• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Again, he's a lottery ticket.  This is how much the ticket is worth today.  No one knows if it's a winner or not.  We could hold him and he doesn't get better and he's completely worthless.  I'm happy we got a first rounder for him even if it's late, especially given what has come out about his lack of buy-in.

Cam is not a lottery ticket. No one in the NBA is. This isn't a newborn and he never played a sport or can even walk or crawl yet. He's a NBA player whose been heavily scouted since he was in middle school. 

You keep thinking this is a joke but I don't find it funny. I am extremely disgusted right now.

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I liked Rogers. So, you're probably right. I'm actually giving Knox more credit than he deserves.

Way more credit. Rodney had a good feel for the game and he had awareness. Sadly no passion and ate himself out of the game.

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

This isn't the first time I've heard "calm down."  It's actually why I went into lurker mode like 15 years ago.  I spent way too much time going around and around with people over people who don't even know our names - and in retrospect, players who are now retired and haven't played for us in over a decade.  It's a game.  We know.  We love the team and we get excited.

I'm not being crazy or illogical though.  I've seen this kind of thing with many different franchises and I'm just praying that we're not next.  We already have this stigma over our fanbase and franchise management in the national press...we don't need this.  Man, the last thing we need is a redemption story for Cam Reddish.  The last thing ANY organization needs is that, but certainly not the Hawks.

...and again, from a practical standpoint this is absolute floor value for Cam.  No way this is an absolute MUST DO for us right now.

And it is what it is. 

You don't know anything about Cam's value. You are speculating. Travis and the front office are the only ones that know. 

If you take the emotion out of it. We paid the players we decided to pay and got the player we didn't want to pay to the situation he wanted. Was the return what I liked? No, do I know what they will do with the pick? No.

All im saying is all these doomsday scenarios are a bit over the top. We can't change it. Accept it and hope it was the right move.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

This isn't the first time I've heard "calm down."  It's actually why I went into lurker mode like 15 years ago.  I spent way too much time going around and around with people over people who don't even know our names - and in retrospect, players who are now retired and haven't played for us in over a decade.  It's a game.  We know.  We love the team and we get excited.

I'm not being crazy or illogical though.  I've seen this kind of thing with many different franchises and I'm just praying that we're not next.  We already have this stigma over our fanbase and franchise management in the national press...we don't need this.  Man, the last thing we need is a redemption story for Cam Reddish.  The last thing ANY organization needs is that, but certainly not the Hawks.

...and again, from a practical standpoint this is absolute floor value for Cam.  No way this is an absolute MUST DO for us right now.

I sure as hell hope this is the floor for him.  His net rating is worse than TLC and Lou Williams.  He's bricking wild step back jumpers, looking lost on team defense, and gambling hard 1v1.  The only way he can do even worse on the court is to give up on plays entirely.  The Knicks are not betting on Cam getting better, they're betting on him getting SIGNIFICANTLY better.  Worse net rating on the team and we have been playing absolute scrubs this year.  And he's not a rookie, it's his third year.  Outplayed by TLC in his 3rd year.   

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam is not a lottery ticket. No one in the NBA is. This isn't a newborn and he never played a sport or can even walk or crawl yet. He's a NBA player whose been heavily scouted since he was in middle school. 

You keep thinking this is a joke but I don't find it funny. I am extremely disgusted right now.

I don't think it's a joke.  I think we grot fair value for a guy who hasn't been able to contribute to winning basketball.  Look at how much better every single player on our team has gotten since their rookie year with the same coaching staff, same resources, same environment.  Cam is the same player.  We got value out of a guy who could possibly be out of the NBA or a perennial role player off the bench.  It's not the end of the world.  He could also be a decent starter, but we will also have decent starters. 

And because everyone can see his POTENTIAL, Cam is absolutely ripe to get on an overpaid deal where he's seen as a bad contract in the future.  I'm happy we aren't gambling on extending him because he hasn't shown me he's willing to put in the work and be a team player.  He's not Randy Moss, he's Braylon Edwards

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Look, I don't disagree with either of you guys.  I'm NOT saying we could get BETTER value for him right now.  Not saying that at all, I AM saying, you can get that value any day of the week.  I am also saying that if THIS is the best you get, you have to CYA and make it look better for the franchise's sake.  I would rather have gambled this all the way through the draft and free agency...  Even if you packaged him and our pick to move up, you don't want this to haunt the franchise.  It's not "what if, what if, what if..."  It's happened.  Many times.

This deal, right now...?  This isn't the deal and SURELY not to NY under any circumstances.  I'm not a fool.  I've been watching this game for going on 4 decades.  I liked Cam, but I have no problems with us getting rid of him with the info that's come out.  This ain't it though.  This is just not it.  Not unless there is something else coming or if Knox was the target or if our coaches/players/scouts have weighed in and are sure this guy isn't going to go off. 

This could be really bad and if history is of any use, we take a different route and hide him in a different (and better) trade.

I don't get the angle of "why to NYK"?  I mean, if you don't like his game and future value enough to move him, it means you think he's not helping you win.  I want to help NYK not win.  This should help bigly.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 and @JayBirdHawk You guys take Friday off? :blush: 

Ohhhkkaayyy I ain’t mad, Supes is a lil tho :indifferent:

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These last 6 pages were a very fun read. Keep 'em coming :beach:.

I'm here just 

dis-gon-be-good-gif-10.gif

• Haha 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, txsting said:

I don't get the angle of "why to NYK"?  I mean, if you don't like his game and future value enough to move him, it means you think he's not helping you win.  I want to help NYK not win.  This should help bigly.

Well that just gets back to why were we playing him so much then?

5 minutes ago, txsting said:

Oh and we get to help them along on Saturday night.  Should be a fun one!!!!