• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Kirschner is telling them the Hawk's side of the story. If Cam wants to reach out CK to tell his side of the story, I'm sure sure CK would oblige. But for players, usually it's not even worth it as the negative attention keeps the story alive when they are more interested in trying to get a fresh start.

To be fair to the Hawks, if I'm paying you $4 million/year to play a kids game, I expect you to follow the coach's game plan and follow the training staff's work out plan.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, txsting said:

I like when we lay out our qualifications and then trot out the same argument.  It makes sense though - engineers usually can't communicate so well.

And it takes one to see it - I'm a 20+ year data engineer at a national laboratory.

See this kind of thing man... *sigh*  I'm not saying saying I'm smarter than anyone else so my opinion is better.  There are LOTS of intelligent people here of many different disciplines.  I'm saying that I'm capable of having logical and sensible conversation and that my opinion isn't simply an emotional one based upon my "love for Cam".  My qualifications don't make my argument better and I'm not trying to use them as such.  If that's what you got from that, and continue to get from that, then it's simply indicative of your character, which is usually the type that I avoid both personally and professionally.

I also don't entertain trolls, intelligent or not...so if that's your bag then, again, I'll let you keep that.

(I think I communicated that all well enough.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I don't think Supes is saying that Cam is a better player RIGHT NOW, but that he is far and away the better prospect. I think most would agree with that sentiment.

No, he is being disingenuous. He made a post to put me in my place. I said okay, Cam by those same standards is superior to DeAndre Hunter? Does that mean Knox is 3x the player that Hunter is? He's basically a rock in a hard place. He tried to come for me, got kicks for it but it didn't workout the way he expected in my reply.

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

To be fair to the Hawks, if I'm paying you $4 million/year to play a kids game, I expect you to follow the coach's game plan and follow the training staff's work out plan.

Yes, but of course they always their agent, trainer, family, etc. in their ear telling them how the team is doing them dirty, blah, blah, blah. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Let's analyze!

You got 7 daps for this post which is, if Knox is ass. What does that make Cam, see his offensive rating and defensive rating. 

So, if this is the case, Cam has a superior offensive and defensive rating to Hunter. What does that make him in comparison to Kevin Knox? The worst player in the NBA since Knox by NBASupes admissions is ass right?

Answer that @thecampster

you got a lot of burn quotes and LOL! In response to me for this quoted post. So what is Hunter? The worst player in the NBA? Knox is superior based on your "burn" of me?

Let's look at last years net rating since the sample size is larger:

image.png

Cam and Hunter both have issues staying on the court.  Hunter was excellent last year before the injury.  They had 26 and 23 games played.  Cam is so bad he looks like a data outlier here.  Now look at this year: the only consistent theme is Cam at the top of the list.  And he's played almost every game... 

image.png

This matches the eye test as well.  You can argue Reddish's potential until you're blue in the face but no one can deny he's been a loser on the court for us.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No, he is being disingenuous. He made a post to put me in my place. I said okay, Cam by those same standards is superior to DeAndre Hunter? Does that mean Knox is 3x the player that Hunter is? He's basically a rock in a hard place. He tried to come for me, got kicks for it but it didn't workout the way he expected in my reply.

Totally agree with you that net rating is only one aspect in evaluating a player, especially one as raw as Cam.  It doesn't tell the whole story and was intentionally used to highlight his weakness while ignoring his biggest strength, which is his upside.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kirschner is telling them the Hawk's side of the story. If Cam wants to reach out CK to tell his side of the story, I'm sure sure CK would oblige. But for players, usually it's not even worth it as the negative attention keeps the story alive when they are more interested in trying to get a fresh start.

There's a way to do it without out crafting a hit piece.  It's a thin line, imho, but he seems to always land on the same side of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Let's analyze!

You got 7 daps for this post which is, if Knox is ass. What does that make Cam, see his offensive rating and defensive rating. 

So, if this is the case, Cam has a superior offensive and defensive rating to Hunter. What does that make him in comparison to Kevin Knox? The worst player in the NBA since Knox by NBASupes admissions is ass right?

Answer that @thecampster

you got a lot of burn quotes and LOL! In response to me for this quoted post. So what is Hunter? The worst player in the NBA? Knox is superior based on your "burn" of me?

Naw but to be fair to Hunter, his 2021-22 sample is askew due to the early season ref conspiracy with Trae and the early injuries. If we look at just 19 and 20 Hunter, Hunter is +4.5/100 OTRG and -3 DTRG.  Scheme plays a part in this but Hunter = better per this 2 year sample.

The point isn't Knox>Cam. The point is neither is the type of Impact that say Capela/Collins are.  Statistically, they both measure an extremely similar impact.

Look at Gallo's numbers and how they've regressed over those 3 years impact wise to where he's nearly a net zero player.  Last year in OKC he had impact similar to Collins.

Its just not getting all bent out of shape about in the short term.  My point has been simple. If Cam's been the beneficiary of Trae and Knox has been on the losing end with Tibbs, then this really isn't as bad as the Cam Stans make it out to be. I like Cam, wanted him here the whole time but I was also very realistic about his potential vs performance. I want to see Knox play 10 games for the Hawks before I claw my eyes out and declare this the worst Hawks trade of all time.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

MODERATOR NOTE:

TONE OF THE CONVERSATION ON THIS THREAD IS GETTING OUT OF HAND AND IS GOING TO LEAD TO LOCK / TIMEOUTS.  THIS IS NOT A PISSING CONTEST BETWEEN POSTERS.  IT IS AN EMOTIONAL ISSUE FOR FANS WHEN A LOVED PLAYERS IS TRADED AND CAM WAS VIEWED IN AS MANY DIFFERENT WAYS AS HE PLAYED ON THE FLOOR (SUPERSTAR, UNPLAYABLY BAD, ELITE DEFENDER, NO INSTICT FOR THE GAME, HIGHLY SKILLED, SELFISH, ETC.).  NOBODY SHOULD BE TRYING TO SCORE POINTS ON EACH OTHER.

Be civil.  Treat each other with respect.  Even when we disagree.  Especially when we disagree.

Yeah...I'm back to in a mode man.  LOL.  I'm putting myself in timeout.  It's been a LONG time since I've felt this strongly about something.  I'm gonna have whiplash because I haven't stopped shaking my head in 24 hours.  These are the kind of deals that you hope to be one of the vultures circling the dead meat...not the meat on the ground.  Yikes man....  I just don't like this at all.

I'm putting every bit of my feeling into this hoping that my anti-fandom jinx works lol

• Like 3

Just wondering.  Hawks traded away Solomon Hill and Cam Reddish and received Kevin Knox.

That leaves us with an empty slot.  We know Hill was inactive.  Hawks sent him and his remaining salary to NY.  They don't have to worry about paying him

What do we do with the empty slot?

Another thought.  NY fans are all rosy cheeked over the deal.  If Cam does well for the remainder of the season the Knickerbockers will be obligated to pay.  If he doesn't do great, the NY press and fans will crucify him.

Love the deal or hate the deal, Squawk posters will follow Cam and how he does for all his career.  I was a big fan of Reddish and kept hoping.  Apparently he wasn't happy here.  Will he find happiness in NY?

Kevin Knox is now a Hawk.  Looking forward to watching him play for us.  I hope you are too.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Let's look at last years net rating since the sample size is larger:

image.png

Cam and Hunter both have issues staying on the court.  Hunter was excellent last year before the injury.  They had 26 and 23 games played.  Cam is so bad he looks like a data outlier here.  Now look at this year: the only consistent theme is Cam at the top of the list.  And he's played almost every game... 

image.png

This matches the eye test as well.  You can argue Reddish's potential until you're blue in the face but no one can deny he's been a loser on the court for us.

Your eye test, not mines. He was extremely unlucky this year. He was a lot more productive on offense and his defense was highly rated to when take just assignments into it and not who's he is with like +/- as I mentioned to Jay.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Actually I made a post to be funny to lighten the mood. I've made plenty defending you too! I'm an equal opportunity clown.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Dude, you've seen the training videos of me and the dog. You can't see that photo and think I don't like any food (okay not a fan of Indian).

No see, the joke was that ... I mean, what I meant was  ..... ah, you're ruining the joke with your .... wait ... that's what you meant to do, isn't it?

Diabolical ....

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Actually I made a post to be funny to lighten the mood. I've made plenty defending you too! I'm an equal opportunity clown.

What the?  Bro, stay in your lane!

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Naw but to be fair to Hunter, his 2021-22 sample is askew due to the early season ref conspiracy with Trae and the early injuries. If we look at just 19 and 20 Hunter, Hunter is +4.5/100 OTRG and -3 DTRG.  Scheme plays a part in this but Hunter = better per this 2 year sample.

The point isn't Knox>Cam. The point is neither is the type of Impact that say Capela/Collins are.  Statistically, they both measure an extremely similar impact.

Look at Gallo's numbers and how they've regressed over those 3 years impact wise to where he's nearly a net zero player.  Last year in OKC he had impact similar to Collins.

Its just not getting all bent out of shape about in the short term.  My point has been simple. If Cam's been the beneficiary of Trae and Knox has been on the losing end with Tibbs, then this really isn't as bad as the Cam Stans make it out to be. I like Cam, wanted him here the whole time but I was also very realistic about his potential vs performance. I want to see Knox play 10 games for the Hawks before I claw my eyes out and declare this the worst Hawks trade of all time.

Cam hasn't been a beneficiary of Trae. They haven't fit. Which is another real reason why hes been moved. I just want honestly. These lies, hit pieces, and other rubbish. I dont have time for. Also, you did that disrespectfully. Before that post, I have been nothing but respectful to you. I dont appreciate that either. Just because I say, Knox sucks doesn't mean I said The campster is dumb even if you think he is redeemable and I don't and most don't. 

I just didn't agree with you but I think highly of you. I wouldn't go out my way to disrespectful which I felt you did to me

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Your eye test, not mines. He was extremely unlucky this year. He was a lot more productive on offense and his defense was highly rated to when take just assignments into it and not who's he is with like +/- as I mentioned to Jay.

When I spent hours using the new tool @TheNorthCydeRises shared with me, I watched every made FG against us for the past 10 games or so.  Cam was responsible for A LOT of the open looks.  His engagement and BBIQ on defense has been low.  He is good 1on1 but he's completely unable to fight through screens so that's pretty irrelevant anyways

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Me: I like potato chips

Supes: So you hate cheeseburgers then.

Me: no, let me say it again. I like potato chips and I like Mello Yello.

Supes: How the hell do you hate ice cream?

Me: dude, I like ice cream too.

Supes: "Ha so you do hate cheeseburgers!"

You have been guilty of a building a few strawmans yourself at times. 

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

When I spent hours using the new tool @TheNorthCydeRises shared with me, I watched every made FG against us for the past 10 games or so.  Cam was responsible for A LOT of the open looks.  His engagement and BBIQ on defense has been low.  He is good 1on1 but he's completely unable to fight through screens so that's pretty irrelevant anyways

Umm sir @marco102 shared that with you and gave @TheNorthCydeRises credit for sharing it with him.

Yes, I'm referring to myself in the third person..lol

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I've watched just as much tape if not more. Dying on screens, I agree but but Engagement low, not true. A lot of times hes covering for someone who's made a mistake on the recovery. You can't watch the clip and think you have the big picture. You have to watch the game and know what's going on. 

• Confused 1