• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, txsting said:

I don't get the angle of "why to NYK"?  I mean, if you don't like his game and future value enough to move him, it means you think he's not helping you win.  I want to help NYK not win.  This should help bigly.

First, you have to remove the idea that I'm a "Cam-stan."  I'm not.  I REALLY liked him, but I have never been blind to his flaws.  My thing is timing and circumstance...I'm a believer that this is where make or break decisions are made.  I say this only to help you guys understand where I'm coming from, but I'm a cybersecurity engineer by trade - my job is literally statistical outliers, and qualitative/quantitative analysis. It's not that I don't understand logical analysis...and the fact that I've watched the game for nearly 40 years should also help you guys understand that I "get it."

There are other factors at work here that give me a lot of pause over this deal.  To answer your question specifically, from a practical standpoint, you try not to deal within your conference.  Not unless you have no other choice and...I don't know how many times I can say this, but it's hard for me to accept that there was NO other choice but to deal with NY.  But, none of us are in that front office so...it is what it is.  Hopefully he continues to be the "same ol' Cam."

Which I also want to point out, I'm not upset because I think, "ZOMG he's gonna be the next Tracy McGrady!!!!111!!!  We sux it!"  I'm worried that IF he does, we will never hear the end of it and he'll be in NY so it'll be magnified AND it will be a stumbling block to our own progress that WE put there.  I don't know how anyone who has followed this franchise over the last 20-30 years can not be worried about the stigma of ineptitude that surrounds our franchise.  If you're just going the troll route of, "hee hee he sux so they gonna sux moar" then I'm going to just bow out and give it to you homie.  I'm too old for that stuff.

Side note and for a bit of lol - I really don't get the folks wishing him well.  He is not Hawks, so by default he is the enemy now.  I hope he fails and is every bit the scrub that you some of guys say he is. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

By your admission, Knox >>>> Hunter. I can't wait till you see your favorite player in a Hawks uniform 

Not at all, but what I'm saying is from "team" vantage point vs media spin or playing time vantage point, their impact on winning is negligible at best.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Alotta interesting info popping up about Cam. Hoping it's not a smear campaign, but everything fits together too well for it not to be grounded in some truth. When there is smoke there is fire. 

Faux injuries? The way Goodwin's blood clots were secretly handled makes this seem probable.

It was always weird seeing all the young guy's come back each off-season with clear progression and Cam lagging behind. This year he made some jumps but it wasn't enough sadly.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So in summation, a protected 1st and Knox was not exactly a homerun, most evaluations have New York winning the trade. But there was tension with Cam and the team, so repairing that relationship was likely untenable, and we decided to move on. 

But before the 'tension between teammates'  Cam was already on the block and Supes even mentioned that the team was not pleased with his offseason work after the shutdown. He did not return in the shape the team expected for his 2nd season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

First, you have to remove the idea that I'm a "Cam-stan."  I'm not.  I REALLY liked him, but I have never been blind to his flaws.  My thing is timing and circumstance...I'm a believer that this is where make or break decisions are made.  I say this only to help you guys understand where I'm coming from, but I'm a cybersecurity engineer by trade - my job is literally statistical outliers, and qualitative/quantitative analysis. It's not that I don't understand logical analysis...and the fact that I've watched the game for nearly 40 years should also help you guys understand that I "get it."

There are other factors at work here that give me a lot of pause over this deal.  To answer your question specifically, from a practical standpoint, you try not to deal within your conference.  Not unless you have no other choice and...I don't know how many times I can say this, but it's hard for me to accept that there was NO other choice but to deal with NY.  But, none of us are in that front office so...it is what it is.  Hopefully he continues to be the "same ol' Cam."

Which I also want to point out, I'm not upset because I think, "ZOMG he's gonna be the next Tracy McGrady!!!!111!!!  We sux it!"  I'm worried that IF he does, we will never hear the end of it and he'll be in NY so it'll be magnified AND it will be a stumbling block to our own progress that WE put there.  I don't know how anyone who has followed this franchise over the last 20-30 years can not be worried about the stigma of ineptitude that surrounds our franchise.  If you're just going the troll route of, "hee hee he sux so they gonna sux moar" then I'm going to just bow out and give it to you homie.  I'm too old for that stuff.

Side note and for a bit of lol - I really don't get the folks wishing him well.  He is not Hawks, so by default he is the enemy now.  I hope he fails and is every bit the scrub that you some of guys say he is. lol

I like when we lay out our qualifications and then trot out the same argument.  It makes sense though - engineers usually can't communicate so well.

And it takes one to see it - I'm a 20+ year data engineer at a national laboratory.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Not at all, but what I'm saying is from "team" vantage point vs media spin or playing time vantage point, their impact on winning is negligible at best.

That's exactly what you said or you wouldn't have said it for daps when it came to Cam.

I want to see Knox 3x better than Hunter based on your post.

Edited by NBASupes

I do agree with my guy @NBASupes that the Kirschner article is basically a hit-piece.  It's something CK does often and basically every time someone leaves and I think he should be called out on it.

That said, it's probably not 100% fabricated.  The tone of it is that it was probably time for a change of scenery although the return we got was bad.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, thecampster said:

It happened but wasn't as bad as the team made it out to be. Basically it was a benching while he got in better basketball shape. Kid was in shape but needed work on his body. You can see the difference if you look at photos of him preseason last year and preseason this year.

That makes sense how they were vague about timelines, and even what the injury was. It felt like something was askew.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I do agree with my guy @NBASupes that the Kirschner article is basically a hit-piece.  It's something CK does often and basically every time someone leaves and I think he should be called out on it.

That said, it's probably not 100% fabricated.  The tone of it is that it was probably time for a change of scenery although the return we got was bad.

Kirschner is telling them the Hawk's side of the story. If Cam wants to reach out CK to tell his side of the story, I'm sure sure CK would oblige. But for players, usually it's not even worth it as the negative attention keeps the story alive when they are more interested in trying to get a fresh start.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47cl2v4izkwehaguy8bh

So .... you don't like cheeseburgers?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47cl2v4izkwehaguy8bh

Who doesn't like cheeseburgers?  When did ya'll even have this conversation?  Did I miss the food discussion?

🙃

Dude, you've seen the training videos of me and the dog. You can't see that photo and think I don't like any food (okay not a fan of Indian).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Me: I like potato chips

Supes: So you hate cheeseburgers then.

Me: no, let me say it again. I like potato chips and I like Mello Yello.

Supes: How the hell do you hate ice cream?

Me: dude, I like ice cream too.

Supes: "Ha so you do hate cheeseburgers!"

Let's analyze!

39 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Because I enjoy seeing Supes get riled up.  If Knox is Ass, this makes Cam???

Cam defensive rating 

2019 - 115

2020 - 113

2021 - 115

Kevin Knox defensive rating - average 2 points / 100 better.

2019 - 114

2020 - 110

2021 - 112

Cam Offensive rating

2019 - 95

2020 - 100

2021 - 104

Kevin Knox Offensive rating - average 2.67 points/100 better.

2019 - 97

2020 - 104

2021 - 106

You got 7 daps for this post which is, if Knox is ass. What does that make Cam, see his offensive rating and defensive rating. 

So, if this is the case, Cam has a superior offensive and defensive rating to Hunter. What does that make him in comparison to Kevin Knox? The worst player in the NBA since Knox by NBASupes admissions is ass right?

Answer that @thecampster

you got a lot of burn quotes and LOL! In response to me for this quoted post. So what is Hunter? The worst player in the NBA? Knox is superior based on your "burn" of me?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Me: I like potato chips

Supes: So you hate cheeseburgers then.

Me: no, let me say it again. I like potato chips and I like Mello Yello.

Supes: How the hell do you hate ice cream?

Me: dude, I like ice cream too.

Supes: "Ha so you do hate cheeseburgers!"

I don't think Supes is saying that Cam is a better player RIGHT NOW, but that he is far and away the better prospect. I think most would agree with that sentiment. Stats don't speak to intangibles like ability to get up a clean look (even if Cam clanks most of them right now)

• Like 3