If only he had an eye for talent and had balls like TS does, he would have landed Giannis and would still be here as well as good drafts. His eye for talent is trash. I could have drafted better with my eyes closed than him. He just doesn't have a feel for talent. TS does. I've give him that. He's special at that but running a team, trades, building a team. Man, TS is over his head. He's a damn scout. He's not a team builder. 

That's why I continue to say, he's the one GM, I know other GMs likely feel they can get over on him. 

Not trying to go down that rabbit hole, but characterizing Ferry as bigoted for reading a remark off a scouting report is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but what happened to Ferry was just a take down from our selfish petty owner who cared more about his own interests than the reputation and standing of the organization. 

• Like 3