• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I know Thibs said they are easing him in but I don’t why I was envisioning more of a 12-18 point debut. 1 game sample though so not much.

AB5879E5-D777-4C0B-BEE6-83B035ED5A04.jpeg

Hopefully Cam didn't get himself traded into a worse situation than what he was in with the Hawks as far as minutes are concerned. I thought he had a very realistic opportunity here to be a significant part of the team moving forward if he just gave it more time. 

😔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, hawkman said:

Hopefully Cam didn't get himself traded into a worse situation than what he was in with the Hawks as far as minutes are concerned. I thought he had a very realistic opportunity here to be a significant part of the team moving forward if he just gave it more time. 

😔

that'll be his own dumbass fault. Grass aint always greener

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, hawkman said:

😔

Cam is going to have a hard time beating out Quickley and Grimes for Minutes.  Thibbs trusts those guys. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Cam is going to have a hard time beating out Quickley and Grimes for Minutes.  Thibbs trusts those guys. 

3 hours ago, Cwell said:

that'll be his own dumbass fault. Grass aint always greener

Yeah, this was a gross miscalculation. He was virtually guaranteed a spot in the rotation here if he played out his contract. If he still wanted out, he could have gone to a much better situation than New York via free agency. This whole situation makes absolutely no sense to me. Is this a case of bad advice? From the New York Post:

Cam Reddish not likely to remain in Knicks' Rotation despite first cameo

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Yeah, this was a gross miscalculation. He was virtually guaranteed a spot in the rotation here if he played out his contract. If he still wanted out, he could have gone to a much better situation than New York via free agency. This whole situation makes absolutely no sense to me. Is this a case of bad advice? From the New York Post:

Cam Reddish not likely to remain in Knicks' Rotation despite first cameo

Spurs, Kings, Magic or Pistons would have fit. But they didn’t offer us a 1st round pick. Man, comon give Cam a chance. This stinks. 

I’ve been pondering about better potential deals being available in the summer and keep landing on ‘naw’ for this reason.  The Knicks will get half a season’s worth of time and practice to evaluate Cam before the summer whereas any team that traded for him in the summer would walk from negotiating with Schlenk directly to negotiating with Cam’s agent on an extension before they’ve even gotten a chance to see him in team gear.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's almost like the writing is on the wall.  Thibbs really don't want to play him.  Thibbs may have seen something in practice... but immediately after getting Cam, Thibbs comes out and says...  We want to go back to a 9 man rotation instead of a 10 man rotation.  Smells like Cam may have displayed the wrong thing. 

• Like 2

WOW!  Back to back games.  Reddish played briefly in game one.  Game two.  Players tired.  Reddish did not play - coaches decision.  We thought he would get at least a little burn.  NY lost the game, too.

KK has played here in both of our last two games.  We expect to see him tomorrow night.  Not many minutes, but he will probably play.

Jumped out of the frying pan into the fire?  Looks like it.  Poor Cam.

😪

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/23/2022 at 7:02 PM, hawkman said:

😔

It is definitely a worse situation. He is not pushing Evan or RJ out of the starting line up anytime soon. Also, Thibs is notorious for short rotations even in the regular season, so I think he plays less minutes iff of the bench too.  If he was thinking about trying to earn a max extension this year, it ain't happening. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So why did the Knicks make this trade?  

GM made the trade, not the head coach.  KK wasn't playing for the coach, so nothing changed there.

Cam played some with the Hawks.  KK now plays some.  No change here either.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Gray Mule said:

GM made the trade, not the head coach.  KK wasn't playing for the coach, so nothing changed there.

Cam played some with the Hawks.  KK now plays some.  No change here either.

:smug:

Except our GM now as an extra first round pick.   We had a need to get rid of Cam.   We did that and got a first for it.   I'm not sure what need Cam is addressing for the Knicks.  there's still time but not much.  they have 1.5 seasons to do something with him or they just gave us a 1st rounder for free. 

• Like 2