• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Spree had more than a few screws loose.  There have been few fails in FA as great as Spree turning down that $7M/year deal from Minnesota.  That was the equivalent of getting offered a $19M/year today (as a % of the cap).  He didn't even get a new contract after that and ended up basically going broke.  

I mean, probably would have still ended up broke, but yea, missed out on another 7 million dollars to blow lol. 

I just looked at Cam’s stats with the Knicks (and didn’t realize he’s 218 pounds). Mind blowing.  The shooting is awful enough but 1 offensive rebound in 104 minutes bruh?  He’s got one more stop in Sacramento before he’s finished.

I just looked back on that draft (and how poor it was, yielding only a handful of bona fide good starters).  I can understand some apprehension on selecting Thybulle and Herro but realizing we took Cam Reddish (career 98 to 114 rating) one spot ahead of Cam Johnson (117 to 111) made my heart drop just now.  Johnson became an off baller, team defender, beloved teammate, and spacer the likes of which Reddish can’t even comprehend.  Major miss by Schlenk.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Major miss by Schlenk.

Nobody could have predicted that, no way. That’s Monday morning QB stuff. Schlenk hit, Cam didn’t fit.

If we would have taken Cam Johnson over Cam Reddish folks would have swarmed with anger.

Cam Johnson was a reach at 11 at the time in people’s minds.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nobody could have predicted that, no way. That’s Monday morning QB stuff. Schlenk hit, Cam didn’t fit.

If we would have taken Cam Johnson over Cam Reddish folks would have swarmed with anger.

I’m guessing their pro games are similar to their college career.  It wouldn’t have been a hard decision for me if so.  90% of the time I’d  steer clear of players with widely-questioned makeup coming out.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

I just dived into their college ratings.  I didn’t know Cam Johnson played 90 games in college damn.  But yeah that experience  combined with a huge gap in college rating as well (Johnson 124 to 104, Reddish 98 to 95) and it would’ve be been a no-brainer for me.

• Like 1

Cam Reddish ain't finished.  Something is wrong.  It may be between his ears.  He has talent.  We saw it while he was here.  Maybe he thought more of himself than he should.  Maybe the effort needs to improve.

Remember when, as a Hawk, he shot better after our old vet coached him up?  He is capable of doing better than he has shown in NY.  

To be a better player requires a lot of work.  When he becomes willing to put in all the extra work, then he will begin to show up better in the box score.  He mustn't give up and quit now.

🕵️‍♂️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Johnson is better than Reddish. Cam is inefficient, inconsistent and often injured. It's not Monday Morning quarterbacking. It was a bad pick. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Knicks open to trading recently acquired Cam Reddish?

Scotto: I remember one executive who spoke about Cam Reddish and said, “I’m on the fence with him. He’s the right type of player who could be really good, but he could easily be a bust too.” Bondy: I think they’re open to trading him. They don’t want to trade him because they just gave up a first-round pick for him. If they get anything less than a first-round pick back for him, that would symbolize the trade was a big mistake already. I don’t think they want to make that concession. They want to give Cam Reddish another year. He’s under contract for next season. They don’t have to give him an extension. I don’t think they will based on what they’ve seen from him so far. He will be a restricted free agent if they get that far in 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Knicks open to trading recently acquired Cam Reddish?

Scotto: I remember one executive who spoke about Cam Reddish and said, “I’m on the fence with him. He’s the right type of player who could be really good, but he could easily be a bust too.” Bondy: I think they’re open to trading him. They don’t want to trade him because they just gave up a first-round pick for him. If they get anything less than a first-round pick back for him, that would symbolize the trade was a big mistake already. I don’t think they want to make that concession. They want to give Cam Reddish another year. He’s under contract for next season. They don’t have to give him an extension. I don’t think they will based on what they’ve seen from him so far. He will be a restricted free agent if they get that far in 2023.

I think that there were serious talks before the deadline of Cam to the Lakers.   I don't think it was for a pick.. I think it was something like for Malik Monk or THT though. 

9 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Looks like he is out for the season now. Unlucky for him.  Given his inconsistency and being injury plagued, it was definitely more risky to keep him and now he heads into a summer with more questions still unanswered. 

You woulda told me 3 months ago all this was about to go down with Cam, I wouldn’t have believed it. :cray2:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

I think that there were serious talks before the deadline of Cam to the Lakers.   I don't think it was for a pick.. I think it was something like for Malik Monk or THT though. 

It fell through because they wanted a protected 1st from LAL.