• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wow we've really gone from overrating Cam to saying he's about out of the league?  He played well for us.  He's better than kevin knox, culver.   Yeah if he doesn't get his head on straight that could be a problem but I'm with @Gray Mule, i think he'll figure it out and be a good player in this league. 

By what measure did he play well for us? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We all remember his last few months where he didn't want to be here.   Were we playing him 25+ minutes a game because he sucked?

His last year was his best year with us despite that.  We gave him a lot of minutes (when he was healthy enough to play) to try to develop him and then to market him in a trade.  I totally supported that because of how good a fit he could have been had he developed the way we wanted.  But he just was never very good on the floor with us for any extended period over his 3 seasons.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Well he did get traded. Averaging 10 points per game, 3 boards, more turnovers than assists. Not exactly awe inspiring.

The near .500% TS% during his time with us was an even bigger issue than the A/TO ratio, imo.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well he did get traded. Averaging 10 points per game, 3 boards, more turnovers than assists. Not exactly awe inspiring.

I agree but i don't think he's a borderline nba player either.  He needs a reality check for sure but he's a two way wing in the right situation that could be very useful. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Thankfully Travis Schlenk is more objective about his draft picks than the Squawk. 

When Cam requested a trade, I think that shut the door on continuing to try to develop him for Travis.  Just speculating that this was the nail in the coffin rather than his struggles but while you could endure subpar production for the sake of development for someone you hope will be a long-term part of the team that becomes much less palatable when the player is no longer committed to the team. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Wow we've really gone from overrating Cam to saying he's about out of the league?  He played well for us.  He's better than kevin knox, culver.   Yeah if he doesn't get his head on straight that could be a problem but I'm with @Gray Mule, i think he'll figure it out and be a good player in this league. 

Cam was a C- player for us, based on expectations. His metrics were horrible. Every player has flashes of "goodness". Cam was best when he only had to worry about Cam.

If you were to compare him to Josh Childress, Chill was a B+ player for his role, compared to Cam's C-.

What was the Hawks record with Cam in the lineup?

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, AHF said:

When Cam requested a trade, I think that shut the door on continuing to try to develop him for Travis.  Just speculating that this was the nail in the coffin rather than his struggles but while you could endure subpar production for the sake of development for someone you hope will be a long-term part of the team that becomes much less palatable when the player is no longer committed to the team. 

I 100% agree with this. Despite the inefficiency and injuries, Cam would most likely still be here if he didn't request the trade. I still think he was the right pick due to his fit on the team as a long, two-way wing. It was unfortunate he became disgruntled with his role on the team and handled it the wrong way. If he really felt he was better than the guys he was playing behind, then he needed to prove that in practice and in the games. He was a Lottery pick and the Hawks had every reason to develop him and play him more if it was warranted. Choosing to "opt out" instead of competing is a red flag and I'm pretty sure that was enough for Schlenk to pull the trigger. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I can't find it in my searches, but I made a pretty outlandish statement 3 years ago, that both De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish would not have a better career than Bruno Fernando.

Now of course, both have been better than Bruno to this point.  But it will be interesting to see who is out of the league first.  De'Andre should be safe, with at minimum, having a Marvin Williams type career.   So the race is between Bruno and Cam as to who is out of the NBA first.

Bruno by a country mile:

Bruno Fernando's new contract with the Rockets is an exhibit-10 contract, meaning that his deal is not guaranteed for the 2022-23 season and he will be fighting for a roster spot in training camp, which is set to begin near the end of September. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Lakers, Nets.  Teams that lack depth but have elite talent to yell at his a$$

Those teams don’t have the patience for him though.  They are still hanging onto championship dreams, they are just as likely to sign a JR Smith off the street to perform his role than bother yelling at him twice. 

What he needs is a non wing-heavy lotto team…that’s also tanking….Because his contract status precludes him from being slotted into just any young core and his inconsistency means he’ll likely continue to be buried on a vet team.  

He needs a team that will give him all the opportunity to build value with no real fear of him impacting wins.  If he’s good enough, that team can always flip him for a first before the deadline and he gets paid.  Win win.

If he’s a throw in as part of some larger trade that somehow directs him to Utah, that would be a good fit.  He could do all the pull-up midrange jumpers he wants right in front of a clapping DWade.  Ainge ain’t trading anything of any measurable material worth for him though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I think he's finally conceded defeat on Cam. 

I know it was hard for him.  I hope he’s learned to delay projecting guards All-League whose offensive ratings were a full 15 points below their college squad’s.  Let alone the 3 points under the defense as a promising talent on that end.

Had I been studying ratings at the time I’d be on his “sh*t list”for sure!

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2