• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

8 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I don't really see the parallel with Crawford though, other than Squawk reactionary posting - 

That’s the parallel I was pointing to.  That and my opinion that this trade is firmly closer toward the Jo. Craw end of the spectrum than the franchise altering end that those other deals represented.  We can surely take opposite stances in the interim but the only recourse is time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

That’s the parallel I was pointing to.  That and my opinion that this trade is firmly closer toward the Jo. Craw end of the spectrum than the franchise altering end that those other deals represented.  We can surely take opposite stances in the interim but the only recourse is time.

...and this is where I want to make sure people understand where I'm at.  I do believe that Cam's value/potential is considerably further away from someone like Crawford's.  However, I am NOT by any stretch of the imagination saying that he is definitively going to make us pay for it.  I AM saying there is enough potential in him that I would not risk it like this...not for JUST this value and not to the Knicks.  This is where you guys can force feed me crow in the years to come lol

I hope so much that you are correct and I'm really hoping that Schlenk earns his paycheck here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Let's look at last years net rating since the sample size is larger:

image.png

Cam and Hunter both have issues staying on the court.  Hunter was excellent last year before the injury.  They had 26 and 23 games played.  Cam is so bad he looks like a data outlier here.  Now look at this year: the only consistent theme is Cam at the top of the list.  And he's played almost every game... 

image.png

This matches the eye test as well.  You can argue Reddish's potential until you're blue in the face but no one can deny he's been a loser on the court for us.

This shows exactly why I've always said that the WINGS are the problem with the Hawks, more than anything else.  

It also shows why I trust Huerter over any of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Like This: 🤢

I've been trying to tell ya'll the wings are the problem, despite Trae supposedly being the WOAT on defense.

The wings, if they are not making shots, are NOT making other types of winning plays.  And they frequently get lost just like this.

Matter of fact, I think I may have commented on this very play in that thread.

I wonder if this is why John and Bogi were exchanging words during a timeout.   JC was busting his ass trying to run out to the 3 point line, and Bogi is clueless the dude is even out there until he sees JC running.

Trae's fault though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cavs didn't love the intel on Cam Reddish

i_55_87_a2_cam-reddish.png?w=190

Chris Fedor: I was told that though the Cavs had expressed interest in Cam Reddish in the past, and they checked in on his availability with the Atlanta Hawks… one thing that I’m told from a source is that the intel that they got back was not flattering when it came to Cam Reddish.

4 hours ago  via Spotify

Top Rumors, Trade, Cam Reddish, Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks

Its starting to come out.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Cavs didn't love the intel on Cam Reddish

i_55_87_a2_cam-reddish.png?w=190

Chris Fedor: I was told that though the Cavs had expressed interest in Cam Reddish in the past, and they checked in on his availability with the Atlanta Hawks… one thing that I’m told from a source is that the intel that they got back was not flattering when it came to Cam Reddish.

4 hours ago  via Spotify

Top Rumors, Trade, Cam Reddish, Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks

Its starting to come out.

That HoopsHype tidbit links to a 42 minute Cavs podcast.  What relevant intel are they even talking about?  The headline is general.  

48 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

That HoopsHype tidbit links to a 42 minute Cavs podcast.  What relevant intel are they even talking about?  The headline is general.  

Just the work ethic stuff, ignoring coaches...that sort of thing. I don't think the podcast goes into detail.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I vote we just let the horse die on this one.

Even if the 'stuff' is true, just let the kid get on with his life/career. 

I would agree with you but there is a bigger story to be told here and will be tied to us for a while being the 2nd half of the Luka deal.

• Thanks 3

Ironically, I am the opposite of Wretch's perspective, I want success for everybody, even dudes who abandon our team.  However, if fans are gonna thrash our GM and organization because we let Cam get away for such little compensation, why are people so hesitant to want to understand the details?  Why would teams not offer more?  What kind of antics was Cam doing that hurt the chemistry of the team?  

It's very weird to me that Cam got so coddled and yet was a very flawed player.  He did not really perform well for us, and now there are multiple reports of selfishness and attitude problems.  Guys are still Cam supporters in spite of all of that, and then we should brush all these reports under the rug?  Meanwhile it's cool for people to talk like this will be a permanent black eye on our organization....but just don't read any negative stories about Cam. 

He got coddled as a player, and now he should be coddled for anything he might have done wrong?  This is a professional athlete getting paid millions of dollars.  Shock pieces with little substance are not cool, but if there are facts that teams backed away from Cam because of his character....we deserve to know that.  

I want Cam to succeed and grow as a person, truly.  But I also think there is never harm in getting the truth.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Ironically, I am the opposite of Wretch's perspective, I want success for everybody, even dudes who abandon our team.  However, if fans are gonna thrash our GM and organization because we let Cam get away for such little compensation, why are people so hesitant to want to understand the details?  Why would teams not offer more?  What kind of antics was Cam doing that hurt the chemistry of the team?  

This is why I repeat myself alot...lol I try to make sure that I'm clear in my opinion.  I want to know EVERY BIT of that as well.  The more that has come out about Cam the happier I am that he's gone.  We just had this amazing run that he had very little input in, city is buzzing at an all time high, he's got so much support from the fans - and he just turns his back on all that because it's about HIM.  That's trash and while I don't agree with the timing or the return, I understand why Travis made the move for the betterment of the team.

*edit - I also firmly believe in Travis as a GM.  He's got all the respect in the world from me.

It's very weird to me that Cam got so coddled and yet was a very flawed player.  He did not really perform well for us, and now there are multiple reports of selfishness and attitude problems.  Guys are still Cam supporters in spite of all of that, and then we should brush all these reports under the rug?  Meanwhile it's cool for people to talk like this will be a permanent black eye on our organization....but just don't read any negative stories about Cam. 

I was (and still am) a firm believer in his TALENT.  Until these reports started coming out, I was also a Cam supporter - in that I felt he should be getting more love/attention/patience within the offense.  Obviously with the reports that came out shortly after the trade my opinion on the support side of things has done a 180.

Regardless of whether or not he grows up into a prick or not, if he becomes an All-Star and we don't follow this up with something - it's going to haunt us.  I'm not even sure why we have to debate that *scratches head*...  I'm not arguing HOW MUCH it will matter to everyone, because everybody is affected by things differently.  I'm only saying it IS going to matter and my opinion is that we're never going to hear the end of it.  Again ***IF*** he does extremely well and ***IF*** we do nothing else with the assets returned for him.

In a vacuum, in and of itself, I don't like this deal.  Almost all of us don't and that pretty much never happens here.

He got coddled as a player, and now he should be coddled for anything he might have done wrong?  This is a professional athlete getting paid millions of dollars.  Shock pieces with little substance are not cool, but if there are facts that teams backed away from Cam because of his character....we deserve to know that.  

Agreed.

I want Cam to succeed and grow as a person, truly.  But I also think there is never harm in getting the truth.  

I absolutely 100% disagree with the first sentence and I hope he's fighting for playing time in some Euro league in 2 years lol
I 100% agree with the second sentence.

On a final note, and for the record again, in a vacuum, f*** this trade.  I would rather have:

• Used him as a "throw in"/sweetener on a blockbuster - which I still feel we need to acquire a legit #2
  • Waited until the draft to use him to move up
  • SNT even if we got a garbage return - and that's what this is
  • Matched him in FA'cy or let him walk if the price is steep

I KNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOW we got something and some of you (maybe a lot of you) feel like getting something right now and improving the locker room is better than letting him walk for nothing.  I feel like....f*** his feelings,  we could have gotten this particular something any day of the week, and we should have exhausted all of the above before sending him to the Knicks for an "I < 3 NY" keychain and half a bottle of Mr. Boston a month before the trade deadline.

K... I'm done lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Cam ran and controlled an international gun running cartel. He has a double life as a mob boss. Cavs were concerned those activities could detract from his game.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Cam ran and controlled an international gun running cartel. He has a double life as a mob boss. Cavs were concerned those activities could detract from his game.

LOL, I listened to the podcast (skimmed) and listened to the bit about Cam.  Interesting note was when the guy not in the know mentioned them not like the intel, the other guy confirmed it.  The Intel was the same stuff I've been saying. Didn't cooperate with LP, wanted more shots, more features. Wanted 1v1 opportunities and only wanted to play D when it was Cam disrupting his man. 

I'm not crapping on him, just laying out what it is.  He was interested in his next contract and didn't feel he could justify a good contract being 4th banana in a 4 wing rotation.  Solo getting minutes over him seems to have been the start of it.

• Thanks 3

Knox, who hasn’t talked to the media since preseason, is said to be thrilled at the trade, which will bring him closer to his hometown of Tampa, Fla. “There’s not many miles on the Rolls Royce,” Knox Sr. said.

• Like 4