• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When His GM said that he was doing a deal with Atlanta, Thibodeau believed that it was to get Tony Snell. 

Thibodeau is putting the gang back together again in NY...

Uncle Drew Movie Review

• Haha 2

6 games with the NYK as an active player:

3 DNP - Coaches Decisions

3 Games Played:  6.8 min / 4.0 pts / 1.3 reb

I actually feel kinda bad for Cam.  I get that he requested a trade and maybe wasn't the best teammate while waiting.  But I can't fault him for wanting a bigger role on a team.  But damn. Now he's stuck at the end of Thibs bench and he's trying to show he deserves an extension while avg 7 min and 4 pts per game.  Sucks for him.  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I actually feel kinda bad for Cam.  I get that he requested a trade and maybe wasn't the best teammate while waiting.  But I can't fault him for wanting a bigger role on a team.  But damn. Now he's stuck at the end of Thibs bench and he's trying to show he deserves an extension while avg 7 min and 4 pts per game.  Sucks for him.  

We can sign him to a two way once he's a free agent ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Thibs isn't going to change his rotation unless someone gets hurt so it's next year for Cam barring injuries.  I'm sure he knows that though.   

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I disagree with almost every single word you wrote in that paragraph.

Feel bad for Cam?  F NO!

Maybe he wasn't the best teammate?  MAYBE?  Maybe!  

can't fault him for wanting bigger role?    F that spoiled entitled piece of garbage who has never earned anything in his life.

sucks for him?    Yea but it's great for me!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I still vote we move on.

We dislike how/why Cam exited but what's happening to him in NYK is a Thibs problem, not a Cam problem.

NYK thought they were 'bak'.  Whatever 'bak' means when you ain't won-a dayum thing since 1970.  But they thought last year was a floor when it was actually a ceiling.

Refusing to give Cam a chance is the coach holding onto the idea that 'all they need is a couple stops and we're right bak in it' or w/e.

No, Thom.  You're a lotto team.  You're just last to realize it.

Should he "give" Cam minutes?  Not necessarily.  If Cam truly hadn't earned it, he could lose what's left of the team.  But he certainly should try to find a way.  I can't imagine the guy hasn't earned at least some burn.  Constant DNP-stubborn coach doesn't help them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

With regard to Cam on NY, this struck me as a potential Tim Hardaway Jr situation from the beginning.  Thibs  has some very definite expectations for his players and these guys have been drilled on those all year.  Cam comes in dropped out of nowhere as a raw, young player.  Always thought it was not only possible but pretty likely that he would sit on the bench for a while learning the "Thibs way" before he got a shot at a significant role in the rotation.  

THJr learned his lessons the hard way here and then had a significant role with the team.  It can easily work out the same way for Cam.  (Perhaps even with him abandoning the Knicks for a bigger contract elsewhere).

• Like 3

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I still vote we move on.

We dislike how/why Cam exited but what's happening to him in NYK is a Thibs problem, not a Cam problem.

NYK thought they were 'bak'.  Whatever 'bak' means when you ain't won-a dayum thing since 1970.  But they thought last year was a floor when it was actually a ceiling.

Refusing to give Cam a chance is the coach holding onto the idea that 'all they need is a couple stops and we're right bak in it' or w/e.

No, Thom.  You're a lotto team.  You're just last to realize it.

Should he "give" Cam minutes?  Not necessarily.  If Cam truly hadn't earned it, he could lose what's left of the team.  But he certainly should try to find a way.  I can't imagine the guy hasn't earned at least some burn.  Constant DNP-stubborn coach doesn't help them.

To be Honest though.   I don't think Cam is better than Grimes or Barrett or Burkes.   He might be better than Quickley...  In order for him to play, they would have to probably drop Burkes or Fournier.

• Premium Member

Another interesting/Funny take on this is that this is NY's GM/Ownerships fault. 

Travis supposedly originally went in for Cam/2nd for Grimes or Quickley/1st.   NY balked hard.  Countered with Knox/1st.  We took it. 

If they had given up Grimes or Quickley instead of Knox... they would have made a space for Cam to Play.   Cam is a usage guy.  He's not going to look good getting bench minutes. 

So now, 

They've made a trade that they were sure they got the better of but they have a player who may see more DNPs than they have games left.   For them:

It's like they just gave us a FRP. 

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

With regard to Cam on NY, this struck me as a potential Tim Hardaway Jr situation from the beginning.  Thibs  has some very definite expectations for his players and these guys have been drilled on those all year.  Cam comes in dropped out of nowhere as a raw, young player.  Always thought it was not only possible but pretty likely that he would sit on the bench for a while learning the "Thibs way" before he got a shot at a significant role in the rotation.  

THJr learned his lessons the hard way here and then had a significant role with the team.  It can easily work out the same way for Cam.  (Perhaps even with him abandoning the Knicks for a bigger contract elsewhere).

Thom strike you as a guy willing to be patient and wait on a guy like our group used to?

Yeah, me either.  It's as I said, Cam's emergence will happen on his next team.

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

To be Honest though.   I don't think Cam is better than Grimes or Barrett or Burkes.   He might be better than Quickley...  In order for him to play, they would have to probably drop Burkes or Fournier.

This is fair(ish).  What I think is that they traded for him, may as well make room for him.

He's not as impactful to winning as either of those you mentioned, because that's dependent on role and role acceptance.  But I'd say he's individually better than each.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thom strike you as a guy willing to be patient and wait on a guy like our group used to?

Yeah, me either.  It's as I said, Cam's emergence will happen on his next team.

This is fair(ish).  What I think is that they traded for him, may as well make room for him.

He's not as impactful to winning as either of those you mentioned, because that's dependent on role and role acceptance.  But I'd say he's individually better than each.

Better potential than either.

The whole ideal of role acceptance is his problem.  Similar to Josh Smith.  If Josh would have only play to his strengths and not his weakness, he would have been a superstar.  But because he couldn't accept that role, he turned a superstar potential into dodo.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Better potential than either.

The whole ideal of role acceptance is his problem.  Similar to Josh Smith.  If Josh would have only play to his strengths and not his weakness, he would have been a superstar.  But because he couldn't accept that role, he turned a superstar potential into dodo.

I agree on the role acceptance angle.  Disagree on Smith.  He was just ahead of his time.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I agree on the role acceptance angle.  Disagree on Smith.  He was just ahead of his time.

Maybe in thought but not in ability. 

Smith was ahead of his time in thinking about being a stretch 4... even though Kevin Love and Channing Frye and Matt Bullard and Ryan Anderson were already out there. 

But Smith was shooting .240 from 3 jacking up 6 3s a game.   He was a model for inefficiency and just plain Bitch ass play. 

Did Atlanta trade Cam for Kevin Knox and the 1st round pick thrown in?

Or, did Atlanta trade Cam for a first round draft pick and KK thrown in?

Cam plays very little.  KK plays very little.  This looks about even.  Hawks now have three first round picks this summer.  Some can be used to sweeten a deal now or later or they may be combined to move up.  Hawks really do not need another three rookies.  Two right now are on two way deals.

Nice problems to have!

🥰

• Like 1