• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey, what's stoppin' us from doing it again?

@AHF :100.webp?cid=ecf05e47oy5zcf7dlsok9jy9n7j

I read this wrong and was about to rip you a politically correct new one.

😆

Duuuuude, Bronson was my childhood hero 🦸 I’m talkin Great escape and Mechanic 👩‍🔧 Chuck, not the death wishes as much but used to frequent those with pops when I was 10, YA! Some get behind the wheel of a car at 14,

I was watching Bronson be a boss at age 10. :approved:

Wait though, AHF is Bronson? Look 👀 I’m not Ives, that’s Supes 😂 F all that I’m over Cam and his mani peti’s and pretty boy $hit. Maaaan, him and MPJ, do they wanna shoot a page for GQ or ball. I kind of hate statement they make and they sound similar..

like.. like..

”Oh I think I’m nice.” -Cam

”Ooooohhhh KD is nice”- MPJ

GET OFF MY LAWWWWWN JUNIOR!!!

@Gray Mule Gramps I got this! Lil bastards on our lawn again. 😂 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

And I’m talking about all this periphery stuff before even actually considering that the Knick team is not exactly a tailor made situation for Cam. 

Yeah that's the truth.   Thibs+Cam has possible crud-show written all over it.  Even Thibs initial comment on the trade was less than glowing even for Thibs

3 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

But how long does that perception last?  That’s my point.  Those guys become flavors of the week for averaging 20 for 5 games and ran out of town for only averaging 16 the rest of the year.  Rose has been overhyped since he was 19, that is not a New York fabrication, but still you admitted their fans are dumb so why fear what they might say?

For the Knicks, you will get overhyped at first, get totally eviscerated the second you fail to deliver the overhype, then forgotten 3rd…if you’re lucky.  There’s never such a thing as a bad Knicks hire, signing, trade, or draft pick (hi, Knox)…when they first happen.  Even if your own brain tells you that a move they made is objectively bad there’ll be enough talking heads to float the idea of Kobe/LeBron/Durant being the very next domino to fall for them.  Every year is going to be “the year” but then the actual games are played…

And I’m talking about all this periphery stuff before even actually considering that the Knick team is not exactly a tailor made situation for Cam. 

You know bad perception sticks to the Hawks like glue. We only have how many division titles? We literally just won our first ECF game since the 1960s.

Edited by NBASupes

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@Sothron have they done a roster update to get Cam on the Knicks. We play them on Saturday he better suit up. Oh wait.. I have an alert 🚨..

Oh okay, Cam might be out again, look I’m gonna hold off on this thing, Cam ain’t never available. 

Schlenk is a genius…(still).

@Sothron you want him? Sequel? Make me an off, I ain’t Schlenk though I’m not taking Knox back :indifferent: 

A3E1CB88-9A64-4853-97F7-29871CE2351F.jpeg

@lethalweapon3 you’re an inside cuz you dropped Cam before he got the boot. Don’t worry we will keep this between us. 😉 

• Haha 2

https://sports.yahoo.com/three-winners-cam-reddish-trade-140011062.html

Atlanta gets to take a free look at Knox before he hits the market. Also, by trading Hill, the Hawks open up a roster spot, giving them options heading into the trade deadline and buyout season.

Buyout season being the key. There will be some talent as teams trade and buyout players. Atlanta could find a gem. That roster spot is not worthless.

• Like 3

Every team values draft picks, they may not value a certain player but they value draft picks. 

.. Schlenk..

Ok, I agree, now flip those golden draft picks with the magic 🪄 and get us a solid star/vet.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Atlanta gets to take a free look at Knox before he hits the market. Also, by trading Hill, the Hawks open up a roster spot, giving them options heading into the trade deadline and buyout season.

Buyout season being the key. There will be some talent as teams trade and buyout players. Atlanta could find a gem. That roster spot is not worthless.

Titty Gibby? (Taj)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If we don’t turn this season around, I highly doubt we’d be the first choice of anyone on the buyout market.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Schlenk is all class and I think the players respect him.  It's a stark difference working under someone that is transparent and open with you versus someone that is making decisions behind closed doors.  He was the same way with Collins regarding his extension as well.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Yeaaaaaa but see, I’m not quite ready to place this on the Nique/Manning, Pau/‘Reef, Marvin/Paul, I$o, Luka/Trae Wall of Shame just yet.  Frankly not even ready to dust off a spot just in case, I lived through the Jordan Crawford threads, I know this place gets wonky when the shiny toys are traded away. 

I don't really see the parallel with Crawford though, other than Squawk reactionary posting - which always happens.  With Crawford, it was JUST about the potential and not wanting to part with him - and there were "Squawk factions".  There are Cam factions for sure, but this (at least for me) is about the timing and the return.  There's disagreement over Cam's ceiling and the timing of the deal, but stepping back and looking at this...  We are in agreement that the return was decidedly underwhelming.  Nobody, or a very small portion of us, is actually happy or even indifferent right now about the trade.  Pretty much we're all sitting here hoping that something else is coming out of this.

Trading him isn't the end of the world by any stretch...but in my opinion, Cam has shown enough upside that it does have real potential to become the next wart on our already blemished talent acquisition/retention history.  With the context being the return we got with no follow up.  Personally, if nothing else comes from this then I would have rather just gambled this up to free agency.  I get and completely understand that some people don't care about and/or don't understand the optics here and the value we mortgaged him for.  Trust that I get it.  For me, this is one of those things that am decidedly on the other side of the fence on...I take a HARD pass on this deal in a vacuum.

But I'm repeating myself, man I can't wait to revisit this in the coming years with future context...this is going to be an amazing thread to analyze.

• Like 2

i_09_4e_f1_kevin-knox.png?w=190

Because yah, he'd fly down, suit up and play without a practice??? He might play but the injury report comes out the day before....of course he wasn't with the team and seeing the official team doctor....OY! with modern reporters....OY!

• Haha 2