• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

I don't accept the locker room, trade demand stuff as a valid excuse. There is no situation in the NBA more toxic than Simmons and the Sixers. If they can be patient and wait for the right deal then we could have too with Cam. 

At this point I am convinced that his value around the league was not as high as we believed it to be. 

I am convinced the Knicks knew this and that's why they pulled Grimes off the tables at the last minute. They probably had whatever "intel" was floating around and decided to leverage it against us assuming we had no back up plan.

In the end, we did not HAVE to move him. If he was toxic then you tell him to stay home and fine him with conduct detrimental to the team. It clearly wasn't that bad, so we should not have felt obligated to move him.

Again, players are unhappy all the time, but that does not force your hand IF they are truly a commodity. 

Cam's value had to have been plummeting for Schlenk to accept this deal after playing hardball with our assets for so long.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If they can be patient and wait for the right deal then we could have too with Cam. 

Ben is locked in on a max for years, they have the "luxury" (not really) of waiting.  Sixers waiting doesn't really change the situation much, just possible that more players become available (like how we're now open to trading for Simmons).  Cam's contract is ticking down to RFA where his value will be a second rounder and filler. 

Unless you land an absolute stud or max level player, you're rarely going to get a pick back at the spot you took a player.  I'd love to hear any exceptions to that if they exist (I can't think of any).  So late first rounder for a guy drafted 10th on potential is pretty fair imo

• Premium Member

That summer league game was well before Heurters extension.  I obviously have zero sources but I'd bet we were trying to get on the right track with Cam and things just slowly became more abd more untenable.  Wouldn't be surprised if Heurters extension was the final nail for his camp because that probably meant he wasn't going to be a Hawk for long (or he'd have to sign a very team friendly deal).

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Everybody could see the progression of a young Kevin Knox where he wasn’t really a defensive liability.

His dad needs to sit his ass down somewhere especially after that comment. I hope he didn't quit his job at the sizzler.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This doesn't match the slanderous nonsense some of our posters been posting of late. 

Dude you need to chill calling people out. You're clowning yourself when you do this. The "slander" is now being mentioned in media and on major name podcasts. You're ride or die with Cam is borderline intervention time. You can't attack people and not expect to get attacked back.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Cam asked to be traded. That doesn't make him a bad guy nor does it makes the Hawks a bad guy by trading him. 

This attacking the Hawks by supes is getting a little out of hand. He didn't want to be here brother. It is what it is.

• Like 3