• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Because I enjoy seeing Supes get riled up.  If Knox is Ass, this makes Cam???

Cam defensive rating 

2019 - 115

2020 - 113

2021 - 115

Kevin Knox defensive rating - average 2 points / 100 better.

2019 - 114

2020 - 110

2021 - 112

Cam Offensive rating

2019 - 95

2020 - 100

2021 - 104

Kevin Knox Offensive rating - average 2.67 points/100 better.

2019 - 97

2020 - 104

2021 - 106

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47uyxqimtg5qkgtpy0tp

Wait a minute, rilin' dudes is my job.  Stay in your lane, bro.  Your lane is providing loosely accurate intel.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475josy2yjrs2lfmwrcr

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Because I enjoy seeing Supes get riled up.  If Knox is Ass, this makes Cam???

Cam defensive rating 

2019 - 115

2020 - 113

2021 - 115

Kevin Knox defensive rating - average 2 points / 100 better.

2019 - 114

2020 - 110

2021 - 112

Cam Offensive rating

2019 - 95

2020 - 100

2021 - 104

Kevin Knox Offensive rating - average 2.67 points/100 better.

2019 - 97

2020 - 104

2021 - 106

Holy hell that is colder than Trae's icy nipples.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

To our insiders @thecampster  @Sothron  @NBASupes

Why Reddish initially put on the trade block last season?  TS could have picked any of our wings that were on their rookie contracts at the time.  Why him?

work ethic pre-LP firing and the faux injury he used to get in shape.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

And it is what it is. 

You don't know anything about Cam's value. You are speculating. Travis and the front office are the only ones that know. 

If you take the emotion out of it. We paid the players we decided to pay and got the player we didn't want to pay to the situation he wanted. Was the return what I liked? No, do I know what they will do with the pick? No.

All im saying is all these doomsday scenarios are a bit over the top. We can't change it. Accept it and hope it was the right move.

No, I'm not a GM.  But in 37 years of watching the draft, watching free agency, monitoring the trade deadline, watching how many hundreds of hours of NBA basketball, reading forums, etc...  I've seen enough to make an educated guess.  Cam is worth a Top 18 protected FRP and filler.

He's also worth holding out on and seeing what else transpires.  Even if you just plant him on the bench.  I'm not saying we didn't do the right thing in trading him.  I'm saying this isn't the move right now - I'd also have preferred to package him in a better deal.  Even as a throw in it helps to save face.  Which I personally feel is important for THIS franchise - which has value in the long run, but if you haven't followed the team for as long as someone like me, you might not get it.

I've been a fan of this team for decades and have had these kinds of conversations with people over and over again.  So, I'm not going to merry go round over it.  I get where you guys are coming from and I get where Supes is coming from.  Not every GM makes the right choice though and sometimes people like us do know better. 

There were MANY people on here who were adamant that Billy Knight's vision was right, he played the game so he knew better than us, and that Chris Paul was too short.

...and some of us said that this team full of forwards needs a PG, THAT specific point guard.

Some people were happy that Pete Babcock brought Shareef Abdur-Rahim home.

...and some of us held more value in lottery picks and preferred to hold on to Pau Gasol.

Some posters cheered that Bobby Sura and the mercenaries were allowed to "win every game possible" 

...and some of us understood that we were eliminated from the playoffs long before that and should be tanking for draft position.

Some fans didn't want to rebuild through the draft, for years dogged it as a crapshoot, and disagreed with Schlenk.

...and some of us were excited to have access to guys at the top of the lottery...like Trae, Luka, Hunter, Cam, and Okongwu.

The GM isn't always right and fans aren't always wrong simply because we don't "get paid to know basketball."  I've given my opinion on this trade.  I'll give my opinion again for the record and move on from the merry-go-round:

Cam Reddish is not the kind of talent that you just dump.  This needs to be the precursor to another move, Knox needs to be a better or equal prospect, and/or hopefully Schlenk has done his due diligence and understands Cam's ceiling better than how this looks.  I'm not saying this WILL come back to bite us in the ass NOR am I saying we CAN get better now or later.  I'm saying if this is it, then the better option would have been to wait this out all the way to free agency.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Faux?

The achilles injury early last year was not as bad as reported. They wanted him working on ligament strength, joint strength and he wasn't doing so. It was part of his beef with LP. LP had work he wanted Cam to do and Cam did only enough to appease. The joint/ligament work was to improve his shot which had variations due to strength. The injury provided cover for the team to oversee his work in this area. Its why he looked bigger when he came back and over the summer. Weight work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Hey, other Mac or @macdaddy if you will.  I’m getting the sense you fear the mystique of…the Knicks?

Tell me, how has every recent star player who’s played there gone on to be remembered in history?  Even Ewing caught tremendous slander.  How’s the current pub on Randle?  He was just the toast of the town 8 months ago.

This town will absolutely prop you up in a second….and then knock you down in the matter of a week if you don’t deliver something substantial.  Yet this trade is being talked about as if it’ll be shoved down the Hawks’ throats forever.  Do you know how fricking good Cam Reddish would have to be for that to be the case?  Babe Ruth good.  Not just individually but from a team success standpoint otherwise the media will just treat him as another hohum transaction by May…if he’s lucky…if they turn their telescopes on him it could get ugly. 

That's only partially true.   Look at all the Knick players recently who are pretty average but treated like they are something.   Yeah they are spitting out Randle now because he's not that good.  But he wasnt' that good last year either.  He played well but in the end he was who he was.   Knick fans are really not smart on the whole (did i say that?), but that doesn't really matter. 

You'd think D Rose was Chris Paul the way he's treated.   Friggin Thibs won COY of the year just by having a very average team.   Mitchell Robinson, RJ Barrett these are just pretty good players.

Sure NY will sour on you but that's not going to change the perception that we got robbed if Cam even has a decent few months. 

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

The achilles injury early last year was not as bad as reported. They wanted him working on ligament strength, joint strength and he wasn't doing so. It was part of his beef with LP. LP had work he wanted Cam to do and Cam did only enough to appease. The joint/ligament work was to improve his shot which had variations due to strength. The injury provided cover for the team to oversee his work in this area. Its why he looked bigger when he came back and over the summer. Weight work.

It happened but wasn't as bad as the team made it out to be. Basically it was a benching while he got in better basketball shape. Kid was in shape but needed work on his body. You can see the difference if you look at photos of him preseason last year and preseason this year.

• Thanks 1