• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Those who trashed Schlenk for the trade trashed w/o knowing that Cam had asked for the trade.

Many if not most of those, imo, would not have trashed him for the trade had they had that intel at the time.

As for evaluating the trade, it's been a little too easy for some to ignore that Cam's development has been severely stunted for the last two (of 3) seasons he's played. Since he got hurt in late Feb 2021, Cam's played in just 53 of 140 possible games... about 38%.

There's no way to assess what would have happened of course, had the NYK trade not happened. There's not even a way at the moment to assess what will happen now that we've essentially used the NYK/CHO draft pick to obtain Murray.

Pardon me while I live here in the real world, and maintain my patience in not assuming I know things I can't know... and... while I encourage others to resist presumption, and join me here in the real world. 😉

Whether he requested the trade or not, it's looking like a fantastic trade either way. I was 100% trashing Schlenk after that move, but this goes to prove once again, there's a reason I'm not a GM in the NBA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's gonna be fun watching you shoveling back the ocean with that tiny spoon, stu.

Remind me to tell you about the time my friend ditched me with the raft in the ocean 🌊 outside Costa Rica 🇨🇷.. I basically shoveled back with a lil spoons called hands 😂 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I thought it was an excellent trade as well. 1st round pick for a guy often injured and very inconsistent. Those aren't the guys you can win with. Athletic upside isn't everything.

you had me at "entitled overrated douchebag"

• Premium Member

NBA executives split on Cam Reddish

Michael Scotto: NBA executives I’ve spoken to are split on Cam Reddish. Some believe Reddish has raw physical talent and upside that still has yet to be tapped into. Others believe he doesn’t have the drive to fulfill his potential. He’s eligible for an $8.1 million qualifying offer and restricted free agency in the summer of 2023.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

looking like

It's looking like that on 9/15/2022.

And as long as we agree that it's a legitimate possibility that on 9/15/2023 we might have a totally different perspective.... I'm fine with saying what it's "looking like."

We tend not to appreciate all we don't know. Human condition.

3 hours ago, sturt said:

It's looking like that on 9/15/2022.

And as long as we agree that it's a legitimate possibility that on 9/15/2023 we might have a totally different perspective.... I'm fine with saying what it's "looking like."

We tend not to appreciate all we don't know. Human condition.

You got two spoons out now.  Impressive. 🙃

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You got two spoons out now.

It's not an ocean, my friend, as-if the entire internet's rationality is at stake.

It's just this little tiny corner of a little tiny corner of the internet we call Hawksquawk. I think it's at least theoretically do-able. 😉

• Haha 1

I still believe that Reddish has potential that can yet be unlocked.  Being a fan of a certain west coast team that already has Huerter, I hope he goes there.  

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Cam Reddish is that local rapper in your city that people swear up and down that he/she can rap.  But when they get a chance to perform, they look below average compared to other rappers.

If Cam were a rapper ... his name would be Lil Pyrite.

Does that mean he gets on stage and chokes?

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Does that mean he gets on stage and chokes?

Nah. It means that he may look the part, but he isn't "that dude".

He's fool's gold.

He's like Joseline Hernandez trying to be a rapper.  She was supposed to be what Cardi B became. But try as might, she can't pull it off.

That's the fate of Cam. 

I can't find it in my searches, but I made a pretty outlandish statement 3 years ago, that both De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish would not have a better career than Bruno Fernando.

Now of course, both have been better than Bruno to this point.  But it will be interesting to see who is out of the league first.  De'Andre should be safe, with at minimum, having a Marvin Williams type career.   So the race is between Bruno and Cam as to who is out of the NBA first.

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Wow we've really gone from overrating Cam to saying he's about out of the league?  He played well for us.  He's better than kevin knox, culver.   Yeah if he doesn't get his head on straight that could be a problem but I'm with @Gray Mule, i think he'll figure it out and be a good player in this league. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wow we've really gone from overrating Cam to saying he's about out of the league?  He played well for us.  He's better than kevin knox, culver.   Yeah if he doesn't get his head on straight that could be a problem but I'm with @Gray Mule, i think he'll figure it out and be a good player in this league. 

He wasn't very good for us but I still think he has all the tools to be an impact player.  I expect he will be around for a while and isn't really at risk of being out of the league.  Whether he develops or not will determine whether he sticks around as a bench warmer or if he becomes a legit starter/6th man type player.

• Like 2