• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Just now, macdaddy said:

I mean who said that?   I realize there are multiple different arguments going on here.  All i'm saying is that right now this doesn't look like a good trade.   That doesn't mean it isnt and it doesn't mean we have any idea what it means for the Hawks. 

You're saying this is without a doubt a great thing because Cam was some kind of major locker room problem and a bust.  I'm saying it's also possible that this is a bad thing

Travis maybe a genius on this i don't know.   But when you have 100% agreement that you lost the trade then the optics aren't good.  And perception matters for something right? 

I'm not saying without a doubt this is a good thing. The shit happened and it is what it is.

It is not going to ruin our reputation around the league. We paid the players that played well for us like JC, Trae, And Kev. We had a decision to make to pay Cam or Dre and chose Dre. I thought we would chose both and jettison off Bogi and Gallo.

I'm pretty sure paying your players and getting the one that you decided not to pay in a good situation goes further with agents and players around the league than perceived value of the trade as it stands.

I don't like that Cam is gone or the return, but I'm not on here falling off the deep end and worrying about what other fans think of us.

Those fans thought we were crappy before this and will think that even if we win a championship.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm going to share this and I know you'll think this is a stupid argument because it has nothing to do with actual basketball

I have a friend who grew up a Knicks fan and is a big NBA fan.

He's been a hawks fan also for many years but really was a #1 Knicks, #2 Hawks.

(with some pressure from me lol) he switched a couple years ago to be primarily a Hawks fan.  Quit wearing his knicks stuff to Hawks Knicks games etc.  

His gut reaction after this trade, granted a trade of two scrubs, is to put the Knicks jersey back on for Saturday's game.  

Not because he's that excited about Cam but for two reasons:

1. he thinks it was a terrible trade for the Hawks

2. he now really thinks we got robbed in the Luka/Trae deal

Now I am talking him off the ledge.   His reaction is knee jerk but I guarantee he's not the only one.   It means something

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

What the hell?  Someone disagrees with you and you threaten them?  You are completely unhinged.  Basketball is for fun and entertainment.  Get a grip.  It's just an opinion about a professional athlete.  

Foot to neck doesn't mean physical violence. It means i am going to hold you to your word and if it's the opposite of what you say, i am not letting this statement slide. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm going to share this and I know you'll think this is a stupid argument because it has nothing to do with actual basketball

I have a friend who grew up a Knicks fan and is a big NBA fan.

He's been a hawks fan also for many years but really was a #1 Knicks, #2 Hawks.

(with some pressure from me lol) he switched a couple years ago to be primarily a Hawks fan.  Quit wearing his knicks stuff to Hawks Knicks games etc.  

His gut reaction after this trade, granted a trade of two scrubs, is to put the Knicks jersey back on for Saturday's game.  

Not because he's that excited about Cam but for two reasons:

1. he thinks it was a terrible trade for the Hawks

2. he now really thinks we got robbed in the Luka/Trae deal

Now I am talking him off the ledge.   His reaction is knee jerk but I guarantee he's not the only one.   It means something

And we are talking you off the ledge. Fans are emotional and over react to everything. It is the definition of being a fanatic. We are not logical when it comes to our teams.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Stop it! That's not how you are behaving and you even voted you felt this was fair deal. Don't try to play both sides of the fence. Nationally, most think Atlanta got raped in the deal. Most of the post on reddit are Atlanta got raped in the deal. Saying Knox in the same sentence as Reddish in terms of trash just validates your true feelings on Reddish. 

If you are Hawks fan, you know this was a disaster of a deal. Dont use I am a Hawks fan as a blanket to cover yourself from criticism. 

The sad part is I actually want Cam to go play well and be his best self while you guys want him to go be a bust so we don't "lose the trade" lol... and I do think it's a fair deal.  Late first rounder is his value -- nothing he's done on the court suggests otherwise.  And please don't bring up reddit as a source of legitimacy.  That place has worse bball opinions than twitter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Cam is exactly what we all knew he would be. Superstar ceiling fringe rotation floor and that eval hasn't changed at all based on his three years in the league. 

He didn't say that. He put Knox in the same boat with Cam as how people see them. No one sees Knox as someone with superstar potential. Most people think Knox is ass and always will be ass. 

• Moderators
Just now, marco102 said:

And we are talking you off the ledge. Fans are emotional and over react to everything. It is the decision of being a fanatic. We are not logical when it comes to our teams.

I'm not on a ledge and maybe i'm just not a good writer.   All i'm saying is that there are potential issues with what we just did and what i seem to be getting back is 'You're absolutely crazy'.     But i'll own it. 

• Haha 2

Just now, JeffS17 said:

The sad part is I actually want Cam to go play well and be his best self while you guys want him to go be a bust so we don't "lose the trade" lol... and I do think it's a fair deal.  Late first rounder is his value -- nothing he's done on the court suggests otherwise.  And please don't bring up reddit as a source of legitimacy.  That place has worse bball opinions than twitter.

You keep saying that this is his value but we won't be judge by that moving forward. If he is much better than average rotational player, we lose this deal. If he's a good player, we got killed. If he's a star, LMAO!

• Like 1

Just now, HawkingAwesome said:

REDDIT THINKS ITS A BAD DEAL????

thats it pack it up we are moving back to st. Louis in the middle of the night

Reddit, Twitter, Hawks fans, smart people, everyone but TS fanboys and  delusional Hawk fans who thinks what good for the goose is good for the gander when they tend to do that with every Hawks move. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

And we are talking you off the ledge. Fans are emotional and over react to everything. It is the definition of being a fanatic. We are not logical when it comes to our teams.

If everyone is emotional, why value anyone's opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Rodney Rogers.

Are you crazy? Did you ever watch Rodney play, that’s a slap in the face. Bad comparison.

Just now, NBASupes said:

If everyone is emotional, why value anyone's opinion. 

You’re the only one whose emotional. Suck it up Supes you’re better than that.

Cam got you sprung 😂 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Reddit, Twitter, Hawks fans, smart people, everyone but TS fanboys and  delusional Hawk fans who thinks what good for the goose is good for the gander when they tend to do that with every Hawks move. 

"Smart people" it seems you are an emotional investor and need to take a step back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

This isn't the first time I've heard "calm down."  It's actually why I went into lurker mode like 15 years ago.  I spent way too much time going around and around with people over people who don't even know our names - and in retrospect, players who are now retired and haven't played for us in over a decade.  It's a game.  We know.  We love the team and we get excited.

I'm not being crazy or illogical though.  I've seen this kind of thing with many different franchises and I'm just praying that we're not next.  We already have this stigma over our fanbase and franchise management in the national press...we don't need this.  Man, the last thing we need is a redemption story for Cam Reddish.  The last thing ANY organization needs is that, but certainly not the Hawks.

...and again, from a practical standpoint this is absolute floor value for Cam.  No way this is an absolute MUST DO for us right now.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You keep saying that this is his value but we won't be judge by that moving forward. If he is much better than average rotational player, we lose this deal. If he's a good player, we got killed. If he's a star, LMAO!

Again, he's a lottery ticket.  This is how much the ticket is worth today.  No one knows if it's a winner or not.  We could hold him and he doesn't get better and he's completely worthless.  I'm happy we got a first rounder for him even if it's late, especially given what has come out about his lack of buy-in.