• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The reports were that the Lakers were in heavy pursuit of Cam.

I wonder what the offer was?

They probably offered their first (2023) and Nunn??

But Nunn is injured and may not play this season.  And the Lakers 2023 first with protections is probably not going to get it for us. 

Maybe they offered Baze & Ariza??  - NOPE.

They probably didn't offer Monk.. who put on a show for us. 

Would they have offered THT for Cam and Dieng?

Not really moved by THT because he is small and can't shoot.

2 2nds and minimum salary match.

Just now, JeffS17 said:

We just disagree -- it's okay.  Your value of Cam is just much much higher than mine.  I see him as a very high upside player that has not fulfilled his potential and every game that passes, looks more and more like he won't.  And he's not a team guy so there will always be issues with that.  And I judge trades based on the context/situation the trade was made.  If Cam goes on to be an all-star, I don't think that has anything to do with this trade.  No one KNOWS he will be an all-star which is why his value is so low.  And he doesn't want to be in Atlanta anyways.

-TS Assistant

There are things you do and don't do. Even by your own admission, Cam is a very high upside player. Players like that, you keep till you gotta pay them at the moment. You do not move them for anything less. When you move them for midding assets. Middling assets have a value. That value at best is Grayson Allen level. AT BEST! On average, it's TLC or Bazemore level. When Atlanta traded Bruno and Omari for nothing, if Omari gave GS just anything, it's a win for GS but he gave them nothing. If Cam is just TLC or Baze level. It's expected. If Cam is a good rotational player or worse, a star or superstar. It's unexplainable. Especially when you consider the Hawks aren't even a winning team. It's not like we were the Blazers when we traded JO and they were the best team in the West. This team basically traded Cam Reddish for Grayson Allen value and they aren't even a playoff team right now. They suck! Man, this has extreme upside to go bad. 

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

But Nunn is injured and may not play this season.  And the Lakers 2023 first with protections is probably not going to get it for us. 

Two second round picks is what they offered.

• Moderators
Just now, bleachkit said:

What if we get a good player at pick #20, or use it in an important trade.

You think anyone is going to recognize that?   I'm not saying this couldn't turn out to be a win for the Hawks.  I'm just saying that the perception is we gave away Cam to the Knicks and if he ends up being good it's another "Hawks are a joke franchise" nail in the coffin.    It may not happen.  I hope it doesn't but it's possible.   Trade him anywhere out side the north east and this could not happen. 

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Who said star.  If he's just a good rotation player for the Knicks we'll never live this trade down. 

Won't matter as long as we are winning and going deep in the playoffs.

Like we stopped caring when people said we lost the Luka trade. 

Winning cures all.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

• Moderators
Just now, marco102 said:

Won't matter as long as we are winning and going deep in the playoffs.

Like we stopped carrying when people said we lost the Luka trade. 

Winning cures all.

No doubt.   But right now we are no closer to winning because of this.  Hopefully that changes. 

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

You think anyone is going to recognize that?   I'm not saying this couldn't turn out to be a win for the Hawks.  I'm just saying that the perception is we gave away Cam to the Knicks and if he ends up being good it's another "Hawks are a joke franchise" nail in the coffin.    It may not happen.  I hope it doesn't but it's possible.   Trade him anywhere out side the north east and this could not happen. 

I feel like you guys are more worried about perception and hindsight... if you buy a lottery ticket and you lose, is that a bad purchase?  If you buy one and you win, is that a good purchase?  The answer is it's a bad purchase no matter what.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I feel like you guys are more worried about perception and hindsight... if you buy a lottery ticket and you lose, is that a bad purchase?  If you buy one and you win, is that a good purchase?  The answer is it's a bad purchase no matter what.

don't you agree that the perception of the Hawks not being a good franchise has been a huge hinderance to acquiring and keeping great players?   I'm not worried about twitter trolls.  I'm worried about us continuing to be looked at as a B or C level franchise by players.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Reputation is given due to perception and hindsight. Do you not realize that? How do you get evaluated at your job? 

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

don't you agree that the perception of the Hawks not being a good franchise has been a huge hinderance to acquiring and keeping great players?   I'm not worried about twitter trolls.  I'm worried about us continuing to be looked at as a B or C level franchise by players.  

And keeping a player around that doesn’t want to be here will not have an impact on this perception among players? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Don't you agree that our general manager respecting player wishes and moving them in to better situations will matter more to players than how the Hawks management was viewed 20 years ago when half these guys weren't alive?

Even the Lakers were viewed as Trash before LBJ went there by some of these young players.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I think from a player perspective our perception is probably better than it was -- we got a guy to a place he wanted to be.  We got fair value for it and that type of positive FO-player relationships over time will make us a better destination.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Supposedly it was two second rounders and filler. 

Just now, h4wkfan said:

And keeping a player around that doesn’t want to be here will not have an impact on this perception among players? 

Have you ever followed the NBA? There are a lot of teams with guys who want out where the team's perception is great.