• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

He didn't want to be here brother. It is what it is.

Cam had no leverage to make trade demands. He has accomplished absolutely NOTHING in his short career. He is a rookie on his rookie contract. He isn't Harden, Lebron, Kyrie, etc...

This narrative just looks weak to me.

No doubt he requested out, sure. There were PLENTY of suitors in the offseason, he should have been gone before the season if we were caving in to demands.

Schlenk wanted heads to roll and he found his first scapegoat. The organization is pushing that info to the press so they can cover their butts. "He didn't want to be here and we didn't want anyone that didn't want to be here"

Ok.... it took 40 games to realize this? You obviously weren't holding out for the best possible trade. 

They wanted to shake things up, Cam was an easy target especially because this Simmons deal is going to drag along if it ever does happen. He just wanted to strike fast and he did. That's all it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Cam had no leverage to make trade demands. He has accomplished absolutely NOTHING in his short career. He is a rookie on his rookie contract. He isn't Harden, Lebron, Kyrie, etc...

No doubt he requested out, sure. There were PLENTY of suitors in the offseason, he should have been gone before the season if we were caving in to demands.

Schlenk wanted heads to roll and he found his first scapegoat. The organization is pushing that info to the press so they can cover their butts. "He didn't want to be here and we didn't want anyone that didn't want to be here"

Ok.... it took 40 games to realize this? You obviously weren't holding out for the best possible trade. 

They wanted to shake things up, Cam was an easy target especially because this Simmons deal is going to drag along if it ever does happen. He just wanted to strike fast and he did. That's all it is.

I been saying it. I knew I wasn't the only one to see the con. 

They blamed Cam and now look at it. Its clear it wasn't Cam and if Cam had a part, it wasn't just Cam. 

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Dude you need to chill calling people out. You're clowning yourself when you do this. The "slander" is now being mentioned in media and on major name podcasts. You're ride or die with Cam is borderline intervention time. You can't attack people and not expect to get attacked back.

You been slandering this kid for a page and a half. You need to chill out with this rubbish. 

This is all a con anyway. Atlanta needed a scapegoat, unlucky for them, it's not working. You are all in on the kool aid with extra sugar.

This trade was a real shocker.  As I consider all it's parts the better I like it.  Kevin Knox is not really the total loss that I was lead to believe when it first happened.  No, he's not a great star.  He is kinda good.

Then we have that draft pick which looks like we will get this off season.  This player may be a total flop.  Don't count on that.  I believe we now have three first round picks in a loaded draft.  Wow!  Could be used to combine and move way up.  Could be used to make a deal work.  

Are we in a terrible slump?  Are we now driving to the lottery and a mini rebuild?  Are we really as bad as we appear to be right now?  Remember Tractor Trailer?  We need a couple of those.  Tired of getting pushed around without any consequences.  

Stop the 4th quarter Sleep Walk!!

:hi:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Cam Reddish: 'I feel like I can be a star'

i_55_87_a2_cam-reddish.png?w=190

“I feel like I can be a star,” Reddish said in his first comments as a Knick after his new team routed the Hawks at State Farm Arena. “I feel like I could be a legit star. That’s what I’m working to be. It’s pretty simple.”  It hasn’t been simple at all for Reddish, who has battled injuries and a glut of wings in Atlanta. He requested a trade before the 2021-22 season started.  The No. 10 pick in the 2019 draft has played in 118 career games in his 2½ seasons, averaging 11.1 points on a substandard 38.5 percent shooting.  “I think I’m still on track,” Reddish added in an interview with the Knicks’ three traveling beat writers in the arena. “I’ll continue to put the work in. I think I’m still there for sure.”

According to multiple sources, Reddish and RJ Barrett weren’t especially close at Duke. Barrett and Zion Williamson were very tight and, according to sources, Reddish was on the outside looking in. But that was three years ago.  Barrett said all the expected platitudes after the Reddish trade, mentioning the two talked on the phone after the deal’s announcement.  “I mean, we talked for like five minute,” Reddish said when asked about that conversation. “It was quick because I was pretty busy that day. He was just saying come in ready to play hard. We were just catching up for the most part. Just coming in, working hard, getting used to the city.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

“I feel like I can be a star,” Reddish said in his first comments as a Knick after his new team routed the Hawks at State Farm Arena. “I feel like I could be a legit star. That’s what I’m working to be. It’s pretty simple.”  It hasn’t been simple at all for Reddish, who has battled injuries and a glut of wings in Atlanta. He requested a trade before the 2021-22 season started.  The No. 10 pick in the 2019 draft has played in 118 career games in his 2½ seasons, averaging 11.1 points on a substandard 38.5 percent shooting.  “I think I’m still on track,” Reddish added in an interview with the Knicks’ three traveling beat writers in the arena. “I’ll continue to put the work in. I think I’m still there for sure.”

According to multiple sources, Reddish and RJ Barrett weren’t especially close at Duke. Barrett and Zion Williamson were very tight and, according to sources, Reddish was on the outside looking in. But that was three years ago.  Barrett said all the expected platitudes after the Reddish trade, mentioning the two talked on the phone after the deal’s announcement.  “I mean, we talked for like five minute,” Reddish said when asked about that conversation. “It was quick because I was pretty busy that day. He was just saying come in ready to play hard. We were just catching up for the most part. Just coming in, working hard, getting used to the city.”

Makes sense from his perspective I guess. He came up with guys like Zion and Anthony Edwards. He wants to be a centerpiece to a team and not a cog in the machine.

I will also say that you can't hold down true talent. A legit star would have dominated the opposition and he had ample opportunity to do so here and he didn't. He's still raw as hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I kept quoting him too. I feel like I can be a star .. all I see when I look in the mirror is a star ⭐️. All I seent is DNP’s homie. 💯 real talk

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It's not about leverage -- this is about making the team better.  This wasn't a demand to be traded to the Knicks, they just gave us the best offer.  There's no reason to hold him hostage at the expense of team chemistry, the locker room, and his play that was awful... it's clear the FO/coaching staff tried to get him to change his mind but he clearly hasn't.  He thinks he's a top 3 option and he's delusional. 

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I been saying it. I knew I wasn't the only one to see the con. 

They blamed Cam and now look at it. Its clear it wasn't Cam and if Cam had a part, it wasn't just Cam. 

We lost one close away game since he's been traded -- is that how much data you need to start drawing more conclusions lol... at least wait until you see the rest of our moves up to the deadline.

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You been slandering this kid for a page and a half. You need to chill out with this rubbish. 

This is all a con anyway. Atlanta needed a scapegoat, unlucky for them, it's not working. You are all in on the kool aid with extra sugar.

@thecampster has been reporting the situation from the inside, he's barely opined on the situation... just telling it how it is.  

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is why he's gone.  He's not a star and he doesn't want to put in the time or work to become one... he's delusional.  His shot selection should have tipped us off this year when he was building brick houses off of step back mid rangers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Who the F is Cam Reddish to be making trade demands?   I miss the days when you had to actually accomplish something in your life before you were allowed into the exclusive group of players who can demand a trade.     F this clown, I hope he fails miserably.

33 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It's not about leverage -- this is about making the team better.  This wasn't a demand to be traded to the Knicks, they just gave us the best offer.  There's no reason to hold him hostage at the expense of team chemistry, the locker room, and his play that was awful... it's clear the FO/coaching staff tried to get him to change his mind but he clearly hasn't.  He thinks he's a top 3 option and he's delusional. 

We lost one close away game since he's been traded -- is that how much data you need to start drawing more conclusions lol... at least wait until you see the rest of our moves up to the deadline.

@thecampster has been reporting the situation from the inside, he's barely opined on the situation... just telling it how it is.  

This is why he's gone.  He's not a star and he doesn't want to put in the time or work to become one... he's delusional.  His shot selection should have tipped us off this year when he was building brick houses off of step back mid rangers.

The bolded is your take and your take only and most of the rubbish he's been posting of recent has been nonsense that isn't anything we hear TS or Nate saying. What's the point of posting rubbish from Chris Fedor who covers the damn Cleveland Browns other than to shame his name. It's nonsense, if it was so bad, TS wouldn't be in public saying what he's saying nor would Nate. I don't recall the team defending and saying good things about Omari Spellman as they are doing with Reddish. You are on the other side of the damn coin than I am. You can't stand Reddish and think he's trash. I think he's a going to be a star and we dropped the damn ball. So for you, this is refreshing. For me, this is rubbish. Unless TS and Nate are quiet on this and saying he's not a professional which both said he was, everything you and he are saying is BS. Just facts!

Edited by NBASupes

41 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We played the last three games without Cam, where's the winning? Where's the better chemistry? I don't see none of that at all

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We played the last three games without Cam, where's the winning? Where's the better chemistry? I don't see none of that at all

The second Miami game thread you even said they were playing with better chemistry. 

I didn't expect to beat the Knicks on the second night of a back to back when they had three days rest.  Chalking that up to a scheduling loss. 

Won't be favored in anyway against Milwaukee without Bogi and Clint.  

We still have a chance to make the playoffs/playin though.

Just don't ever seem to have our guys healthy.

Lmao… imagine investing this much energy into stanning a player that did not want to play for our organization. He ain’t love us like that… give it up. The decision has been made and this crazed obsession will change nothing. That was the best deal we could get… 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You are lying to yourself if you think we have not played much better the last two games. Especially that heat game where if trae just got into sets faster at the end and kevin didn't make two bonehead mistakes we would win

• Like 3