• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

On 1/15/2022 at 10:08 PM, thecampster said:

Dude you need to chill calling people out. You're clowning yourself when you do this. The "slander" is now being mentioned in media and on major name podcasts. You're ride or die with Cam is borderline intervention time. You can't attack people and not expect to get attacked back.

Mods wont do anything to him because he posts the occasional "rumor" but the moment I have a back and forth with him I get put in timeout

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You are lying to yourself if you think we have not played much better the last two games. Especially that heat game where if trae just got into sets faster at the end and kevin didn't make two bonehead mistakes we would win

We haven't won, if you are the problem, it would be an instant impact. I don't see that at all. Anyone saying otherwise is just hoping and wishing. This team literally has been down by each of these teams by 15 at one point of the game. 

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We haven't won, if you are the problem, it would be an instant impact. I don't see that at all. Anyone saying otherwise is just hoping and wishing. This team literally has been down by each of these teams by 15 at one point of the game. 

That's not necessarily true either.  there are still other things to consider like player injuries and chemistry.    The Hawks process has been much better the past few games.  This isn't saying that Cam was the problem.  The Hawks have competed much better these past few games and if you don't see that you are just stanning for Cam. 

Miami came out red hot and the Hawks were playing good defense.  That's why they were down 15, but instead of folding they fought back hard and probably should have won the game. 

NY had a rest advantage and the Hawks consistently fought in that game. 

The revelation the past few games is the second unit has been pretty good.  When we get Capela back and if the second unit continues to play well, I expect a few more wins to start coming. 

18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That's not necessarily true either.  there are still other things to consider like player injuries and chemistry.    The Hawks process has been much better the past few games.  This isn't saying that Cam was the problem.  The Hawks have competed much better these past few games and if you don't see that you are just stanning for Cam. 

Miami came out red hot and the Hawks were playing good defense.  That's why they were down 15, but instead of folding they fought back hard and probably should have won the game. 

NY had a rest advantage and the Hawks consistently fought in that game. 

The revelation the past few games is the second unit has been pretty good.  When we get Capela back and if the second unit continues to play well, I expect a few more wins to start coming. 

I felt with the exception of the last two Cam games he played v. both LA teams, which was a disaster. Cam was key in our win v. SAC. Cam was good v. CHI. Can you really say Cam was the issue with the chemistry? He was literally part of our last couple of wins and played very well in those games. If anything, he was significant. 

You can't say I am stanning for Cam if we have been down by 15 at one point of all of these games. That's not a good thing. We have competed at times better within the game but for the most part, we look like trash. 

Teams have come out red hot against us all year, that's not telling honestly. It's a sign that this team has issues that are personnel based around Trae. That's not on Cam. That's what I keep honing on. Our issues, aren't Cam related. If anything, Cam was unlucky this year as he was the 4th most productive Hawk in the rotation but his on/off metrics was WOAT level. 

We have been better of late in the 2nd unit. With the exception of the LA games which was horrendous for us, Cam has been starting and the 2nd unit been awful all year, with or without Cam. Just because they have been better in the last two games isn't a revelation, it could just be two good games by the bench, if they continued the trend, now we are on to something. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I felt with the exception of the last two Cam games he played v. both LA teams, which was a disaster. Cam was key in our win v. SAC. Cam was good v. CHI. Can you really say Cam was the issue with the chemistry? He was literally part of our last couple of wins and played very well in those games. If anything, he was significant. 

You can't say I am stanning for Cam if we have been down by 15 at one point of all of these games. That's not a good thing. We have competed at times better within the game but for the most part, we look like trash. 

Teams have come out red hot against us all year, that's not telling honestly. It's a sign that this team has issues that are personnel based around Trae. That's not on Cam. That's what I keep honing on. Our issues, aren't Cam related. If anything, Cam was unlucky this year as he was the 4th most productive Hawk in the rotation but his on/off metrics was WOAT level. 

We have been better of late in the 2nd unit. With the exception of the LA games which was horrendous for us, Cam has been starting and the 2nd unit been awful all year, with or without Cam. Just because they have been better in the last two games isn't a revelation, it could just be two good games by the bench, if they continued the trend, now we are on to something. 

I said Cam wasn't the problem, but it's clear the team is playing harder.  Travis sent them a message. Although they haven't won, they are competing and if they had played with that same sense of urgency, they would have won a few more games. 

Saying the team is playing with better chemistry doesn't mean Cam was the problem.  It just means maybe they are defining roles better with a more limited rotation.  That's what happened last year. 

Being down 15 doesn't mean you are playing bad or that you can't win a game.   That 27 point swing in Miami was what we looked like for the most part in Maimi.  Are you just going to ignore the 27 point swing too or that doesn't matter?

You can say the team is playing with better chemistry and Cam wasn't the problem.  They aren't mutually exclusive. 

Edited by marco102

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I said Cam wasn't the problem, but it's clear the team is playing harder.  Travis sent them a message. Although they haven't won, they are competing and if they had played with that same sense of urgency, they would have won a few more games. 

Saying the team is playing with better chemistry doesn't mean Cam was the problem.  It just means maybe they are defining roles better with a more limited rotation.  That's what happened last year. 

Being down 15 doesn't mean you are playing bad or that you can't win a game.   That 27 point swing in Miami was what we looked like for the most part in Maimi.  Are you just going to ignore the 27 point swing too or that doesn't matter?

You can say the team is playing with better chemistry and Cam wasn't the problem.  They aren't mutually exclusive. 

I don't know if I agree. I will agree that the bench has been much better in the last 2 of 3 games that Cam hasn't last played but I haven't seen us playing harder. I felt we been playing this hard after the POR game. It's just our offense has stalled out in literally every game since CHI. 

Still don't buy the we traded cam cuz he wanted to leave and we took what we took, nothing for what could be included for something else , kooooonin addressed that particularly saying we aren't done making moves but unless we start winning before the break, this trade doesn't make tons of sense unless there's something going on we don't know about

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Still don't buy the we traded cam cuz he wanted to leave and we took what we took, nothing for what could be included for something else , kooooonin addressed that particularly saying we aren't done making moves but unless we start winning before the break, this trade doesn't make tons of sense unless there's something going on we don't know about

Well, unless Schlenk is outright lying that's exactly what happened.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Well, unless Schlenk is outright lying that's exactly what happened.

To me what it says is that they are focusing on next year.   Sure they still want to win but i think getting Cam out of here, and maybe some others, is to try to get a cohesive core playing the end of this season and add pieces this summer to compete next year.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ya'll still talking about Cam Reddish? lol

Yea cuz everyone thought or either reported it was apart if another trade, which we apparently are waiting on.  I'm not set either way, maybe something still comes but still, just.seems way low if he's as good as envisioned.  Maybe it is because we are looking for cohesive next year but could be kept as a package in off-season.  I guess the point is, it seems like there would have been something by now, although I agree.with waiting to see what happens with Clint back before the break 

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Still don't buy the we traded cam cuz he wanted to leave and we took what we took,

But Cam was on the trade block at the deadline last year and at the draft.  He may have gotten miffed he was on the block and asked out.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I know Thibs said they are easing him in but I don’t why I was envisioning more of a 12-18 point debut. 1 game sample though so not much.

AB5879E5-D777-4C0B-BEE6-83B035ED5A04.jpeg

I noted the same thing earlier today.

Cam is listed as the only true SF on the team and he only got 5 minutes of play.   After Burks is Grimes or Quickley.  What the minutes suggest is that right now, they don't think Cam can contribute more than Quickley and Grimes.  He has officially taken the Kevin Knox seat in NY. 

• Sad 1